Author Topic: Connection Frame rate ISSUES  (Read 204 times)

Offline OverSire

• Zinc Member
Connection Frame rate ISSUES
« on: June 07, 2024, 01:17:45 PM »
I know I am not the only one
HiTech are you aware of the dropping frame frates high ping and connection issues since the changes you made to your servers last month?

OVERSIRE

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Connection Frame rate ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 04:09:50 PM »
Are you on "Frontier"? It was posted they have issues. My connection is the same as before the changes from New England, 90-110 ms

Dropping frame rates could be an over heating video card, check fans and screens

Connection issues can also be from a router going bad. Routers need to be reset now and then to help keep them running clean., but still they dont last for ever. A few years at best I have found.

The more details you can provide the better the chance of finding a solution.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 02:51:56 AM »
I took a glimpse and the in-game connection graph showed nice straight lines with occasional tiny peaks, better than I remember from my active days. Went back to the Arena choosing screen and noticed that the ping time especially for Melee jumped all over the place. In my location the normal ping has been around 200 forever due to the distance, some improvement having become lately due to optical fibres along the route. Now it bounced between 169 and 247 within a minute or so. The majority of values were in the 180-190 range which I consider good but the constant bouncing is something I didn't expect.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 12:40:56 AM »
It's interesting the micro stutters that are reported by MANY players in game, and I experience them myself.  I Play with a meta Quest 3 VR headset, and since the changes, I've had a problem of the frame rates dropping to 18, and bouncing up to 35 fps, from a usual 72 fps. I know that Meta has released a few updates as has Microsoft, but the ubiquity of the experience is what concerns me.  I've found it happens after i've been on a while, and if I log out of the game and restart it, it will usually fix for a while.  Also the pilot micromesh keeps coming up occasionally without me making changes.  I'll trouble shoot my own rig soon, I have been fairly apathetic of late, but will get to it soon.  I haven't broken out my route tracing software to see if the link is the issue, but that will likely be something I end up doing.  Hopefully Hitech is looking into it, and will let us know what the deal is for the widespread microfreezes. 

Dieter

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2024, 06:30:13 AM »
I saw a micro stutter or two last night and heard others talking about them too

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 08:19:40 AM »
Hello,

I came to the forums looking for "short freezes" but found this thread. For the last few days I have been having them. The screen and sound both freeze for perhaps one second or less at widely varying intervals while playing. I've rebooted both the PC and router a couple times and switched off any background applications I have found to be running. I don't use Frontier for internet but maybe something on their end upstream is choking?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 08:40:02 AM »
Hello,

I came to the forums looking for "short freezes" but found this thread. For the last few days I have been having them. The screen and sound both freeze for perhaps one second or less at widely varying intervals while playing. I've rebooted both the PC and router a couple times and switched off any background applications I have found to be running. I don't use Frontier for internet but maybe something on their end upstream is choking?
Random micro freezes have plagued many players for ages. If memory serves me right neither Skuzzy or HT have been able to duplicate them which leads to think it's at the player's end. However, the freezes happen to all sorts of systems, even the most streamlined ones. Also it happens as well to those with a long ping and those living in the neighbourhood of the servers.

My very wild guess is that some third party is sending a massive burst of data using the same lines and that causes a spike similar to when you start a power tool like a circular saw. Despite the power and fuses being sufficient for the wattage starting such a motor makes your lights flicker for a second. Or, for those who love conspiracy theories, a third party is connecting to the game to listen and read the communication in a game that includes bombs, grenades and other ammunition to find out if we're planning to perform similar actions in real life.

Some 20 years back we Europeans had issues for an hour about at 6 PM UTC because banks used to send their daily data at that time. Not nice for us living at UTC+2 as it was just the time when a working man had done the daily chores, trying to find some good action before going to bed. 
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Leisure

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 09:20:12 AM »

My very wild guess is that some third party is sending a massive burst of data using the same lines and that causes a spike similar to when you start a power tool like a circular saw. Despite the power and fuses being sufficient for the wattage starting such a motor makes your lights flicker for a second. Or, for those who love conspiracy theories, a third party is connecting to the game to listen and read the communication in a game that includes bombs, grenades and other ammunition to find out if we're planning to perform similar actions in real life.

I guess I'll keep checking things on my end to make sure it's not something here as I really can't do much else.
I can't really say micro stutters have affected my flying much as they haven't lengthened or shortened the rapid interval between me in the cockpit trying to stay alive and me in the tower typing .S to the person who just exploded my aircraft.

Thanks

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2024, 10:02:17 AM »
I have a had few quick pauses happen recently but only where there are lots of clouds. Nothing that cussed any issues. Could just be my machine.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2024, 10:34:46 AM »
Random micro freezes have plagued many players for ages. If memory serves me right neither Skuzzy or HT have been able to duplicate them which leads to think it's at the player's end. However, the freezes happen to all sorts of systems, even the most streamlined ones. Also it happens as well to those with a long ping and those living in the neighbourhood of the servers.

Some 20 years back we Europeans had issues for an hour about at 6 PM UTC because banks used to send their daily data at that time. Not nice for us living at UTC+2 as it was just the time when a working man had done the daily chores, trying to find some good action before going to bed.

It's not quite random, seeming to occur in about 10-minute intervals. I think it's a Frontier isp issue.

fwiw, I connect at around 30-40ms on a hard-wired network.  The below screenshots taken as soon as I experienced the microfreeze on 6/7/24.

3:27pm cst

3:37pm cst

3:47pm cst

3:57pm cst

« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 10:36:53 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2024, 12:13:09 PM »
Have any of you guys tried connecting thru a wifi Hotspot or something and see if the problem continues?

I'm not having the issue so I can't test it.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2024, 01:22:51 PM »
It's not quite random, seeming to occur in about 10-minute intervals. I think it's a Frontier isp issue.
By random I meant it may come and go. When it happened to me it seemed to follow some pattern but it didn't happen every time I played.

Looking at PingPlotter, it shows ae102--100.fdr03.kllr.tx.frontiernet.net as the second last hop so apparently they're the isp for Hitech Creations. Level3 in Texas gives me the most packet loss.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2024, 02:24:05 PM »
By random I meant it may come and go. When it happened to me it seemed to follow some pattern but it didn't happen every time I played.

Looking at PingPlotter, it shows ae102--100.fdr03.kllr.tx.frontiernet.net as the second last hop so apparently they're the isp for Hitech Creations. Level3 in Texas gives me the most packet loss.

I'm reaching the same conclusion in regard to the pattern-less pattern. 

Frontier is the isp that HTC recently switched over and when people noticed two issues:  connecting in general, and the microfreezes.  The wifi suggestion relates more to a subset of customers, while the microfreezes are more widely experienced.

That it seemed to be cyclic led me to think something happening at frontier's end, or between them and HTC's servers; it's almost reminiscent of old dial up isp's timers.

Hopefully it will get resolved because it can be quite annoying/disrupting when it happens in a fight.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798