Author Topic: Oculus question  (Read 739 times)

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
Re: Oculus question
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2024, 09:04:14 AM »
Thanks FLS, Eagler and Fugitive for the help.
I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I go,

Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2024, 11:49:57 PM »
Well I got another problem, I keep losing my stick and throttle setting in Oculus, the settings are the in monitor mode and I redo them but they won’t stay. I think the files get renamed, but I can’t find what to rename them to.
So I need done more help with this.
Thanks
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2024, 06:25:29 AM »
Well I got another problem, I keep losing my stick and throttle setting in Oculus, the settings are the in monitor mode and I redo them but they won’t stay. I think the files get renamed, but I can’t find what to rename them to.
Thanks
Goat
This was brought up as a bug but happened randomly. Simply making the files read only didn't get it. What I did when it happened to me was, make copies of all my monitor settings and rename them wth the VR header. Put those in a separate folder I can get to quickly when this did happen again. And it did! Again and again. Completely at random. Annoying. Copy and paste the files on that folder to your settings folder and you're back in business. Always great fun as a frame of FSO was starting! AFAIK that bug never got ironed out but I haven't even run the program in over a month.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2024, 07:26:01 AM »
I have never had an issue with my controller unmapping..... <knocks on wood> But I can think of one thing that may look like it.  Do you have the auto switch mode on? If you map your controls in fighter mode and jump to the guns on a bomber the auto switch mode will switch you to bomber settings and if you didnt set them it will seem like the controls lost their mapping. Easiest way to fix this.....as long as you dont use a different mapping when bombing....is to just copy mode 1 to all the other modes, or turn off auto switching.

As for having a back up navigate to the settings folder in the game folder (C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings) and sort by "type".

Make a copy of each .JSM file and save it in another folder that you can just copy and paste back into the settings folder each time you run into an issue.

Another tip, see the two files underlined? One is my joystick mapping for NON VR and the other is the mapping FOR VR. You MUST map the controllers IN VR to have a set, the NON VR setting dont work in VR. The easiest way to do that is to make a copy of the NON VR file and drop it on your desktop. Then right click it and rename the file by adding the VR_ to the front of the name. Save it and drop it back into your settings folder. This will give you the same mappings as the NON VR mapping in VR so you dont have to spend the time remapping everything. All you have to add is the mouse buttons and centering buttons to your VR mapping and you good to go.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 07:30:05 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2024, 10:17:41 AM »
Thanks
Goat

If you don't manually add vr to the file name you have to change the VR setting while in VR. AH3 has separate controller settings for monitor and VR.

Also, try a fan to blow some air on you while you play in VR.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2024, 01:49:53 PM »
I didn’t feel comfortable going through the files and renaming them,
so I decided to uninstall and reload Aces 3.
It seems to be working ok, only tried it for around 5 minutes. Will try using a fan next time.
So now I’ll load voice attack and muddle my
way through it.
Thanks Fugi and FLS for the help.
Goat

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 01:06:20 AM »
The saga continues, I brought my system up tonight and all the Oculus settings were gone.
I copied the non VR files to the VR files and it worked.
I verified I could fly around in VR ok.
I shut my system off, powered back up and the settings were gone,
So somehow when I shut my system down I lose the VR settings.
L

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 12:45:11 PM »
Did you click OK to save the settings?

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 12:56:03 PM »
Did you click OK to save the settings?

This sounds so obvious but I'll be damned if I haven't adjusted my HOTAS setup just perfectly before entering the arena to find none of the axis are set and the damn trigger doesn't work. Go back, redo and specifically remember the "ok" or "apply" button and everything is good.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 01:28:53 PM »
Thanks, I’ll give that a try tonight

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 08:56:12 PM »
I think I got it working now.
I uninstalled and installed both the Oculus and Aces 3 software.
Reconfigured the settings in nonVR then started Oculus.
Went into settings and hit “ok” everything worked fine.
Brought the computer down and powered back up.
Went back into Oculus and the settings were still there!
Thanks everyone for your help.
Goat

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 09:00:35 PM »
Great! Im glad it worked out for ya!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: Today at 05:07:18 AM »
Very cool isn't it?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals