Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 31272 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1185 on: April 08, 2024, 11:27:51 AM »
Two revisions of the Pimax Crystal may be released.  The "Core" version is slated for release this quarter and could be THE replacement for G2 as the "best bang for the buck" in VR.

Here is the leaked info:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Y9WYgs3-lLI?si=Sv7Ot0ejMsDVwY9E
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM by edge12674 »

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #1186 on: April 08, 2024, 11:56:50 AM »
Which G2 replacement are we talking about?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #1187 on: April 08, 2024, 11:57:51 AM »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1188 on: April 08, 2024, 11:58:23 AM »
Allow me, HP Reverb G2.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #1189 on: April 08, 2024, 01:41:34 PM »
Allow me, HP Reverb G2.
Got it. I was looking at the Quest G3 so I was getting confused. (not hard for me)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1190 on: April 08, 2024, 05:06:14 PM »
I see the toilet is still clogged with diarrhea. Thats cute.

What a shallow life one must live
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #1191 on: April 08, 2024, 05:52:32 PM »
I see the toilet is still clogged with diarrhea. Thats cute.

What a shallow life one must live

Why didn't you flush it then?

Btw, who might it be who wrote not so long time ago, that if one has nothing positive to write in a topic, it's better to write nothing..?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1192 on: April 08, 2024, 09:50:50 PM »
I see the toilet is still clogged with diarrhea.

There's only one way to know that.  :x

Get more fiber in your diet.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1193 on: April 09, 2024, 01:49:28 PM »

An interesting discussion:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1194 on: April 09, 2024, 02:28:47 PM »
An interesting discussion:

Started to watch that earlier but it's a long video. You watch it? Summarize?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1195 on: April 09, 2024, 02:56:59 PM »
Started to watch that earlier but it's a long video. You watch it? Summarize?

It's a wide ranging discussion.

About how the Falcon 4 DC came about. 
What his design goals and choices were and why. 
What he think he got right\wrong.
And then ranging into discussion of game design philosophies in general.
The trade-offs between realism\gamey fun.
Current market trends, etc.

Open the video on the video, it will have the topics broken out nicely in marked chapters titled that you can jump around to.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1196 on: April 09, 2024, 03:09:01 PM »
Interestingly, Wild Bill might be one of his future interviewees about early days of Microprose.

I've tried to interest him in interviewing Hitech as one of the key pioneers of Online Combat Games and the history there.  I'm not sure he realized that HT built both Warbirds and AH, and Enigma was a big WW2OL fan and I'm not sure he realized all those guys cut their teeth working for HT on Warbirds.  So HT was kinda at the nexus of a lot of online MMO combat sims birth, so he sounded kinda interested at the time.  He asked for HT's contact info.  Not sure if he ever got into contact yet.  This one apparently took a while to get lined up so who knows.

But apparently Animl thinks I did that to try and destroy Aces High so maybe it's better he doesn't do that interview.   :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 05:46:09 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1197 on: April 09, 2024, 08:01:28 PM »
Interestingly, Wild Bill might be one of his future interviewees about early days of Microprose.

I've tried to interest him in interviewing Hitech as one of the key pioneers of Online Combat Games and the history there.  I'm not sure he realized that HT built both Warbirds and AH, and Enigma was a big WW2OL fan and I'm not sure he realized all those guys cut their teeth working for HT on Warbirds.  So HT was kinda at the nexus of a lot of online MMO combat sims birth, so he sounded kinda interested at the time.  He asked for HT's contact info.  Not sure if he ever got into contact yet.  This one apparently took a while to get lined up so who knows.

But apparently Animl thinks I did that to try and destroy Aces High so maybe it's better he doesn't do that interview.   :rolleyes:

It would do wonders for AH... especiallyi if accompanied by an in-depth look at Hitech's background in the industry.  You ought to see if Enigma might sponsor a look at AH with a specific date/time for a joint mission in AH like he did with 1946.  He went to a lot of trouble providing info on setting 1946 up for those who didn't know (I didn't fly his event(s) but it's how I learned about a lot of the addon/mod stuff).  There's potential there, considering the Arena numbers that AH can handle makes all the competition pale in comparison.  Just don't tell NOBODY about channel 200.... or the forums here.  There's also plenty of potential for casual visitors to get run off posthaste.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1198 on: April 10, 2024, 10:11:55 AM »
It would do wonders for AH... especiallyi if accompanied by an in-depth look at Hitech's background in the industry.  You ought to see if Enigma might sponsor a look at AH with a specific date/time for a joint mission in AH like he did with 1946.  He went to a lot of trouble providing info on setting 1946 up for those who didn't know (I didn't fly his event(s) but it's how I learned about a lot of the addon/mod stuff).  There's potential there, considering the Arena numbers that AH can handle makes all the competition pale in comparison.  Just don't tell NOBODY about channel 200.... or the forums here.  There's also plenty of potential for casual visitors to get run off posthaste.

He has 25k subscribers and that video got almost 8k views in the first day.  It would be great exposure for HT. 
And I would find the discussion very interesting myself.
I told him to have him on separate from Wild Bill.  He'll get better stories that way. ;)

Enigma was a big WWIIOL fan and still plays IL2 GB and 1946. 

He had apparently tried AH at some point but didn't seem to click with him.  I've tried to find out more about why it didn't.  He doesn't seem to mind the idea of subscription.  Only other guess is the 3-sided chess piece war.  I can see him wanting AvA like WWIIOL and IL2.

I suggested he take a look at AHIII and give it a review but he said he doesn't have time to install another game.  OK.  I get it. 
I was looking at 1946 but told the forum guy I was conversing with I wasn't going to bother with the patches.  Since I wasn't planning to play it, only wanted to examine it, I get his position.  Only so many hours available.

But Online Combat Sims, their comparative designs, and their history are his interest so I didn't want to push it and hope he at least does the interview someday.

It would be a crime against humanity to let Wild Bill define the narrative of those early days.  :D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:12:50 AM by CptTrips »

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1199 on: April 10, 2024, 02:29:35 PM »
Agreed!  Wild Bill ruined what HiTech had created in Warbirds.  His ego alone would turn a lot of players away from online WWII games.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills