Author Topic: IL2 New Project Reveal  (Read 555 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
IL2 New Project Reveal
« on: June 25, 2024, 06:55:07 AM »
Here we go.  Drum roll, please...

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
Re: IL2 New Project Reveal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 07:30:00 AM »
Every day going to be different sim? Anything but AH right?
Brilliant rebuttal. Will you guys hold hands too?   

Butt sting?
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 07:37:35 AM »

I'm posting about interesting new developments in the Combat Flight Sim market space.  No one is forced to read.

When I see stuff in DCS, I talk about it.  That is what I have the best\recent info on. 

I listen with interest to the guys talking about IL2 because I don't know anything about it and am interested in their insights from personal experience.

Is there some new development in Aces High you would like to talk about?  Go right ahead.  I got my coffee, start when you're ready...
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 07:44:41 AM »
My Dad was in Korea during the war. I was TDY to Kunsan for the first Team Spirit in the mid 70's and spent a year at Osan in the early 90's. I may not play it much but I'll buy IL2 Korea for sure.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 07:51:12 AM »
My Dad was in Korea during the war. I was TDY to Kunsan for the first Team Spirit in the mid 70's and spent a year at Osan in the early 90's. I may not play it much but I'll buy IL2 Korea for sure.

I think it is stupid they use "IL2".  Too limiting.  They didn't use IL-2 in Korea did they? IL2: Pacific?  What if they want to extend to modern?  IL-2: Yom Kippur War?  What does that even mean? Confusing branding.

Compared to something like Combat Pilot.  Easy to have "Combat Pilot: WWI" and "Combat Pilot: Korea"  or "Combat Pilot: Battle of Britain"  The franchise brand is better positioned and not strangely constrained or incongruent.  IMHO.

They should have taken this opportunity to rebrand the franchise to Great Air Battles, IMHO.  Start fresh better positioned to move forward.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:57:38 AM by CptTrips »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2024, 08:03:00 AM »
I'd like to see them do Vietnam but as the real life technology advanced so must the simulation. Much more involved to simulate jets with radar and missile systems than piston planes shooting bullets.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2024, 08:08:00 AM »
I'd like to see them do Vietnam but as the real life technology advanced so must the simulation. Much more involved to simulate jets with radar and missile systems than piston planes shooting bullets.

And in a space with a dominant player who has already "mostly" mastered that. 
Tough place to pick to compete.

Why they would abandon the WWII genre that they had dominance in, boggles my mind. Plenty they could still do there.  They had it cornered.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024, 08:44:07 AM »
And in a space with a dominant player who has already "mostly" mastered that. 
Tough place to pick to compete.

Why they would abandon the WWII genre that they had dominance in, boggles my mind. Plenty they could still do there.  They had it cornered.

I wish them luck, and am certain to try it out, but I can't help but think they sure leave a lot on the table when they exit WWII.   Would've loved to see flyable B-25s and B-26s for their Late War ETO.   And at least AI B-17 and B-24s.   

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2024, 08:45:38 AM »
I wish them luck, and am certain to try it out, but I can't help but think they sure leave a lot on the table when they exit WWII.   Would've loved to see flyable B-25s and B-26s for their Late War ETO.   And at least AI B-17 and B-24s.

DCS needs to teach these guys how to do a release video.  LoL.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2024, 10:38:55 AM »

Butt sting?

No thanks but go ahead, help yourself. Save us from details.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2024, 10:41:55 AM »
So chicken little is still screaming about the sky falling.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2024, 11:56:30 AM »
Every day going to be different sim? Anything but AH right?
Brilliant rebuttal. Will you guys hold hands too?   

Butt sting?

Not his fault that there is ZERO development news one can report on regarding Aces High is it?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2024, 04:47:00 PM »

DCS needs to teach these guys how to do a release video.  LoL.

Don't know if Heatblur, ED, or a collaboration made this video but this is how you do it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2024, 04:54:45 PM »
Don't know if Heatblur, ED, or a collaboration made this video but this is how you do it.

Pretty good, but needed a little Kenny Loggins.   :D

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2024, 08:17:26 PM »
This one sold me on the super carrier module.  I'd never even heard the song "Kickstart My Heart" before, but it fits so well and the transition from "Anchors Aweigh" is so well done.