Author Topic: Dweeb shots???  (Read 839 times)

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Dweeb shots???
« on: April 24, 2024, 03:01:25 PM »
This is not meant to be a flamebait thread, I'm genuinely curious as to what the community thinks. Are any of these shoots or maneuvers really that underhanded? Have I unwittingly wronged a dear friend of mine? Or perhaps someone is projecting their damaged ego onto others after a set of light hearted Match play fights?

Regardless <S> Shane, I still say you're a good competitor and look forward to all our futures fights to come.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:07:40 PM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Dweeb shots???
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 03:10:54 PM »
lol he used the "I can see it's just for ego" line with you. He used the same with me when he lost 2-0 and quit.

None of the shots were cheap, you simply kept your energy state; Shane didn't and suffered for it. Nothing even remotely questionable about those shots.

See here for his same lines and excuses:

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 03:31:57 PM »
This is not meant to be a flamebait thread, I'm genuinely curious as to what the community thinks. Are any of these shoots or maneuvers really that underhanded? Have I unwittingly wronged a dear friend of mine? Or perhaps someone is projecting their damaged ego onto others after a set of light hearted Match play fights?

Regardless <S> Shane, I still say you're a good competitor and look forward to all our futures fights to come.

tl;dnr - fun is rear aspect kills, (out)flying for position, ego is whatever shot gets the win after the merge.

Sigh... bring it here.  (The last was la7 vs p47n, btw) Let me just say I could be pressing a lot harder in the DA than you've seen, and I don't because I'm there for the fun of twisting planes around on the edges of their envelopes - and not taking the front aspect shots that I do pass on, because fun. We did that a few days ago, remember? What was different today vs then? Or our past times in DA?

Let me challenge you to read this entire thread which covers a comparable incident years and years ago (and is exactly why I walked out on having "fun" with skyyr in the DA not too long ago). Read all of it and you'll see the fun vs ego aspects of the DA come into play.  You don't even really need the films to see how it played out.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,254380.0.html   

Once you started "pulling out the stops" and taking shots that are meh from the fun perspective, but get you the win, especially that 51b vs ta152, I decided, ok, I'll play for a win and you got the la7 vs p47n as a lesson on just how I can also play the "ego" card for the win. And I won't be slow doing it, well unless next time you're in an i16 vs my 51b.  :D

I could easily have sat on your i16 head for a win, but chose the fun route twisting and lost. The jug vs pony was meh in the shots being taken. In many of our fights can you see me not shooting at times when you cross under me as I try and roll onto your 6 for the shots I want to take. I could be flying for those crossing shots, but I'm not. Except when I am... la7 vs 47n.

Yes, I can be a fun fight because I tend to mirror my opponents skill levels, but I can also let my ego step up... which is more, well... fun?

You could have asked me directly to explain this.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:33:32 PM »
lol he used the "I can see it's just for ego" line with you. He used the same with me when he lost 2-0 and quit.
None of the shots were cheap, you simply kept your energy state; Shane didn't and suffered for it. Nothing even remotely questionable about those shots.
See here for his same lines and excuses:

Read the entire thread, I dare you.  Did this with one of your FPH's back in the day, Grizz.   Stepsis got the Grizz treatment, dead in 3 turns and comes to forums looking for validation from those uninvolved.

I knew you'd be chiming in and already addressed it in my response above, but reiterating it here.

Fun vs ego.  My legacy > yours.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:38:35 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 03:55:24 PM »

tl;dnr - fun is rear aspect kills, (out)flying for position, ego is whatever shot gets the win after the merge.

Sigh... bring it here.  (The last was la7 vs p47n, btw) Let me just say I could be pressing a lot harder in the DA than you've seen, and I don't because I'm there for the fun of twisting planes around on the edges of their envelopes - and not taking the front aspect shots that I do pass on, because fun. We did that a few days ago, remember? What was different today vs then? Or our past times in DA?

Let me challenge you to read this entire thread which covers a comparable incident years and years ago (and is exactly why I walked out on having "fun" with skyyr in the DA not too long ago). Read all of it and you'll see the fun vs ego aspects of the DA come into play.  You don't even really need the films to see how it played out.

Once you started "pulling out the stops" and taking shots that are meh from the fun perspective, but get you the win, especially that 51b vs ta152, I decided, ok, I'll play for a win and you got the la7 vs p47n as a lesson on just how I can also play the "ego" card for the win. And I won't be slow doing it, well unless next time you're in an i16 vs my 51b.  :D

I could easily have sat on your i16 head for a win, but chose the fun route twisting and lost. The jug vs pony was meh in the shots being taken. In many of our fights can you see me not shooting at times when you cross under me as I try and roll onto your 6 for the shots I want to take. I could be flying for those crossing shots, but I'm not. Except when I am... la7 vs 47n.

Yes, I can be a fun fight because I tend to mirror my opponents skill levels, but I can also let my ego step up... which is more, well... fun?

