Author Topic: Boring gameplay  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Boring gameplay
« on: January 13, 2024, 10:18:22 AM »
And people wonder why I call out such weaksauce... current players have zero ability or willingness to balance out the action even if only to hit two fronts. There are zero bish/rook engagements.

Eny has zero impact on situations like this.

It's weaksauce and I'll continue to call it out.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boring gameplay
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 11:08:39 AM »
current players have zero ability or willingness to balance out the action even if only to hit two fronts.

Safety in numbers  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 12:22:11 PM »
Safety in numbers  :old:

Which is why I think it would be the same on a two country system. Then there’s only one front to fight on, and someone’s still getting ganged.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 12:57:58 PM »
Original fighter pilot mantra "ATTACK!"

Current AH fighter pilot mantra "Never hit someone in anger, unless you are absolutely sure you can get away with it."

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 01:13:52 PM »
Which is why I think it would be the same on a two country system. Then there’s only one front to fight on, and someone’s still getting ganged.

I think if ENY was adjusted correctly to a two sided setup, people would fall in line pretty quickly unless they like fending off 262s with a ju88 or bringing rocket tanks to deal with tiger2's.

This means the ENY value of every plane in the hangar, and when ENY starts to kick in.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 01:19:00 PM »

On the other hand, with a two country system, no country could be ignored. ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 01:21:09 PM »
Are we really doing this one… again?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 01:26:02 PM »
Are we really doing this one… again?

I think this horse is only dead to those who choose to ignore the fact its a problem.  An adult discussion about it it definately better than some of the other posts I see on the boards.

How long it will stay a constructive conversation is to be determined.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 01:37:55 PM »
OK, so everyone agrees its a problem..... whats the solution?

The only way it can be fixed is by an interaction of HTC. Coding will have to be changed to force....err.... coerce players into using both fronts. HTC isnt well known for doing that. They have always been more bent on letting players play the way they want for their $15.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 01:40:17 PM »
OK, so everyone agrees its a problem..... whats the solution?

The only way it can be fixed is by an interaction of HTC. Coding will have to be changed to force....err.... coerce players into using both fronts. HTC isnt well known for doing that. They have always been more bent on letting players play the way they want for their $15.

And you cannot code human behavior… otherwise the Matrix happens. Also, what time of day is this? You can’t expect constant even action 24/7/365. MA had 150+ last night. I was done playing but stayed 30 min longer just because it was fun.

I mean on offense to anyone but barring HT all of a sudden having a new stance, then for all those reasons this horse is floating downstream.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 01:42:17 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2024, 01:58:03 PM »
ANother Shane whine has been recorded. Just like kicking a dead horse, just deal with it. Make sure YOUR not part of the problem. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2024, 02:00:09 PM »
-- Low side gets better eny and more planes to fly.
-- Let people switch to low side whenever they want.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2024, 02:43:36 PM »
And you cannot code human behavior… otherwise the Matrix happens. Also, what time of day is this? You can’t expect constant even action 24/7/365. MA had 150+ last night. I was done playing but stayed 30 min longer just because it was fun.

I mean on offense to anyone but barring HT all of a sudden having a new stance, then for all those reasons this horse is floating downstream.

Im sure the coad can be rewritten so that after "team A" takes 2 bases from "Team B" , team A must switch to the other front to take at least 1 base from "Team C". Team A will not be able to capture any bases on the team A vs Team B front until that one base is captured from team C.

Years ago we had a base take line in the game. If you took A50 then the only bases you could take were along the line at A51 and A60. The biggest issue with that setup was the enemy pretty much knew where the next base attack was going to be and so defense was pretty heavy slowing the base grab greatly. It didnt last very long.

With the coad adjustment suggested above players would still have the flexibility to attack were they wanted to only with the restriction that they MUST switch fronts. They could switch front every base grab if they want, or every other grab. They could also choose which bases along the front they want to hit with out being restricted to the old "line" setup.

I think it would help if the whole "ENY" system was reworked as well. Some of the ENY per planes just seem way out of wack. Some planes have proved to be far better in the game then the numbers suggested they would be vs the others.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2024, 02:57:27 PM »
Im sure the coad can be rewritten so that after "team A" takes 2 bases from "Team B" , team A must switch to the other front to take at least 1 base from "Team C". Team A will not be able to capture any bases on the team A vs Team B front until that one base is captured from team C.

Years ago we had a base take line in the game. If you took A50 then the only bases you could take were along the line at A51 and A60. The biggest issue with that setup was the enemy pretty much knew where the next base attack was going to be and so defense was pretty heavy slowing the base grab greatly. It didnt last very long.

With the coad adjustment suggested above players would still have the flexibility to attack were they wanted to only with the restriction that they MUST switch fronts. They could switch front every base grab if they want, or every other grab. They could also choose which bases along the front they want to hit with out being restricted to the old "line" setup.

I think it would help if the whole "ENY" system was reworked as well. Some of the ENY per planes just seem way out of wack. Some planes have proved to be far better in the game then the numbers suggested they would be vs the others.

Sorry I’m not interested in paying $15 to be funneled like mice in an maze and I would bet 85% or more of the current players feel the same. I’m happy to be wrong.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2024, 03:30:36 PM »
A head in the sand locust has been recorded humping my ankle.  It's head scratching the way some of y'all circle your little ego-wagons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKD7YkAFlY

"Morallity cannot be legislated, but behavior can be regulated. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can restrain the heartless."  ~MLK

Indeed.

ANother Shane whine has been recorded. Just like kicking a dead horse, just deal with it. Make sure YOUR not part of the problem. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 03:41:46 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798