Author Topic: Boring gameplay  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Boring gameplay
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2024, 04:49:03 PM »
And the constructive part of this thread is.... done.. lol

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2024, 05:23:48 PM »
if you haven't figured it out yet, there will be no changes to the game play if it involves an investment.  HTC is not about to spend money on code changes.  The game is what it is and will remain so until the end. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2024, 05:39:50 PM »
Yes, you are quite correct.

Not expecting any changes from HTC, just calling out those who engage in this kind of "gameplay." 

I suppose in the absence of self-regulation, any sense of shame falls by the wayside as well.

if you haven't figured it out yet, there will be no changes to the game play if it involves an investment.  HTC is not about to spend money on code changes.  The game is what it is and will remain so until the end.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2024, 06:31:20 PM »
1) He does have a point. Every weekend Rooks and Bish gangbang Knits. Which is fine in some respects, depending on how one squints their eyes. For the victim every flight is 5-1 odds. So ya don't only get 2 country gangbang, but every flight is one too. After a while I just log.

2) The only real cure is the players. In games, that's the last thing one should count on. Players who think enough can work around almost any code. It's wack-a-mole.

3) This is a 30+ year old subject. Here we are recycling 2 countries again. A concept that is much worse than 3, on levels I'm not going to take the time to repeat list for the 20,000th time. It's like a twilight zone subject. Even IF (a massive word) it was decided for 2 countries,..it would require a lot of re-coding. That said, you're lucky to get the easiest things changed. That's hopeless.

4) 30 pilots in a horde just to gangbang, is many otherwise fights lost. When it's 2-1 you're only going to get so many fights. It's basically a waste of pilots just to pillage. Again, to each their own $15.

It is what it is. I will say this, last weekend on the edge of logging I pitched a bit**h on 200. 30 min later both sides had broken off and decided to fight each other again. <shrug>

It really comes down to a few specific large squads, not the community as a whole. 2-3 of them that's all they do is gandbang and HO, even in a gangbang. Basically, repulsive nonsense. Remember 'it's all about the WIN". They know who they are. But then, like street fighting, there's no rules in war.

Conversation for deaf ears.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 10:49:34 AM »
And people wonder why I call out such weaksauce... current players have zero ability or willingness to balance out the action even if only to hit two fronts. There are zero bish/rook engagements.

Eny has zero impact on situations like this.

It's weaksauce and I'll continue to call it out.

What time was this screen shot taken?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2024, 11:07:05 AM »
10:13am CST  on 1/13/24   - Saturday.  This was somewhat of an outlier in typical wknd morning numbers, but the ultimate point in this was that it's becoming  more common where a team focuses almost the entire team on one side (and base) instead of being able to play both sides. 

"safety in numbers" indeed.   Having said that, all 3 sides are guilty of this to an extent, some more than others when numbers are imbalanced (morning bish)

The topic has been covered recently in how morning play often sets the tone for evening, especially concerning the perceived double teaming of some side or other.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2024, 11:55:04 AM »
10:13am CST  on 1/13/24   - Saturday.  This was somewhat of an outlier in typical wknd morning numbers, but the ultimate point in this was that it's becoming  more common where a team focuses almost the entire team on one side (and base) instead of being able to play both sides. 

"safety in numbers" indeed.   Having said that, all 3 sides are guilty of this to an extent, some more than others when numbers are imbalanced (morning bish)

The topic has been covered recently in how morning play often sets the tone for evening, especially concerning the perceived double teaming of some side or other.
Roger.  Thanks!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2024, 12:36:25 PM »
Anyone ever thought of adjusting or deleting certain spawns from the maps to make taking bases more difficult? Minimize vectors of attack and after let’s lay every 3 basses require bombers and goons instead of GV assaults.

Chuikov

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2024, 01:14:16 PM »
Anyone ever thought of adjusting or deleting certain spawns from the maps to make taking bases more difficult? Minimize vectors of attack and after let’s lay every 3 basses require bombers and goons instead of GV assaults.

I've incorporated this idea in most of my maps by eliminating offensive spawns at some bases, and making offensive spawns progressively more distant from towns as bases in a "chain" are captured.  But this doesn't seem to discourage 2v1 ganging.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2024, 03:43:44 PM »
Well, when I log on, I always look for the biggest dar bars so I can get into a fight in a reasonable amount of time.  My time is limited, so I am always interested in getting to the active zones as soon as possible. Yes, i could fly from/to a front that has little activity, egg some ords and whatnot in hopes of drawing a response, and in fact, do so occasionally.  But that can be iffy, and I'd rather see a solid chance of getting into a scuffle, than a maybe chance.  I usually fly with a teammate, and the chances of getting a good response from an enemy that is heavily engaged with the other team is usually reduced (although Prayer and I got into some very nice scraps with Kermit and crew a few days ago after loading up drop tanks and flying the long way to knitland) substantially.

Maybe we could keep track of which countries seemed to be ganged the most over a two-week time period? I always felt like that being the country gangers as opposed to the gangee rotated depending upon which day of the week it was, and which squads were active.

:airplane:

V/r

HW   

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2024, 06:44:12 PM »
so if everyone goes out and recruits 5 new players that should fix it! I'm sure hitech wouldn't mind giving out free sheep for those that accomplish this task and our game would be back up to 4 or 5 hundred players! who's with me?!!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2024, 02:53:24 AM »

Every weekend Rooks and Bish gangbang Knits.

I rarely fly on weekends and lately not so much even during the week, but pretty often I've logged in, that has been the situation. Both having double the numbers and not fighting each others.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2024, 07:21:39 AM »
I would have to say a this point in the game's life span it is as much a chat room as it is a flight sim, seems to me a lot of guys just like to log in and hang out with their squads or fellow chess pieces, maybe shoot some things or not, this attitude would preclude any side switching where you may have to talk to work with with people you do not know as well.

Just my armchair analysis for whatever it is worth.

<S>

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2024, 07:44:29 AM »
This would be more representative of typical mornings thru early afternoon (5-6 hours of nbrs/odds like this.).   This is what sets the tone for the evening. 

It's the weaksauce all-in vs one side at a time with a massive advantage. It's not "tactical" as much as it is weaksauce because these bish will flop and log once numbers even out and then the evening bish are stuck being double teamed and simply do not possess enough skill to do very much, even with more total players than in mornings - even odds, amirite?

7:30am CST 1-16-24

Roger.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 07:47:28 AM by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2024, 08:27:30 AM »
These players bring very little to the gaming experience table.   

8:25am CST   Still all-in vs knights.