I'm not reading some thread for 10+ years ago dude. TL;DNR

You walked out of friendly Match play fights after switching to your best plane and taking a face shot to win a single fight lol(Please post so we can compare the fights). Sounds to me like you're the one with the ego. I was not fighting differently than any of our other duels with the exception of it being asymmetrical plane choices. You were being abrasive even before we finished our first fight in the I16-P51B.

Watching Skyyrs video, It seems to me he was being very respectful and accommodating to what you wanted out of the Matchplay session. I think you just get frustrated and don't know how to vent it out properly, like many others in this game.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 04:17:55 PM »

So what you're really saying is: 10 years ago you were whining and struggling against Grizz too, making excuses when you died. No one cares dude.

And Grizz was never a FPH of mine, you numbnuts. I smacked him around constantly during the brief time we overlapped. The only players I've ever mentioned as being noteworthy or being able to hang 1:1 with me coincidentally happen to be the same players who beat the crap out of you.

But like I said, no one cares. Go lose another duel and claim it's because "you meant to."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:19:27 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 04:30:30 PM »
I'm not reading some thread for 10+ years ago dude. TL;DNR

You walked out of friendly Match play fights after switching to your best plane and taking a face shot to win a single fight lol(Please post so we can compare the fights). Sounds to me like you're the one with the ego. I was not fighting differently than any of our other duels with the exception of it being asymmetrical plane choices. You were being abrasive even before we finished our first fight in the I16-P51B.

Watching Skyyrs video, It seems to me he was being very respectful and accommodating to what you wanted out of the Matchplay session. I think you just get frustrated and don't know how to vent it out properly, like many others in this game.

Let me correct you on several aspects.

If you had only read the tl;dnr ego vs fun that should suffice to make my point.  Did you even read that?

You were gladly taking front quarter shots (and stalling HO shots) that in the past we would forego on - something changed on your end.  I'm not there to help you work on your front quarter or HO stall shots.

The i16 all I said was you were lucky, and indeed you were, or are you thinking, nah?

The first jug vs 51 were the front quarter shots and ur seeming refusal to be willing to roll out of the way, expecting me to yield (and in DA I generally do because collisions suck, except when I also shoot while rolling out of the way.) 

The ta152 was, just, well.. lol, really. That gave clarity to where you were at mentally in DA at that moment. 

You're complaining about a mismatch of planes when I'm complaining about a mismatch of motivations. I'm not there for that and gave you the la7 vs 47n as an example of what you're trying to justify here - any shot after the initial merge is valid because win. I had guns on you, you didn't on me; plane choice was irrelevant, I just decided to make it a quick lesson.

I walk out of DA when it becomes about the "win." No big. Take whatever front quarter shots you feel you need to work on... with others. It's certainly anything goes in the MA which has its own fun vs ego dynamics.

That's exactly what Skyyr was about - he asked if anyone wanted to go to the DA not long after he had officially returned. I said sure because I had heard of him and figured if he were back recently, maybe some rust I could help him with - just an expectation of fun wringing planes around.  I got his lame low-e merge and front quarter ego shots right away.  Recognized. Ego, not fun. Left.  And Skyyr keeps bragging on this, lofl. You seem to think his cordiality was in search of fun when it was a guise for his ego. This is entirely what Skyyr is about - *his* ego.  He even brags on kills and claims as "wins" those he goes down himself after he weebly ho/rams me. At least twice, lol. 

And this is the guy you're seeking validation from?   I can see his influence on your "pulling out all the stops" with the ta152, toggling engine (twice wasn't it?) and taking anything for win shots. 

Few days ago vs today - what changed?  Your mindset, so it changed mine.  You even saw TheSig say he tries for rear aspect shots, and generally that's the case between us, or any other fun fights that you know are good but Skyyr will disparage because ego: Bunnies, Shida, Eagler and several others.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 04:33:19 PM »
I can see his influence on your "pulling out all the stops" with the ta152, toggling engine (twice wasn't it?) and taking anything for win shots. 

hitech: Toggling the engine doesn't give an advantage
the community: Toggling the engine doesn't give an advantage
Shane: OMGUTOGGLEDENGINEWTF!!!!!lol.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 04:41:39 PM »
So what you're really saying is: 10 years ago you were whining and struggling against Grizz too, making excuses when you died. No one cares dude.

LOFL weeb, you didn't read the thread.  I popped Grizz so hard when I decided to play his way (all shots valid after the merge) that he came whining to the forums. You can even see Grizz admitting I'm holding shots on him.  He was a boi of your FPHs.  He had real good aim.  But fun vs ego. That's what you're still failing to grasp.

See, the thing is Grizz asked me to go to DA to help him with the 38... So those kills I gave and mentioned repeatedly was me going easy.  Then I stopped and popped him when he got ego-y using that logic of anything after the merge is valid.

Sound familiar?  Stepsis got a taste because I respected them enough to make an effort; you're just upset I recognized your ego quickly and opted out of your little fantasy. 

