Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31353 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1035 on: March 14, 2024, 11:19:38 AM »
VA has been a godsend in IL2 with all the random key binds and stuff. I use it mainly for the mundane stuff, also have a few macros for jet startups and whatnot, where there's keybinds on top of keybinds to hold.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1036 on: March 14, 2024, 11:23:10 AM »
Voicing was never an issue, not at all.  It worked great in that regard.  VA was always causing some conflict or another... it's been so long I can't really remember exactly what it was.  One day though, I just said F'it and deleted it.  Figured eventually someone would come up with a more seamless product.  Looks like they have.

Could be I'm just getting old and don't have the inclination to mess with stuff to get it working.  Same story with me & VR.  I have a G2 that spent maybe a month not sitting on it's wall mount... there's a nice coat of dust on it now.  It was just one thing after another.  I should've waited ~another~ 10yrs.

Were you using VIACOM or some other addon that integrates with VA? I had a lot of trouble with those and got rid of them.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1037 on: March 14, 2024, 11:24:18 AM »
VA has been a godsend in IL2 with all the random key binds and stuff. I use it mainly for the mundane stuff, also have a few macros for jet startups and whatnot, where there's keybinds on top of keybinds to hold.

I do the same. Non time sensitive critical stuff in case it doesn't work. Frees up buttons on the HOTAS.

I played around with adding audio feedback on commands so I'd know if they worked without looking. Worked well enough.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 11:26:37 AM by AKIron »

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1038 on: March 14, 2024, 11:28:28 AM »
This thread was started and run by non-paying former players who have no intention of returning, but have huge intentions of promoting another specific game.

4- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive, being disrespectful, trolling, ** spamming ** or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

This entire thread is SPAM, it's disguised as a conversation of all sims, when its much more a vehicle to spam and skim players for DCS benefit.

10- Do not punt topics. Punting would be making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list.

Again, more than obvious, using play on words to skirt around the rules, they make repeat comments and post minimal content on a consistently timed basis for the soul purpose of keeping a DCS SPAM thread on top view. Any rebuttals to their comments are scrolled away with more meaningless and repeat comment posts so that their spam message stays on top.

"You can't stop me" speaks for itself on intentions.

Allowing this form of spam works against the paying players who are desperately devoting their own free time to help raise the sub numbers to their own benefit and HTC as well, while they attempt to spam them out the backdoor.

Their success makes efforts of paying customers devoting their own free time pointless.

This post will also be scrolled away in punting half-baked comments and play on words to excuse it away.

Take note: this works in their favor to high degree since DCS will not allow such conversations on their forums. So it's not we are interchanging players back and forth on a fair basis, it's a one track train for their benefit only.

This thread is systematic spamming and punting and works against paying customer's enjoyment.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #1039 on: March 14, 2024, 11:32:52 AM »

If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

Follow your own advice.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #1040 on: March 14, 2024, 11:37:23 AM »

This thread is systematic spamming and punting and works against paying customer's enjoyment.

I would be ok keeping the thread if it meant you weren’t here to ruin every single one of them.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1041 on: March 14, 2024, 01:12:45 PM »
This thread was started and run by non-paying former players who have no intention of returning, but have huge intentions of promoting another specific game.

4- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive, being disrespectful, trolling, ** spamming ** or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

This entire thread is SPAM, it's disguised as a conversation of all sims, when its much more a vehicle to spam and skim players for DCS benefit.

10- Do not punt topics. Punting would be making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list.

Again, more than obvious, using play on words to skirt around the rules, they make repeat comments and post minimal content on a consistently timed basis for the soul purpose of keeping a DCS SPAM thread on top view. Any rebuttals to their comments are scrolled away with more meaningless and repeat comment posts so that their spam message stays on top.

"You can't stop me" speaks for itself on intentions.

Allowing this form of spam works against the paying players who are desperately devoting their own free time to help raise the sub numbers to their own benefit and HTC as well, while they attempt to spam them out the backdoor.

Their success makes efforts of paying customers devoting their own free time pointless.

This post will also be scrolled away in punting half-baked comments and play on words to excuse it away.

Take note: this works in their favor to high degree since DCS will not allow such conversations on their forums. So it's not we are interchanging players back and forth on a fair basis, it's a one track train for their benefit only.

So we now know, very clearly, you have read the forum rules. Therefore you can stop posting your nonsense in this thread because of Rule#5;

5- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If you feel a post violates the forum rules, the use the "Report to Moderator" link in the post to report it.

Many Thanks
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #1042 on: March 14, 2024, 01:22:24 PM »
Punt !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1043 on: March 14, 2024, 01:26:04 PM »
I use Vaicom and Voice Attack for DCS pretty much every time.  I found Voice Attack very useful in AH with VR, using it primarily to jump to different gunner positions in bombers.   

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 14, 2024, 01:51:39 PM »
There are some ways to eliminate pot spiking. It's been a while, let me look.

Here's one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/st26id/fixing_spikingghostingnoisyfluctuating_axis/

Ah yes, I now remember seeing that in some youtube video before. But so far I didn't feel like going through these motions, especially as I’m somewhat less flying and more driving these days. (well, actually my most played game in the past 365 days is Minecraft, thanks to my son  :D)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1045 on: March 14, 2024, 02:46:15 PM »
Never played Minecraft but I did play Valheim more than a little.

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1046 on: March 14, 2024, 03:43:58 PM »
I use Vaicom and Voice Attack for DCS pretty much every time.  I found Voice Attack very useful in AH with VR, using it primarily to jump to different gunner positions in bombers.

my squad lead is from northern Minnesota and has an accent to prove it. He was having a hard time getting voice attack to recognize his commands. After telling VA six times to load the crate, I said maybe you should say it with a Indian accent and sure enough it worked.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1047 on: March 14, 2024, 04:49:31 PM »
Were you using VIACOM or some other addon that integrates with VA? I had a lot of trouble with those and got rid of them.

Ya.  VIACOM injected more immersion than anything I've ever used.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1048 on: March 14, 2024, 04:55:01 PM »
Never played Minecraft but I did play Valheim more than a little.

You can count my time on Minecraft in hours, both hands even.    Valheim was all kinds of fun.  Was in there with another "former" AH'r for awhile... until we/he discovered the built in "God Mode" or whatever you call it.  The dude has an uncanny need to dumb down a game, remove any and every semblance of "challenge", and ultimately make it as boring as humanly possible.  I quit.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1049 on: March 14, 2024, 06:02:14 PM »
My grandson and I worked together to beat Yagluth. No cheating before that. After that I used the dev commands to build. Had already gotten what I wanted from the game before that. Building enormous structures without garnering resources was fun for while and extended value for me. It's a great fun game.

To be clear, a grandson. I have 10.