Author Topic: Disgusting, insulting comments in the game  (Read 1299 times)

Offline PopJanko

• Zinc Member
Disgusting, insulting comments in the game
« on: April 03, 2024, 10:23:31 PM »
Tonight, I was witnessed to some exchanges of communication that have lead me to end my participation in what I think is the best air combat game ever.

Insults left and right, starting with gldnbb, then we had insults about beliefs and religions.

I no longer will participate in this game.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Disgusting, insulting comments in the game
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 10:27:32 PM »
You know you can report, squelch, and detune 200 (if it took place there).
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 10:37:54 PM »
Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. Instead of free to play and stuff like that to get more numbers maybe HT just needs to make the game a safe space free from insults and trash talking? I'm not sure a online game exists that offers such things but we may be able to find a unicorn! :)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 10:52:26 PM »
Everyone cheats, nobody helps.

Duh!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 11:26:20 PM »
WHO CARES.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Online GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 02:42:06 AM »
Just detune 200 as in country channels it's pretty little. Even seen it also, what is shameful.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 08:32:11 AM »
Tonight, I was witnessed to some exchanges of communication that have lead me to end my participation in what I think is the best air combat game ever.

Insults left and right, starting with gldnbb, then we had insults about beliefs and religions.

Dont quit because of a few idiots.

.report "name" with report the offence to HTC
.squelch "name" will remove that player from communications, both text and voice

You can also detune 200. I preffer to squelch players because I enjoy the chat on 200 without the politics or ranting.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 09:33:57 AM »

Of couerse it has absolutely nothing to do with the tremendous time investment and skill required to be successful in this game...

Piss off you will not be missed  :ahand
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 09:52:05 AM »
If there isn't a <S>, gf or gs in 200 it's ignored

Seems many here should try it sometime

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 10:16:19 AM »
Dont quit because of a few idiots.

.report "name" with report the offence to HTC
.squelch "name" will remove that player from communications, both text and voice

You can also detune 200. I preffer to squelch players because I enjoy the chat on 200 without the politics or ranting.

This. 

Of course, complaints like from the OP won't have a reason then to post about themselves putting their foot down.  "Respect mah authoritah, and behave how I want you to"!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 10:17:45 AM »
This. 

Of course, complaints like from the OP won't have a reason then to post about themselves putting their foot down.  "Respect mah authoritah, and behave how I want you to"!
+1

Zero tolerance for posts like this

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:19:38 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2024, 11:06:39 AM »
Remember.... words are just words. It's not what they say, it is how you take them. If a person is trying to get under your skin and you let them, they will most likely pile on. If it doesn't bother you, they will go find someone they can tweak.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2024, 11:33:33 AM »

I did that, but now I found missing some great fun comments from friends and adversaries....

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2024, 11:38:10 AM »
I won't say it.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2024, 12:12:50 PM »
I won't say it.  :aok
I will

Dumpsterfire