LOFL, your ego claims as wins when it dies, too, is all anyone needs to understand about you. And why you're so easy to manipulate and so desperate in seeking external validation(s)... from me, apparently,   :headscratch: 

Re the engine toggling vs cutting throttle, all it does is delay starting engine up and reduce some minimal torque compared to chopped throttle.  I find it funny and a desperation move. HT is right, it doesn't give any advantage, just says "look how desperate I am."  Stepsis could have achieved those shots with a chopped throttle as well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:46:30 PM by Shane »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 04:43:58 PM »
blah blah blah

Translation: "I going to claim I could have won, but I didn't want to and CHOSE to lose; but I'm also going to come here and write massive posts defending myself, even though I didn't care about winning. Oh yeah I also have brain damage."

Funny how you use the exact same story every time you, well, lose lol.

No one cares dude.

29-6
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:49:58 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 04:51:10 PM »
Translation: "I could win but I didn't want to and CHOSE to lose, but I'm going to come here and write massive posts defending myself, even though I didn't care about winning. Oh yeah I also have brain damage."
No one cares dude.
29-6

This is what a clueless ego boi looks like as they claim a "win."   :rofl 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 04:54:28 PM by Shane »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 05:32:38 PM »
This is what a clueless ego boi looks like as they claim a "win."   :rofl 

Sounds to me like you don't like the way AH awards kills.

It's pretty easy, actually. If you don't want me to get a kill on you, don't die while my plane is in the air.

Better luck next lifetime.

29 - 6
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2024, 05:58:31 PM »

I must be bored, I've not played AH for some years. But somehow I feel like getting involved. Because I want to ask who the hell would consider the fights in this video a 'duel'?

Pansy E fighting, not even diving nose to nose at merge, working for the first questionable killshot possible. I would bet if we saw the AHF files you had a speed advantage the entire fight from way before your so-called 'merge'.

You just don't seem to understand. The historic greats of Aces High were respected because they would routinely win from disadvantage. Absolutely no one cares if you can win with advantage on the first gun solution presented. Might as well be vulching in the MA.

You think Shane doesn't know how to force those E advantages you refuse to let go of? He doesn't play your game in that video because he has self respect and is looking for some fun flying. But you'll never get it. You're not the first to behave like this and I'm sure you wont be the last.

I just wish you would get a little sportsmanship and some self respect and drop the ego. Because that accusation is dead on. It's all ego based for you. Worse, you seem to actively want to annoy people. With your skills and the obvious excess of time you have to waste you could put a little effort in and really be an ambassador for this game. Yet you choose to constantly try to annoy people.

Have you ever questioned yourself about why that is?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2024, 06:16:28 PM »
I just wish you would get a little sportsmanship and some self respect and drop the ego.

lol

Oh really? I should drop the ego? Let's take a trip down memory lane: you're the one who challenged me, called me out in game, then made a forum post demanding I duel you and claimed I was scared, then actually dueled me, claiming you'd win, only to fall flat on your face. You even tried to lie and claim you were "training" me after it became public you lost to me, despite the fact I told you I wanted nothing to do with you. Then you tried to lie about the loss until I posted the video.

You did duel Kruel and you mildly beat him, so you expected me to lose the same. Your ego emboldened you and you started spamming the forums, claiming I was afraid of you. And I'm the one with the ego? lmao.

Keep in mind I hadn't even been playing a year at that point lol. I neither knew who you were nor gave a toejam about flying against you. You demanded it, repeatedly telling me you were going to put me in my place lol. Welp, 10+ years of flying and you couldn't beat someone who'd been flying for 11 months lol. Let me be perfectly clear: my flying at this point was terrible and I still beat you. I hadn't even become fully familiar with the flight model or half the planes we flew when you lost. Let that sink in.

I'm not the one with the ego, you brought that on yourself.

Oh, and yes - I saw ALL of the "private" forum posts your squad members made, postulating whether or not I was cheating on the merges, trying to figure out how I held so much speed. You yourself even accused me of cheating in our duels, lmao, because you couldn't figure out how I was faster than you on the merge. Nah, you're the ego who got beat so unexpectedly that you accused the other guy of cheating. You then tried to lie and claim you hadn't flown before the duel, but luckily Kruel and I pulled your tour stats and showed you'd been flying for 2 months prior lmao.

Lecture someone who cares. Your opinion on what constitutes skill means nothing to me, for obvious reasons. As you've basically implied, you've not played in years and are irrelevant at this point, clinging to the hope someone respects your past accomplishments (I'm seeing a trend here). We dueled and trust me, there wasn't much to respect after your attempt to publicly beat me; that backfired and backfired spectacularly.

Note the upload date, this has been available for years.

https://youtu.be/YoaCJ_6aL6c

« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 07:02:20 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2024, 09:49:07 PM »
I still don't see what you were complaining about. I told you I switched off the 152's engine to keep from entering the unrecoverable stall, Only difference I can see from our other fights(Sample).
I think you're just being a baby. However I may be wrong which is why I don't mind others weighing in.

Maybe I play too rough with you, Ill be gentle next time kiddo.