Author Topic: The integrity of the game and players is lost  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: The integrity of the game and players is lost
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2024, 02:42:34 PM »
I used to film all the time. I don’t even remember how to turn it on anymore. Some of us have lives outside of the game and don’t care to spend the time maintaining a film library and catalogue every encounter to prove we all have our own perspective. Your films show your perspective. It’s your truth but not his/the truth. You post films like it’s always indisputable evidence of everything. It can support your assertions but it’s rarely indisputable proof. Especially when it’s constantly doctored and edited to suit your narrative. Like a magician. Watching something from the audience’s perspective is totally different from seeing it from back stage.

Plus I’m not here trying to defend myself from being permabanned (again) for doing the same type of stuff I was permabanned in the first place for. That’s you.

I get why you record everything but find it ironic that it was recording (and posting) stuff that got you banned to begin with if memory serves. So please keep posting films.

Well said.

Chuikov

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2024, 02:42:57 PM »
Die more plz kthnx
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=409193.0;attach=37409

Balance in all things...

1 Shane in a p51b vs the damned weebz (4, of you? 6? 9?) in whatever this tour so far:  6-6.  Seems like I wreck your crew and it takes your crew to wreck me.

Spin harder. And squeak for me, oh yes, squeeeaaakkkkkk!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2024, 02:44:02 PM »
Balance in all things...

1 Shane in a p51b vs the damned weebz (4, of you? 6? 9?) in whatever this tour so far:  6-6.  Seems like I wreck your crew and it takes your crew to wreck me.

Spin harder. And squeak for me, oh yes, squeeeaaakkkkkk!

Poor Shane wants a do-over after losing 29-6 in the MA and 2-0 in the DA.

lol
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2024, 03:07:51 PM »
And this is officially a dumpster fire! Maybe I should try another Sim...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2024, 03:29:48 PM »
Nah. Just drama. Cracks me up. Tend to fly a brew and put myself in bad position. Have a blast dieing more than living.

Flying knights The Judge killed me literally daily. He was always where the fight was. I like to fight. Switched to bish and looked for him to find the fight. Good times.

Have I told you how big my tar paper roll is ? Let me whip it out and show it to you...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2024, 04:03:10 PM »
And this is officially a dumpster fire! Maybe I should try another Sim...

Ya, you prolly should. I hear AI don’t post much over there. Prolly better off for the easily horrified
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2024, 04:38:01 PM »
Growling Sidewinder (fellow Canadian) knows a lot of catch phrases, and sets up his videos in order to make use of them.  It's a successful business model for Youtube views, not an air combat technical school for online games. 

He's competed in various DCS events under a different name in the past, and in the 1v1 dogfight events, has typically gotten smoked in the very early rounds.  There are LOTS of players in DCS who are far, far better than him.  They don't make 6 figures a year making daily videos though.  IMO his vids are harmless, and a good way to generate interest in the DCS world.  That's how they got me back into it - YT vids.

I've found this to be the case in almost every sim. Vudu15 and Badboy/Gunzo come to mind as the AH versions of GS. The pilots acting as de facto instructors or showcasing technical breakdowns tend to be the worst.

Most of the time, regarding actual skills (not educational topics), this saying exists for a reason: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 06:14:32 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2024, 04:43:30 PM »
Well this is a global war style game, not a server or match play. It's about using strategy and tactics to win a war, not chase individuals around the map because you have something out for them. I'd rather you have to check the stats page after I land kills rather than while I'm in the middle of a sortie. I just find it really crazy that you have to resort to looking at Stat pages to track people. Why can't you just fight like everyone else in the fog of war and use strategy to win instead of watching stats and trying to create outside advantages? To me, going this far isn't what most of the players in the game are trying to achieve. It pretty much ruins the war strategy of the game IMO.

I think this was the original premise for the game, but the game has changed over the years, and now with less care from Hitech its going to go the way the majority of players push it.

Years ago we had squads that worked together and ran multi pronged missions to attach bases/strats. Defense was often co ordinated either by a squad, or a group a players working together to stop/slow the attack. Well dones! where often yelled across the radio when an attack was repelled.

Today the game seems to be more about kills and getting your name in lights. You dont even have to land them any more, just as long as they are scrolling along the text bar that so and so killed so and so for kill number 2,3,4,5. This makes for more guys blasting threw with the late war monsters and running away at the first sign of trouble.

Like I said, the game has changed. Has that made more players leave? Maybe, but maybe its the boredom of that style of play that has made them leave too. We dont know, and Hitechs not talking.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2024, 04:50:48 PM »
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

Nice to know that your dirtbag attitude applies outside the game too.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2024, 05:07:08 PM »
Nice to know that your dirtbag attitude applies outside the game too.

Prove me consistently wrong and you'd have a point. As it stands, you're just reinforcing that the saying exists for a reason (which it does).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2024, 05:16:11 PM »
Prove me consistently wrong and you'd have a point. As it stands, you're just reinforcing that the saying exists for a reason (which it does).

It even exists in the educational world, too  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2024, 05:21:28 PM »

Talk to your boy Vraciu about how much teaching I gave him about making good skins.

You're just adding more proof to the pile of evidence that you're nothing but an arrogant tool.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2024, 05:25:25 PM »
I think this was the original premise for the game, but the game has changed over the years, and now with less care from Hitech its going to go the way the majority of players push it.

Years ago we had squads that worked together and ran multi pronged missions to attach bases/strats. Defense was often co ordinated either by a squad, or a group a players working together to stop/slow the attack. Well dones! where often yelled across the radio when an attack was repelled.

Today the game seems to be more about kills and getting your name in lights. You dont even have to land them any more, just as long as they are scrolling along the text bar that so and so killed so and so for kill number 2,3,4,5. This makes for more guys blasting threw with the late war monsters and running away at the first sign of trouble.

I was never a"name in lights" guy, really. I was happy with, as you said, participating and trying my hand at staging multi-pronged missions at stopping the advance, or advancing our front. The "names in lights" just came with it, and with my poor ACM skills, it was just pure luck that it happened at all.  :D That's okay. Running tedious resup was okay, and it was enough to get a few "wtg"'s from that.

Like I said, the game has changed. Has that made more players leave? Maybe, but maybe its the boredom of that style of play that has made them leave too. We dont know, and Hitechs not talking.

Yep.. after doing the huge main arena 20K, 30 flight buff runs 10-20 years ago.. it's so sad to see what little remains right now. I think one of the only remaining videos that can be found showing the sheer scale of the AH community- members of all kinds who found their particular niche.. is after C.O. Vega of DHBG passed away. I will never forget.

Steely, I'm glad after all these years, it's still up. <S>
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2024, 05:32:15 PM »
Talk to your boy Vraciu about how much teaching I gave him about making good skins.

You're just adding more proof to the pile of evidence that you're nothing but an arrogant tool.

lol

"I taught Vraciu, who's great at skin making." Yeah, maybe you taught him a few technical and execution details. Literally everyone I know comments on Vraciu's skins and how much they like them. Yes, his skins are great.

You just proved my point lmao.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 05:53:42 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2024, 06:36:56 PM »
lol

"I taught Vraciu, who's great at skin making." Yeah, maybe you taught him a few technical and execution details. Literally everyone I know comments on Vraciu's skins and how much they like them. Yes, his skins are great.

You just proved my point lmao.

You never made a point. You only ridiculed players who chose to give of themselves to elevate the results of their fellow players in their endeavours.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com