Author Topic: Boring gameplay  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: Boring gameplay
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2024, 03:15:37 PM »
Last night prime time CST, the entire fight was between Rooks and Bishops.  As I Knight I couldn't find a fight on either of our fronts.  I attacked a couple of bases by myself and then joined the unopposed base-taking effort against the Bishops; we captured 4 or 5 bases without opposition and reset the map.

Its odd because numbers are high enough to support a small two-front war.     

You missed a good horde to horde fight. 1.5 bars for each side at A5. It was between 8p cst and 9:30p cst.

Bish and Rooks were gang banging some a little earlier, but finally found the north side of the map. They gang bang an entire weekend, 6 weeks in a row now. There's no middle ground with those two. <shrug>
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2024, 07:50:02 AM »
Would be nice if 95% of the players could get out of their 2 weeker noobs rides. All I see now are 190Ds, La7s, yak3s, Spit16s, and P51s. All these people asking for new planes and yet 95% of the arena flies EZ mode super late war planes so they can run away. Talk about boring gameplay, ugh.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 07:52:19 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2024, 08:28:09 AM »
Would be nice if 95% of the players could get out of their 2 weeker noobs rides. All I see now are 190Ds, La7s, yak3s, Spit16s, and P51s. All these people asking for new planes and yet 95% of the arena flies EZ mode super late war planes so they can run away. Talk about boring gameplay, ugh.

+1. I'd like to fly early and mid-war kites, but it is pretty hopeless against überkites diving from stratosphere mach 2,5. I have downed P47 and Ki84 w/ B-239, but those were real exceptions, especially with my nonexistent dogfight skills and reaction time measured with calendar.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2024, 08:50:57 AM »

Man, I've been flying the LA7 a lot recently for the Lavochkin kills achievement, and MAN it's incredible how easy it is to fly.  I had forgotten how easy it and the Spit 16 actually were.  Poor forward visibility and fuel might be the only negatives.  I haven't spent much time in a Yak 3, but I assume it's in the same category. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2024, 08:56:46 AM »
I’ve been in the A5 recently. Ya, I die a lot.

To add some humor.
Last night a large 30k horde went after our HQ. Fin3time took bombers up there and wiped out half the horde. It was hysterical. Not enough damage was caused.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2024, 09:02:20 AM »
  I haven't spent much time in a Yak 3, but I assume it's in the same category.

Yak3 so easy, I feel dirty just using it  :( Although you will find me using one on a capped feild.

Only cons using one is very limited ammo, no good 15k +  and watch the wings fly off at 450 mph.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2024, 09:50:51 AM »
Man, I've been flying the LA7 a lot recently for the Lavochkin kills achievement, and MAN it's incredible how easy it is to fly.  I had forgotten how easy it and the Spit 16 actually were.  Poor forward visibility and fuel might be the only negatives.  I haven't spent much time in a Yak 3, but I assume it's in the same category.

Now you know why I get irritated with guys like Skyyr and other vets clinging to their La7s and 190ds with 500 kills a month. The BT squad all ganging in 190Ds and yak3s. It doesn't matter if you are good in 1v1 in other planes. The MA is totally different but saturated with the noob planes meant for 2 weekers and its just creating stale gameplay to have to constantly watch out to get ganged after being rundown by the world's fastest plane catching you at 480 mph.... then you reverse and they run away until their buddies come help or bore you to sleep with E loops. Just sigh...

I mean just look at thr 190D stats for last tour... ridiculous.12 ENY my ass. You are telling me it shouldn't be 5 like the La7 or 8 like the Nik? Give me a break.

About 90% of the MA fighters need to grow a pair.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:53:33 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2024, 10:35:56 AM »
One reason I like many servers at IL-2; if map is from 1942, you get only those kites and tortoises which existed at that time. Also, very realistic damage model in tanks. No planes w/ single 20mm killing Panthers or Wirbels annihilating Tigers.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2024, 11:24:35 AM »
Now you know why I get irritated with guys like Skyyr and other vets clinging to their La7s and 190ds with 500 kills a month. The BT squad all ganging in 190Ds and yak3s. It doesn't matter if you are good in 1v1 in other planes. The MA is totally different but saturated with the noob planes meant for 2 weekers and its just creating stale gameplay to have to constantly watch out to get ganged after being rundown by the world's fastest plane catching you at 480 mph.... then you reverse and they run away until their buddies come help or bore you to sleep with E loops. Just sigh...

I mean just look at thr 190D stats for last tour... ridiculous.12 ENY my ass. You are telling me it shouldn't be 5 like the La7 or 8 like the Nik? Give me a break.

About 90% of the MA fighters need to grow a pair.

Why points mean zero to me.
Some of these vets are only flying 4-5 at a time and then sit back snd wait until you’re in a fight and jump in to blind side. Then claim what a great pilot they are.  The gang bang mentality has risen to new levels. Its either gang bang or nothing. I get the wingman thing,.. but you’re right, they won’t fight one plane unless they have 3/4 backups. I’ve been fighting 5-1 for weeks now.  A lot of points are gang bang points, Not ACM, false positives.

Don’t get me started on the lamer BT sqd. I’m not sure they know how to fight at all. They HO 100% of the time. These are lamer gamers, not simmers.  They think its funny. So…<shrug>

Would be an idea to consider anyone involved in 5 HOs in 30 minutes should be benched for 15 min.. it won’t happen, but its valid. Its way out of hand.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2024, 02:13:50 PM »

That is why I fly the old Brewster 98% of the time... slow, can't run away or climb, but it is extraordinary fun many times... Not to criticize other people's choices, since people have their ways of having fun with this game...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »
I use a 38 normally. If field is capped, then I use a 38. If I have a long way to go to a fight, then I will use a 38.

Just my 38 cents worth. Your change may vary.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 03:55:47 PM »
That is why I fly the old Brewster 98% of the time... slow, can't run away or climb, but it is extraordinary fun many times... Not to criticize other people's choices, since people have their ways of having fun with this game...

Plane is one thing, how you fly it is another

I am in a 109k4 most of the time these days as the hordes of late planes dictate that but if odds are down to 1v1 or 1v2 I will turn and burn with them regardless of what they are flying

It's pretty cool how you can get the best of even a zero or a brew in a k4...very satisfying when it happens..that one tater hit helps

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 04:22:50 PM »
I vary things a bit, but suck at outfighting someone in the later stuff , so fly early birds like the KI-43 a fair bit.
At least I have half a chance to get out of the way :D
TCH in-game

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2024, 05:54:51 PM »
Two sided is what this Sims needs to go to.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2024, 07:04:20 PM »
you and me both ZE! And enthropy
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait