Author Topic: Invasion  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Re: Invasion
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2024, 08:59:55 PM »
So you're admitting that the border is not being enforced under Biden?

I have no idea what you are trying to get me to say. You want the President to universally put a national policy into effect when no legislation exists permitting him to do so? That sounds a lot like a dictatorship and I will never support that - even on day 1.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2024, 09:04:12 PM »
Extremely right wing is the only way that matters to them and everyone that lives differently is an enemy and needs to be eliminated.
Is basically what I gather from their cult.

Both sides think that of each other.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2024, 09:22:25 PM »
I have no idea what you are trying to get me to say. You want the President to universally put a national policy into effect when no legislation exists permitting him to do so? That sounds a lot like a dictatorship and I will never support that - even on day 1.

Article 4 Section 4
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion, and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened), against domestic violence."

Article II, Section 3,
... he (the president) shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2024, 09:30:45 PM »
There was an immigration bill on the house floor roughly 10 days ago - it failed. . . .

The US (as do most countries) already has the power, ability, right, and laws to control its own borders.  It isn't enforcing those laws or using that power, ability, or right.  Also, it has put in place incentives that encourage people to illegally cross the border.

Which results in this:

So, the immigration bill you talk about first isn't necessary to enforce the border.  But also it had LOTS of OTHER stuff in it.  That's what happens with bills.  It might have something good in it -- plus 10 lbs of poison.  You vote against it.  Partisans and the naive then point tremulous fingers at you:  "You voted against the good thing!!!!!!"

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2024, 09:55:45 PM »
Article 4 Section 4
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion, and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened), against domestic violence."

Article II, Section 3,
... he (the president) shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,

Invasion? Really? I might agree if you concede to an insurrection.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2024, 10:02:27 PM »
The US (as do most countries) already has the power, ability, right, and laws to control its own borders.  It isn't enforcing those laws or using that power, ability, or right.  Also, it has put in place incentives that encourage people to illegally cross the border.

Which results in this:

(Image removed from quote.)

So, the immigration bill you talk about first isn't necessary to enforce the border.  But also it had LOTS of OTHER stuff in it.  That's what happens with bills.  It might have something good in it -- plus 10 lbs of poison.  You vote against it.  Partisans and the naive then point tremulous fingers at you:  "You voted against the good thing!!!!!!"

I will never suggest that the southern border is not a MAJOR problem and it needs an effective solution. I am just tired of it being a political football for candidates to yell about. The solution is an easy fix for Congress (if they get off the pot and ack like adults). The debates between the boss candidates needs to be about the future and not about one solvable issue.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2024, 10:03:31 PM »

LOL.  So upholding existing law equates to a dictatorship.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2024, 10:06:35 PM »
Invasion? Really? I might agree if you concede to an insurrection.

All 100 of them.  Dude you're reaching and deflecting at this point.  Just tap out.   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:11:39 PM by RUSH1 »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2024, 10:07:47 PM »
I will never suggest that the southern border is not a MAJOR problem and it needs an effective solution. I am just tired of it being a political football for candidates to yell about. The solution is an easy fix for Congress (if they get off the pot and ack like adults). The debates between the boss candidates needs to be about the future and not about one solvable issue.
Unfortunately, Congress and politicians are no longer about solving issues. At the end of the day it's something each person/party can campaign on. So kick the can until the next election cycle, run on it, then continue to do nothing about it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2024, 10:10:37 PM »

Or stop blaming Congress, grow a pair, and admit that your side facilitated this mess. 

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2024, 10:15:25 PM »
Unfortunately, Congress and politicians are no longer about solving issues. At the end of the day it's something each person/party can campaign on. So kick the can until the next election cycle, run on it, then continue to do nothing about it.

So the Republicans haven't made this a front and center issue for the last 8 years?  I'm not sure how you're drawing a comparison between the two parties on this issue.   

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2024, 10:19:26 PM »
So the Republicans haven't made this a front and center issue for the last 8 years?  I'm not sure how you're drawing a comparison between the two parties on this issue.   
Why didn't the Republicans get things done when they had the President, Senate, and House for 2 years?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2024, 10:32:54 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:35:19 PM by RUSH1 »

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2024, 10:41:12 PM »
LOL.  So upholding existing law equates to a dictatorship.

Getting very tired of this debate but for the sake of trying to maintain some level of civility, why don't you quote to me the federal statute that allows any person, organization, committee etc. to close the border. Would that be all borders?? Or just the border with Mexico? How about vacationers flying in from Mexico? No international flights land? No passenger ships? No freighters?

No matter what is claimed, POTUS does not make law (yet- God help us if the people ever decide he can).

But I'm tired and going to bed. Goodnight.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2024, 10:44:38 PM »
Why didn't the Republicans get things done when they had the President, Senate, and House for 2 years?

Like what?  Trump being elected by running on the border?
Starting the wall under constant democrat obstruction?  Keeping the crossings numbers at a fraction of what they've been since the democrats took over the WH?  As I stated, there's no comparison between the two parties on this issue.