Author Topic: Other sims  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Other sims
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2024, 11:06:25 AM »
This game needs support, still in development.

https://theponies.org/about/
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2024, 05:21:44 PM »
When you really need to reach out and touch someone.

Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2024, 08:07:47 AM »

Oh.  So I guess when I tried WT one weekend, I didn't try Sim mode.

Has any one here?  Thoughts?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2024, 09:34:14 AM »

Oh.  So I guess when I tried WT one weekend, I didn't try Sim mode.

Has any one here?  Thoughts?

I too, installed this behemoth to give it a go but I couldn't figure out how to get to Sim mode. I ended up in that no realism, 5 minute furball thingie. It reminded me of AW relaxed realism except most were flying in 3rd person. It was terrible so I shut it off and told myself I'd study up on how to jump over all that crap and get to the full realism or Sim mode via YouTube and whatnot but I have yet to do it after 3 months. The working your way up through the plane set grind thing isn't appealing. Graphics were good and didn't tax my rig while the setup interface was very confusing and scattered. It took quite some time to get the joystick up and functional.
I don't want to grind through plane sets and "unlock" features with "credits." Let me buy the plane I want and let me just suck at flying it until I can finally kill something and I'll go from there. I'd rather pay a premium over nickel and dime grinding to the stuff I want.
I'll eventually give it another shot at some point but currently, I'm trying to re-learn AH and dipping a toe in IL-2 when I get time.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2024, 09:53:28 AM »
I too, installed this behemoth to give it a go but I couldn't figure out how to get to Sim mode. I ended up in that no realism, 5 minute furball thingie. It reminded me of AW relaxed realism except most were flying in 3rd person. It was terrible so I shut it off and told myself I'd study up on how to jump over all that crap and get to the full realism or Sim mode via YouTube and whatnot but I have yet to do it after 3 months. The working your way up through the plane set grind thing isn't appealing. Graphics were good and didn't tax my rig while the setup interface was very confusing and scattered. It took quite some time to get the joystick up and functional.
I don't want to grind through plane sets and "unlock" features with "credits." Let me buy the plane I want and let me just suck at flying it until I can finally kill something and I'll go from there. I'd rather pay a premium over nickel and dime grinding to the stuff I want.
I'll eventually give it another shot at some point but currently, I'm trying to re-learn AH and dipping a toe in IL-2 when I get time.

I've been watching YouTube videos and writing down the processes. WW2 planes are actually quite easy. It's takes about 1 minute really once you get it. Engine management aint hard. IMO, more worth it to fly DCS for realism experience than WT. I would use AH to focus on ACM and open combat SA understanding in the planes.. DCS is more of a sim with regards to plane operation management and learning processes of planes and attacks for combat. I haven't played IL2 that much yet but it would seem like a middle ground sorta though I still think it's easier to see planes in AH than both Il2 and WT. Playing DCS for an hour and then switching to AH does sorta feel like going back in time. AH still has great playability though when the time is right and fights are cooking.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 09:59:33 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2024, 10:16:42 AM »
I've been watching YouTube videos and writing down the processes. WW2 planes are actually quite easy. It's takes about 1 minute really once you get it. Engine management aint hard. IMO, more worth it to fly DCS for realism experience than WT. I would use AH to focus on ACM and open combat SA understanding in the planes.. DCS is more of a sim with regards to plane operation management and learning processes of planes and attacks for combat.

Yeah, that's pretty much the roadmap I'm using. I figure ACM are ACM and are the same in any sim but there's no better spot to hone them than AH. SA will get better with time here too.
The plane operation aspects you speak of are actually intriguing to me and are big reasons I purchased IL-2 and DCS. I'll get there.
I'd like to see you produce some vids on your progression through all of that-the live gameplay streams too. They'd be good and helpful for anyone interested in this stuff for sure.

WT is probably too weird for me but I like to keep tabs on all sims.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2024, 10:28:00 AM »
I enjoy IL2-BoS for the multiplayer with my long suffering wingman (Deadstikmac), it's simple and the action is generally easy to find.
I wish for many of AH features but God doesn't give with both hands.
I enjoy the engine management, it's added flavour.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2024, 01:21:43 PM »
Someone mention DCS?

Really big patch yesterday. A new function I can't make work but I did find a pretty easy workaround to set your aircraft AB detent to match your physical throttle.

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2024, 02:14:43 PM »
I enjoy IL2-BoS for the multiplayer with my long suffering wingman (Deadstikmac), it's simple and the action is generally easy to find.

Yup,  I enjoy your vids.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2024, 02:23:26 PM »

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2024, 02:47:56 PM »
Bugger, thanks Trips  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2024, 04:09:38 PM »
^  Which server is this?

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2024, 05:01:51 PM »
Bugger, thanks Trips  :D

ah, there we go.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2024, 05:06:11 PM »
I uploaded a couple of videos to youtube recently and found uploading them from the main youtube page was near instant for the processing which normally takes a while when I upload them from "my videos" page. Don't know if that was just a coincidence but if you upload many try that.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2024, 05:17:26 PM »
Currently my favourite Sim:

(Image removed from quote.)

Egbert Breulich. Painter of kitsch, writer of conspiracy theory pamphlets and 'spicy' novels, unmarried father of three daughters (he only ever sees one of them) from different women and increasingly suffering from anger issues.  :rock

looks pretty gay. lol.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.