Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 32155 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #510 on: February 15, 2024, 07:41:35 AM »
While Drano made valid points, there are a LOT more people opposing this thread of a handful of people. You made your choice and excuses while bashing AH and insulting people still putting a lot of work on it by its existence. Several who go back to the beginning of AW. We’re all starting to get pissed that this is allowed to counter our work. You gave up, cool your choice. No one else who made that same choice is being so rude to do this. Its 3-4 people vs 100s. This thread is pure disrespectful. This is low class. I would move to Pretty Mankins just because of it.

RichardWoodDweeb made a stupid remark about how player play here and hide and don’t in Pretty Manilins, well thats because there are only two playing Pretty Manakins. If you have to search so hard for s fight, yep it will be different.  Its BORING.if that POS had any fun at all  they wouldn’t have time to be here. They are more desperate than us who are preserving AH. Most boring videos I’ve ever watched.

This us a desperate act to preserve their investment at our expense. Drano’s point are separate from the fact this thread is stupid.

They are here because they are losing numbers, no fights to be had while our numbers started rising in summer.

And because this is disrespectful of the people pouring there heart into AH, I will continue to pummel this thread. This is our choice, not yours, move on to your choice. More don’t want this hete than the former players who do. Trips has zero class, which is why he’ brought others in here because most have him on ignore and not hearing his low life bs. That said, people who tweak settings provided to them is NOT. A coder, it was mocking HT with nonsense.

If there was a vote on this thread it would be hone in minutes. Its time for HT to step up and help us help him and his income. We’re getting really irritated this is allowed, when politics isn’t. Same excuse to block politics is the same reason thus should be shut down. Resoect the people helping over these very few ripping us down.

Whats more important? People preserving his game and income, or former players tearing it down? Are people preserving the game least important?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 07:47:28 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #511 on: February 15, 2024, 08:15:46 AM »
Its NOT just me who don’t approve this thread here. Uts everyone trying to preserve AH, I’m just the loud one. All one has to do is read the counters. The pro thread are former players.
Its NOT just me.

So we should respect a few FORMER players over people like Brooke, Spikes, Fugitive, Oboe, JimmyD, and everyone running events, making terrains snd skins?

Make any feeble excuse you want, steam shows Pretty Manikins losing 2000 players in a cpl months. And the excuse makers are here because of it, the loss of their numbers. They cannot prove their excuses, the charts prove mine.

Trips ruins everyones reputation with this crowd who follow his deceptive flute, using them and dragging them into the same pit he ruined his rep here. This is his 3rd posse and everyone who took the beating wised up to the fact he is using and destroying people for his benefits. Frankly, they are suckers to trips using them at their expense. Want to take a beating? Just get in line with trips. Your reputation is taking a spiral dive, credibility is gone. And after you ruin yoyrselves fir him, he’ll find a few more fools. Even Dolby figured that out. Trips dragged him right down the drain.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 08:53:47 AM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #512 on: February 15, 2024, 08:58:54 AM »
If a product can't compete on its own merit then no self-appointed defender can save it no matter how loud or ridiculous. Just sayin'.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #513 on: February 15, 2024, 09:16:24 AM »
Trips dig line
“ Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.”

1) congrats on stop talking to yourself
2) sad are use if projection. Throwing fits and saying humanly disgusting things because people don’t follow your rotting flute.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #514 on: February 15, 2024, 09:38:34 AM »
Interesting take on the current state of WWII in DCS vs other sims.  Very interested to see what happens with the PTO.  The AI Zero is already confirmed with hints that a full fidelity one is also in the works.

I wish DCS was not the only sim out there developing WWII combat aviation.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #515 on: February 15, 2024, 10:17:29 AM »
Interesting take on the current state of WWII in DCS vs other sims.  Very interested to see what happens with the PTO.  The AI Zero is already confirmed with hints that a full fidelity one is also in the works.

Pretty Manikins is HS, beat it dweeb. AH gas more WWII AC than your boring white glove sim. Your welcome here is gone.
Best it punk
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #516 on: February 15, 2024, 10:21:33 AM »
Peaks and valleys, everything in life.
We can only tell from who post on the bbs about returning. Only a small % uses the bbs,.. that said, about 95% who do are in fact return players. And it's not just boomers. Some, who started as teenagers started a family, and now the kids are old enough to not need as much attention (40s-50s). I've seen this story several times. I wouldn't call the other retirees, most are not close to that age, although some are. It's a mixed crowd minus the very young. We are gaining seasoned players, not many newbies. But again, I can't see subs, and the bbs isn't a full picture. All they need is to get back muscle memory and their off killing. I see names in-game that I haven't seen before.

The most common comment I've seen on YT vids and some forums, is how much fun they had in it years ago. 2nd in line is, rude crowd, insults, politics, bashing...they aren't/weren't wrong. A lot gave me crap over attempting to clean up the bbs to draw more in... frankly, I still hate this thread, it's ridiculous to place it here. Like it or not there is skimming happening, this is just another vehicle, it's not rocket science. It insults intelligence to say it's anything else. but the boards and 200 have cleaned up, and we got results.

FSO, is easy to explain, despite your negative notes to the world. People are enjoying the numbers up in the MA, they don't want to leave what they've been waiting for,.. it's new. They get involved in a large battle and want to stay in it. I've seen mentions.

Once this style of playing is in your blood, not a person who left will say it was bad memories and crappy game. You yourselves, have not completely shaken it, because here you are. The hook is still in you. People don't break up with GFs and then hang in front of their house everyday showing off their new girl to the ex-gf.  ok? so lets cut the insults to intelligence with "we're just buds talkin".  i guess if I was a monkey missing half my brain and the other half consumed with worms I might believe you guys. People have hinted it's not cool and you go against them. I don't want any "I'm sorry, I don't mean to offended anyone..." nonsense. You're doing it by going against their wishes. of course, I can imagine calling someone friend while they put their arms around their wife, grabs her boob and say "hey bro,.. we're just talking." All you guys do is point out flaws in AH, and praise Pretty Manikins as the savior of all sims on AH bbs. but when we point out many flaws of Pretty Manikins, you stick fingers in ears and scream "I can't HERE you!". So really, this thread is here to skim, nothing more, nothing less. You all accelerated it during a successful scenario. This biggest turn out in 5-7 years, so scrub the FSO comment. When you go against wishes of old vets,.. you crossed the white line, and basically spit on them/us. I charge for kleenex. Don't think it's appreciated in the least bit. The only ones who approve it are those who also fly Pretty Manikins. I'm not angry, you know what I look like when I am, if you don't you will. I'm just telling you straight up... this is BS. A lot of people have Cpt.Trips on ignore for wearing out his welcome with this BS and attacking me for trying to add the numbers..which he's trying to skim. Same with RichardWoodMarks. Sooner or later they will drag you into the pit too, Dolby wised up. You're just being used at your expense.

if that game was so great, you would NOT be here selling it. You wouldn't need to insult your friends by trying to steal the population of THEIR favorite game, which would kill it.

Now that said,... this will not change. You all will ignore this and push your sim bible in everyone's face at every opportunity. Knock knock knock. Because we have 2 seriously obsessed former players, so obsessed it's getting kinda like an obvious illness. These are the guys who call a female 100 times after she said no 100 times. Just keep pecking at the egg hoping someday the shell with crack in their favor. Intelligent or not. It's freak show of escaped circus geeks.

Heres the psychological convincing process used.... point out the games flaws, followed by how wonderful Pretty Manikins is. The more the name of Pretty Manikins is spoken the more likely a new reader will see it. And by ALL MEANS POSSIBLE ON EARTH, avoid admitting Pretty Manikins has serious flaws and rated very low on fun factor. It's like a used car salesman who refuses to let you look under the hood.That used car salesman,.. always has a smile n his face,.. just like you guys.

You do not hope AH increases numbers, you want it dead to get the migration. And if it does get the numbers, you'll be here trying to skim them off the top.

I guess this would all be a lot more convincing to us, if we were 10 yr olds and have zero wisdom on life's characters and deceit mechanisms.

I'm mean? I didn't bring this, what is REALLY a discussion about Pretty Manikins, to another game's forums.  Ya get what ya ask for. I feel like I'm explaining this to children. I thought Trips was 15 yrs old until I saw he was 60. Some people avoided maturity their whole life and very successful at it.

A grown mature adult with a IQ above 60, would know, this is not the coolest thing to do. But please, continue with your slow paced brain washing. It's humorous to me to think I/we cant see it.

DS Trips was even continued to mention Pretty Manikins in a scenario announcement,.. so lets get the hell off the innocent ACT. If you insist on acting like kids, I'm glad to treat you like one.

What "logs" do you have access to?

We're now at 186 in all arenas an 168 in the MA., 95-115 in the MotA scenario, th elargest turn-out in 5-7 years.,... I hope the decrease in DCS numbers by 2000 is temporary.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #517 on: February 15, 2024, 10:29:33 AM »
Your honest approach it toast
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #518 on: February 15, 2024, 10:31:15 AM »
Your credibility and validity is gone, by your own actions
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #519 on: February 15, 2024, 10:33:15 AM »
Time ket the cat out of the bag, you’re here to skim players, no other reason.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #520 on: February 15, 2024, 10:36:22 AM »
MotA
Biggest scenario tirn-out in 5-7 years. While you lose numbers in winter we gain. We gained in summer while you lost in summer
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #521 on: February 15, 2024, 11:08:35 AM »

Well, Isn’t IL2 slating a PTO after their Korea?

