Author Topic: Other sims  (Read 5126 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: Other sims
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2024, 10:10:11 AM »
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2024, 11:45:12 AM »
^  Which server is this?

Wings of Liberty
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2024, 12:45:01 PM »
Bro and I having some fun with an "other sim".

Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2024, 12:25:49 AM »
tried VR for the first time last week and was left speechless at the Spitfire cockpit in DCS.    :ahand

will have to give AH a bash too when time allows. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2024, 03:07:10 AM »
tried VR for the first time last week and was left speechless at the Spitfire cockpit in DCS.    :ahand

It is quite nicely done.  The benefit of being the CEO's favorite because he owns one. ;)

I hear the Mossie at night can be mesmerizing. 

I like the BF-109 K4.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2024, 05:51:47 AM »

will have to give AH a bash too when time allows.

The graphics are mind blowing in dcs

VR in AH is a blast too..better as you can still use your stick views in vr helping us with stiff older necks..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2024, 07:29:27 AM »
There're apps to give you an offset view on command for VR. Adds an extra 45, 90, or whatever degree offset (configurable) while you press and hold a button. Turn your head to the left looking at the wing, press the button, now you're looking straight back. Release the button, now you're looking at the wing again.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2024, 08:08:57 AM »
There're apps to give you an offset view on command for VR. Adds an extra 45, 90, or whatever degree offset (configurable) while you press and hold a button. Turn your head to the left looking at the wing, press the button, now you're looking straight back. Release the button, now you're looking at the wing again.

I don't use VR but I think this is it.

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/vrnecksafer
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2024, 10:21:52 AM »
I don't use VR but I think this is it.

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/vrnecksafer

There's another by the same guy for OpenXR games called XRNeckSafer. It's more polished than VRNeckSafer working more like TIR does. Thing to remember is--the apps aren't interchangeable. VRNeckSafer ONLY works with SteamVR, XRNeckSafer ONLY works with native OpenXR games (DCS is one of those) or OpenComposite which "tricks" Steam games into using OpenXR although OpenComposite isn't compatible with every game out there. Unfortunately, AH isn't compatible with that. I've used VRNeckSafer with AH but something happened with an update somewhere along the line that messed it up. Haven't messed with AH in a while so havne't figured out what it was.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2024, 12:32:04 PM »
Necksafer isn't required for AH because the hat switches work by default in AH.

Curious what you mean by 'working more like TIR does'? I've never used TIR. Tried to use OpenComposite with IL2 once but it didn't work straight away and I didn't troubleshoot much.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2024, 05:57:38 PM »
TrackIR allows you to add a curve to each of the 6 axes. Looks like XRnecksafer allows the same. An example could be linear motion through every axis up to 90 degrees or specific distance from center. Beyond that you get 2 degrees for 1 in the next 10 degrees, then 4 to 1 for the next 10, etc...

I would think that would be no more disorienting than an immediate switch to a rear view or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 06:00:44 PM by AKIron »

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2024, 04:16:48 PM »

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2024, 04:41:16 PM »
 :rofl

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2024, 05:52:34 PM »
TrackIR allows you to add a curve to each of the 6 axes. Looks like XRnecksafer allows the same. An example could be linear motion through every axis up to 90 degrees or specific distance from center. Beyond that you get 2 degrees for 1 in the next 10 degrees, then 4 to 1 for the next 10, etc...

I would think that would be no more disorienting than an immediate switch to a rear view or whatever.

I used to use VR in AH2 like that.  It worked well and was not disorientating at all. I did pester HT for it in AH3s native VR support but he said no.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2024, 09:42:58 PM »
AcesHigh has a superior way to make films, but I tried a bit for this one

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho