Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 37616 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2024, 10:46:16 PM »
At least Animl is consistent I guess. I don’t understand his xenophobia about this place.

As has been discussed to the upmost deadening horse, AH is a unicorn among the current sims and many of us play them all in some capacity.

I play AH online for the vast item set and capture the flag style play.

I use IL2s for single player. The newer IL2 GB or BOS has all the bells and whistles you could ever need and pretty pretty neat single player career. Yet, it has a somewhat repetitive mission creep. IL2 -1946 with the best mods is the closest you will get to the scrapped AH career mode. With the BAT mod you can do careers or single missions for dozens of countries in both the ETO and PTO areas.

If Animl played IL2-1946 offline modded his head would spin.

I tried DCS and no thanks. I have played jets in my lifetime and I am only a fan. Used to play Lock On quite a bit in my early sim days and it just never took like the prop planes. I know DCS had a big market share and I am I follower of r/hoggit and yet I still don’t care. I took the trial aircraft for spin and I’m good for now.

Make all the arguments you need for whatever platform(s) you cherish, for me AH has the overall experience I am seeking. Robust WWII gameplay and a group of people I enjoy. Thankfully you don’t care what I like I don’t care anyway.

It’s not the Highlander. <cue twelve paragraphs and a resume>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:48:30 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2024, 10:50:22 PM »
WWII has been over for 80 years. The cold war was won in ninety one. WWIII has begun. Probably won't be no games rehashing this one.

I dunno man. 

I give it 6 months and there will be drone sims flying over trenches dropping grenades on ground troops curled up sleeping in trenches (rag-doll physics when they blow) and tanks with open hatches.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #377 on: February 06, 2024, 07:45:42 AM »
Really looking forward to combat in the full fidelity model of this aircraft in DCS.

Here is the DCS version: https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:00:16 AM by edge12674 »

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #378 on: February 06, 2024, 08:50:01 AM »
Really looking forward to combat in the full fidelity model of this aircraft in DCS.

In a couple of more years, you might be able to.

:rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #379 on: February 06, 2024, 09:21:38 AM »
In a couple of more years, you might be able to.

:rofl

It does seem like it is taking forever!  :frown:

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #380 on: February 06, 2024, 09:26:56 AM »

To hold you overm....  :aok

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2024, 09:36:48 AM »
Pretty graphics, but too arcade for me.

TShark

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #382 on: February 06, 2024, 10:16:20 AM »

I still bet you get it before I get my Kiowa.   :rolleyes:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2024, 10:33:36 AM »
I want the F-111 but doubt they will do it anytime in the next decade. Will settle for the Tornado which we may see in the next decade.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2024, 10:35:53 AM »
I can still feel my teeth rattle from standing close to the runway at the PAR site watching the F-111s takeoff.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2024, 10:45:16 AM »
I want the F-111 but doubt they will do it anytime in the next decade. Will settle for the Tornado which we may see in the next decade.

I would love for the Tornado to come out.  I fly regularly with a real life retired Tornado pilot.  Learned a lot about modern aerial warfare.

TShark

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2024, 10:48:45 AM »
Development was announced. Might see it next year.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2024, 04:45:26 PM »
Combat is over rated especially on Sundays when there's sights to see so I like to fly Sky buses in MSFS2020
That Turtle Beach Flight yoke I bought is insanely immersive
 :neener: :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2024, 05:03:14 PM »
I've bought and flown just about every version of MSFS. Brother who flew for American for many years was visiting maybe a year ago and gave me a challenge. There was nothing to it. I've doubted the authenticity of the flight model and physics therein since.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2024, 05:07:28 PM »
It does look awesome though. Until you get down low in your own well known neighborhood.