Combat Pilot is showing forward movement.  It would usually be too early for me to put any weight on that, but Williams has a long track record of success.

I think I agree with most of what Dr. Jeebus said.  DCS WWII is kinda of a shockingly beautiful hot mess. ;)

Despite what certain toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens spew, I have never suggested the DCS would come close to replacing what players get from AH currently.  I’m not sure it ever will.  It is a different kind of beast.  I’ve been very consistent about that.  That is what I have communicated to various AH “luminaries” both in public threads and when contacted privately about the potential for DCS.

I’m currently enjoying the DCS warbirds simply for the love of the aircraft.  The love of deeply learning about the aircraft at a level I had never bothered with before.  It is like I am Google-rich and setup a hangar and bought a slew of refurbished warbirds for my enjoyment.  They are literally as close to museum-grade exact digital replicas of the historical planes as can be produced with the current state of technology.  That is a completely different experience than what you get with AH.  Apples and Oranges.

And I didn’t even think I was interested in flying fixed-wing again.  I went to DCS for the Helo.  But after trying the Spit...wow.  Right now, I’m just having fun cross-country flying around southern England, dead-reckoning to various fields in various conditions.  Trying to take off and land in one piece. Lol.

If AH shut down the servers tomorrow, DCS isn’t what I’d recommend to people here knowing what they are looking for.  IL2 would be a closer fit and I’m saying that as someone who doesn’t fly the IL2 modules I own.  SO I am not shilling for anyone.  I enjoy discussing flightsims and their pros and cons and their different business model approaches and the interesting strategic choices they make and which ones are choosing wisely and which ones might not be.  Like people would discuss a football conference or a baseball league.

I’m currently having some interesting discussions with a IL2 1946 influencer exchanging information about 1946 vs AH.  We will be posting our two evaluations at some point to compare and contrast.  I’m not doing that for my benefit.  I fly neither 1946 nor AH at this point and was honest about that up front. But I think both communities could benefit from learning more about the other because they are a lot more similar to each other than either is to IL2 GB or DCS.

I am not religious, nor do I join cults.  To me flightsims are merely products offered for sale.  They are toasters. 

Looking on the bright side, there was a time when everyone said that flightsims were dead.  You could tell because for a while it was getting really hard to find a choice quality sticks and pedals.  Now look at all the choices you can find on the market now.  Really nice stuff.  The rumors of the death of flightsims has been greatly exaggerated.  That is heartening.  ;)

I think DCS could make a serious dent in the WWII market if it cared to.  It has the money and the momentum.  It just hasn’t been on their radar.  They have been busy dominating modern and rotary.  The WWII stuff they have, is largely by accident taking it over from a failed indy project.  That’s why it looks like a half finished mess lacking focus.  PTO might be different.  That feels to me like a true DCS business strategy mainly to block Combat Pilot from having an completely unfulfilled niche to get a foothold in because they have signaled they are going to compete against DCS in the high fidelity realm.  Competition often makes companies perform better than they would without the threat.

If AH, came out with a new version with meaningful new changes, I’d open back up an account for a while and check it out.  I keep tabs looking for signs of life and enjoy discussing inside baseball.

[BTW Dadtallica, if you are reading this I might ask to ping you privately to ask some questions about 1946 as you have appearently spent some time playing it.  I'd like to review some stuff with you before posting to make sure I'm not making factual errors.]

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #522 on: February 15, 2024, 12:45:34 PM »
Peaks and valleys, everything in life.
We can only tell from who post on the bbs about returning. Only a small % uses the bbs,.. that said, about 95% who do are in fact return players. And it's not just boomers. Some, who started as teenagers started a family, and now the kids are old enough to not need as much attention (40s-50s). I've seen this story several times. I wouldn't call the other retirees, most are not close to that age, although some are. It's a mixed crowd minus the very young. We are gaining seasoned players, not many newbies. But again, I can't see subs, and the bbs isn't a full picture. All they need is to get back muscle memory and their off killing. I see names in-game that I haven't seen before.

The most common comment I've seen on YT vids and some forums, is how much fun they had in it years ago. 2nd in line is, rude crowd, insults, politics, bashing...they aren't/weren't wrong. A lot gave me crap over attempting to clean up the bbs to draw more in... frankly, I still hate this thread, it's ridiculous to place it here. Like it or not there is skimming happening, this is just another vehicle, it's not rocket science. It insults intelligence to say it's anything else. but the boards and 200 have cleaned up, and we got results.

