Author Topic: Here's the hypocrisy  (Read 2520 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Here's the hypocrisy
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 10:32:08 AM »
I died in a 262 last night to toddbobe's Mossie and typed "ooph. nice" on 200 and did not get muted. Weird.

Correct.  But honestly what he said was not mute worthy. 

At least the part he showed. ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2024, 10:48:37 AM »
Correct.  But honestly what he said was not mute worthy. 

At least the part he showed. ;)

Agreed. But you can't trash talk after every kill or death and then :shockedpikachuface: when someone trash talks back.

In any event, he should email the images to HT and give him a call, but apparently he can't use a phone. :rolleyes:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2024, 11:52:41 AM »
I remember getting in a dog fight with you Shane in a yak and you were in a runstang.

All you did was talk xhit on 200 the entire dogfight

I have 0 sympathy for your toxicity.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2024, 12:07:23 PM »
I died in a 262 last night to toddbobe's Mossie and typed "ooph. nice" on 200 and did not get muted. Weird.

Seems you're missing the point. That would have got Shane or I muted it we typed that.

It's not "what" you type. It's "who" types it. Which is why it's a problem...

It appears that there are a group of players and or mod that are targeting certain players in an attempt to run them off.

Like I said it's not "what" you type. it's "who" typed it. My best example is the mute for "non-game related chat on 200" (I made a comment about an ongoing discussion)

You people who are not targeted are basing it on you're experience. I really hope one of you guys become the target of this so you can experience "everything" you say getting muted when the people who have decided to target you are on.

And with that. I'm done with it. It's just very frustrating when people don't seem to get what's going on.

I'll shove off as I was told to do previously :) Just couldn't help myself when I saw this lolz.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 12:14:48 PM by hazmatt »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2024, 12:26:51 PM »
Are you saying I was dogfighting and talking smack the same time?   How much help did you have nearby? Were you close enough to run back to your ack? Did I drag you around just because I wanted to?  I'm more than capable of popping your...lol,.. yak?

I have zero sympathy for weaksauce.

I remember getting in a dog fight with you Shane in a yak and you were in a runstang.

All you did was talk xhit on 200 the entire dogfight

I have 0 sympathy for your toxicity.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2024, 02:01:05 PM »
You're telling me to call and say that some manbabies abused the .rpt a few months ago and that the .rpt system no longer works as intended when true offense occurs?    And then what?  Nothing will change - not even the tweakable settings. "Use squelch."  Ooohhh, the irony.

I just gave HTC enough info to work with for an obvious abuse of .rpt (you even have the film.)  9/14/23 early morning. How much work to bring up the .rpt logs for that day? 

9/14/2023 fairly sure early morning, CST...  it's not the only time, but one that I was able to document.  Prior experience has taught me HTC doesn't have the resources or time to deal with this kind of trivial thing.

I'll never get that time back. Nothing will be done.

Seriously Shane? If you can't stand on your own, no one here can help you. If someone mass reported me for nothing, I'd be calling in a heartbeat.

If you are serious that you did nothing, then you have nothing to hide. Dale has access to everything that happened during the time that this covers. He can see it all. If you don't try, you will not know.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2024, 03:12:53 PM »
What do you mean "stand on my own?"   

Check your pm's, mmmkay, then get back to me.

Seriously Shane? If you can't stand on your own, no one here can help you. If someone mass reported me for nothing, I'd be calling in a heartbeat.

If you are serious that you did nothing, then you have nothing to hide. Dale has access to everything that happened during the time that this covers. He can see it all. If you don't try, you will not know.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2024, 04:51:18 PM »
What the heck is a "gunbunny"?

Is that like an ack queen?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2024, 05:01:58 PM »

I was wondering the same thing....lol.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2024, 05:16:18 PM »
Players that hop into the manned guns instead of a plane. Even I do sometimes.

It pales in comparison to others' word choices, amirite?

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2024, 07:02:31 PM »
As if my words matter.
Shuffler made good points.

I have nothing against Shane, It's how I joke with my crew all day, but I smile when I do it. Me being from Chitcago area, that's kinda common play. I don't know if he's laughing or truly angry while texting it. <shrug>

HOWEVER.
IMHO (which matters not), this is always a 2D conversation. As was mentioned, log files show a lot more than a screen shot. Shane doesn't bother me, but some people (prolly only 2-3) will go on and on and on, which does irritate some, yet only speak of one instance. This is common in a court about every 5 minutes, half-stories. It may not be the 1st comment, but the 101st. It's the missing part. I wouldn't judge anyone on a screen shot. 2 things can be wrong.

If it was only the one comment, and no frothing at the mouth prior, I'd find a way to call HT. I wouldn't rely on emails, nor this board.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2024, 07:19:22 PM »
I'm laughing.  I've always tweaked those with fragile egos in this cartoon genre (AW included.) I had years of dealing with Culero and Skuzzy and have generally stayed on the right side of the smack line.

I get how a screenshot can be misrepresentative, but how about a compressed 2 hr chat buffer down to a viewable 3 min 30 sec video that shows the entire chat from me logging on until that gunbunny screenshot above.  It was early morning, not much going on in the buffer as you will see (if you watch the video.)

This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKD7YkAFlY

Now, to be fair, I did not contact HT about that particular incident because... HT has more valuable things to be doing with his time than slog thru chat logs to find out what's what. 

I'm not a vulgar person in the buffer. I generally keep my smack game-related until some goobers start making it personal and non-game related with their insults. I take serious issue when people start lying about me.

Do you have any idea how many times I was muted right before some holiday? There was a period where I was muted almost every other week. By the same people, some of whom almost never engage on ch200.

Meh. Nothing is going to change.

As if my words matter.
Shuffler made good points.

I have nothing against Shane, It's how I joke with my crew all day, but I smile when I do it. Me being from Chitcago area, that's kinda common play. I don't know if he's laughing or truly angry while texting it. <shrug>

HOWEVER.
IMHO (which matters not), this is always a 2D conversation. As was mentioned, log files show a lot more than a screen shot. Shane doesn't bother me, but some people (prolly only 2-3) will go on and on and on, which does irritate some, yet only speak of one instance. This is common in a court about every 5 minutes, half-stories. It may not be the 1st comment, but the 101st. It's the missing part. I wouldn't judge anyone on a screen shot. 2 things can be wrong.

If it was only the one comment, and no frothing at the mouth prior, I'd find a way to call HT. I wouldn't rely on emails, nor this board.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 07:23:25 PM by Shane »

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 07:30:47 PM »
Dude, you are abrasive, almost 24/7.

Look at you BBS signature.  Look at your info about your location.

My guess is people are reporting you because they don't want you here.  I watch you be an aggressive ultra melon on country channels too.

If you don't have anything nice to say, which you never do, shut up or move on.

You are being reported for being a pisspoor addition to the community.  You are either pissing and moaning or trash talking as soon as the text buffer opens.

Life is short.  Spend it doing something you enjoy.  Your presence here reminds me of some disgruntled employee.  This isn't a job.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2024, 07:39:02 PM »
Why do you have to exaggerate?  This video belies your claims.  And yeah, I think my sig lines are very applicable - you're proof.  You won't even watch the video because it will show you wrong.  There are plenty of times when I'm quiet or just coordinating things.  And I always wtg base takes.

Watch the video - then I might take your opinion more seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKD7YkAFlY

<edit: what you're claiming is exactly the kind of misrepresentation I push back against.>

Dude, you are abrasive, almost 24/7.

Look at you BBS signature.  Look at your info about your location.

My guess is people are reporting you because they don't want you here.  I watch you be an aggressive ultra melon on country channels too.

If you don't have anything nice to say, which you never do, shut up or move on.

You are being reported for being a pisspoor addition to the community.  You are either pissing and moaning or trash talking as soon as the text buffer opens.

Life is short.  Spend it doing something you enjoy.  Your presence here reminds me of some disgruntled employee.  This isn't a job.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 07:46:57 PM by Shane »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2024, 08:43:10 PM »

Shane has always been a trash talker.  If you can't tolerate  it, perhaps you should detune Channel 200 or mute him.  Because otherwise Shane is one of the best fights you'll ever encounter. 

Try it some day, you might enjoy it.  In the meantime, it would be nice if you didn't try to make more people leave this game.

- oldman