Author Topic: Apple TV  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Apple TV
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2024, 10:00:32 AM »
AI will likely bring changes we can't imagine today.

And problems...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2024, 10:02:04 AM »
Sometimes I think it's good to be old.  :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 10:28:30 AM »

It is the best

"Youth is wasted on the young"

:cheers:

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2024, 07:02:03 AM »
Seems my ??TV?? came with a 2 month trial of Apple TV..  Who'da figured? Last night I binged the John Lennon mini series.

Brutal.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2024, 07:03:06 AM »

I can't wait to use it as an excuse for being slow and feeble.

Instead of just being stupid.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2024, 07:38:35 AM »
There's been talk of Windows going subscription. No doubt Microsoft would very much like to do that but it won't happen soon.

Once it does I will just wipe the HDD and install Windows 10 off a DVD. Office is the same way. I have an Office 2007 CD that works perfectly, absolutely no reason to pay for it yearly. Bought once, can install on as many computers as I want with no restrictions. Dont need the latest and greatest thing with shiny new toys to make a computer work and get on the internet.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2024, 07:51:02 AM »
I can't wait to use it as an excuse for being slow and feeble.

Instead of just being stupid.

So you're too young to use the old excuse eh?

Eagler

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2024, 08:47:44 AM »
What?  I'm confused.  Please remove me from this page.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2024, 09:49:13 AM »
What?  I'm confused.  Please remove me from this page.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2024, 06:31:36 PM »
The Michael J Fox movie kicked my butt too.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2024, 07:45:32 AM »
Watched all of the "For All Mankind" series. Not bad but definitely a woke agenda with a wise commie thrown in for good measure.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2024, 08:00:40 AM »
The greatest beer run ever was a decent flick. I can relate to its antiwar message..thought it was going to be a comedy but it was anything but that...

Eagler

Offline Misery

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2024, 12:58:36 PM »
I don't have cable. I prefer streaming services as I get to choose where my money goes with a little more discretion. Right now, I have:

Apple+
Paramount+
Peacock
Netflix
Prime (+Britbox, Acorn, UP)
NFL Sunday Ticket / Redzone

Recently dropped:
Disney+
Hallmark

I'm planning on dropping Paramount+ since they decided to cancel Joe Picket. I'm planning on dropping Peacock as they just don't offer much new stuff that I'm willing to see and I own the old stuff that I loved (The Office, Parks and Rec... etc).

I dropped Disney+ because their programming has gotten so progressively worse and political that I just can't stomach it. The story arc of The Mandalorian is a classic example. They now have new Marvel content that I will not watch. They bought a target audience when they acquired Marvell and Lucasfilm... then they decided to "fix" that target audience by completely changing the product they enjoyed. It was bizarre.

Most of the good shows on Apple+ have already been listed. I found the following particularly enjoyable (in no particular order):

Slow Horses
Ted Lasso
Foundation
Masters of the Sky

I find most of the Apple+ content to be better produced than the other channels. The only problem is that it's not released often enough to make it something you turn on more than one or two times a week. I think that's good as binging is causing production anomalies (IMO).

I'm also VERY glad that NFL has finally offered Sunday Ticket outside the scope of DirectTV. I'm not quite sure if I like the pure NFL overload of RedZone just yet. By my second RedZone subscription, I was finding the individual games more to my liking.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2024, 12:36:07 PM »
I'm enjoying Slow Horses.

Lasso was a bit too saccharine for my tastes.

I'll probably finish Slow Horses and then go finish For All Mankind.  Maybe Severance.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2024, 12:41:52 PM »
Slow Horses mastered the cliff-hanger ending.  Really easy to watch episodes back-to-back.

Have you seen Oldman as Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour?   Brilliant portrayal.