FSO, is easy to explain, despite your negative notes to the world. People are enjoying the numbers up in the MA, they don't want to leave what they've been waiting for,.. it's new. They get involved in a large battle and want to stay in it. I've seen mentions.

Once this style of playing is in your blood, not a person who left will say it was bad memories and crappy game. You yourselves, have not completely shaken it, because here you are. The hook is still in you. People don't break up with GFs and then hang in front of their house everyday showing off their new girl to the ex-gf.  ok? so lets cut the insults to intelligence with "we're just buds talkin".  i guess if I was a monkey missing half my brain and the other half consumed with worms I might believe you guys. People have hinted it's not cool and you go against them. I don't want any "I'm sorry, I don't mean to offended anyone..." nonsense. You're doing it by going against their wishes. of course, I can imagine calling someone friend while they put their arms around their wife, grabs her boob and say "hey bro,.. we're just talking." All you guys do is point out flaws in AH, and praise Pretty Manikins as the savior of all sims on AH bbs. but when we point out many flaws of Pretty Manikins, you stick fingers in ears and scream "I can't HERE you!". So really, this thread is here to skim, nothing more, nothing less. You all accelerated it during a successful scenario. This biggest turn out in 5-7 years, so scrub the FSO comment. When you go against wishes of old vets,.. you crossed the white line, and basically spit on them/us. I charge for kleenex. Don't think it's appreciated in the least bit. The only ones who approve it are those who also fly Pretty Manikins. I'm not angry, you know what I look like when I am, if you don't you will. I'm just telling you straight up... this is BS. A lot of people have Cpt.Trips on ignore for wearing out his welcome with this BS and attacking me for trying to add the numbers..which he's trying to skim. Same with RichardWoodMarks. Sooner or later they will drag you into the pit too, Dolby wised up. You're just being used at your expense.

if that game was so great, you would NOT be here selling it. You wouldn't need to insult your friends by trying to steal the population of THEIR favorite game, which would kill it.

Now that said,... this will not change. You all will ignore this and push your sim bible in everyone's face at every opportunity. Knock knock knock. Because we have 2 seriously obsessed former players, so obsessed it's getting kinda like an obvious illness. These are the guys who call a female 100 times after she said no 100 times. Just keep pecking at the egg hoping someday the shell with crack in their favor. Intelligent or not. It's freak show of escaped circus geeks.

Heres the psychological convincing process used.... point out the games flaws, followed by how wonderful Pretty Manikins is. The more the name of Pretty Manikins is spoken the more likely a new reader will see it. And by ALL MEANS POSSIBLE ON EARTH, avoid admitting Pretty Manikins has serious flaws and rated very low on fun factor. It's like a used car salesman who refuses to let you look under the hood.That used car salesman,.. always has a smile n his face,.. just like you guys.

You do not hope AH increases numbers, you want it dead to get the migration. And if it does get the numbers, you'll be here trying to skim them off the top.

I guess this would all be a lot more convincing to us, if we were 10 yr olds and have zero wisdom on life's characters and deceit mechanisms.

I'm mean? I didn't bring this, what is REALLY a discussion about Pretty Manikins, to another game's forums.  Ya get what ya ask for. I feel like I'm explaining this to children. I thought Trips was 15 yrs old until I saw he was 60. Some people avoided maturity their whole life and very successful at it.

A grown mature adult with a IQ above 60, would know, this is not the coolest thing to do. But please, continue with your slow paced brain washing. It's humorous to me to think I/we cant see it.

DS Trips was even continued to mention Pretty Manikins in a scenario announcement,.. so lets get the hell off the innocent ACT. If you insist on acting like kids, I'm glad to treat you like one.

What "logs" do you have access to?

We're now at 186 in all arenas an 168 in the MA., 95-115 in the MotA scenario, th elargest turn-out in 5-7 years.,... I hope the decrease in DCS numbers by 2000 is temporary.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #523 on: February 15, 2024, 01:22:40 PM »
Looking on the bright side, there was a time when everyone said that flightsims were dead.  You could tell because for a while it was getting really hard to find a choice quality sticks and pedals.  Now look at all the choices you can find on the market now.  Really nice stuff.  The rumors of the death of flightsims has been greatly exaggerated.  That is heartening.  ;)

We seem to be in a revival cycle for flight sims.  Glad to see products like this to further the hobby:

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #524 on: February 15, 2024, 01:34:19 PM »
We seem to be in a revival cycle for flight sims.  Glad to see products like this to further the hobby:

I think WT showed there was still an overall  mass market for flying.
IL2\MSFS  showed there is a sizable serious market.
DCS showed there was a high end market willing to $pend money on top quality.

Hardware guys responded to the market signals.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.