Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8565 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2024, 05:55:50 PM »
I use the squelch feature. 200 can be entertaining at times. No need to cut off everyone.

:salute

If HT implemented permasquelch, that would be a huge improvement. ;)

You don't have to keep reapplying the BBS ignore.  Thank goodness. ;)

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2024, 06:03:15 PM »
Same same. I have F9 mapped to a button my stick but I think I'd be better off being better at controlling my head movements-especially right after tracking a dude and finally getting him lined up. In the 2 million hours I've watched Skyyr's vids, I don't think I've noticed him having to re-center with F9 ever. If he does, he isn't enough off center or kilter for me to notice. I definitely get off center in my head movements while dying....errr.....flying. I utilize a tiny dead zone as well but I'd rather not need it.
I just need more time with it.

The F9 key doesn’t recenter. It basically locks out TrackIr. F12 recenters.

I use Voice Attack. For example I say “Center” (F12 Key),”Target”(F9). At this point I’m using hat switches for my view system. I say “Target” again and I’m back to TrackIr.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 06:13:37 PM by Grind »

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2024, 06:13:38 PM »
The F9 key doesn’t recenter. It basically locks out TrackIr. F12 recenters.

You are correct, my bad. It's F12 mapped to a button I hit with my smallest finger.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2024, 06:20:47 PM »
I believe those are changeable. You can't change and save the built-in default TrackIR profile but you can create a new one, alter it, then make it the default.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2024, 06:37:48 PM »
I set my stuff to whatever the mapped keys are in the game.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2024, 06:53:20 PM »
Are you using the default profile then? Not mapping your own response curves? You oughta try it.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2024, 07:15:35 PM »
Gone for two days and this thing hits 18 pages lmao yall crazy
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2024, 07:19:29 PM »
Gone for two days and this thing hits 18 pages lmao yall crazy

It has covered a rather wide variety of topics, too  :rofl
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2024, 07:26:54 PM »
Are you using the default profile then? Not mapping your own response curves? You oughta try it.

I’m using a custom Aces High profile for TrackIr.  I just use the F9 key to lock my view. I center my view and lock it with the F9 key. Works great for manned guns and vehicles too. This is my work around, I don’t know what I don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.

I just wanted to add that Pops (I think that’s his game name) is the guy that told me about the F9 key.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 07:57:33 PM by Grind »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2024, 08:16:08 PM »
For example, one time, a player had a 80:1 k/d. Clearly they were avoiding combat while trying to pick other players, so it was handy to know what they were in and where they were; both so they could be ID'd and so that any effort would be focused on them and not the other targets in the area.

Yup, you flew within 1k past your squadmate Judge right passed him to jump me at the perfect time when I was down low after engaging a jabo bomber. Could even hear your engine from his plane as you passed him. Oh and Silent who hung around the whole time and didnt help me either....

It's obvious to anyone who isnt a complete idiot. Then you died wasting all of this alt and E to BnZ for me 2 minutes and I still almost killed you but bullets didn't do enough, but you got picked. Mr. SA spectacular here. This was your first month back and that's when I realized you were still the same ole dick.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 08:28:48 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2024, 08:24:35 PM »
Yup, you flew within 1k past your squadmate Judge right passed him to jump me at the perfect time when I was down low after engaging a jabo bomber. Could even hear your engine from his plane as you passed him. Oh and Silent who hung around the whole time and didnt help me either....

It's obvious to anyone who isnt a complete idiot. Then you died wasting all of this alt and E to BnZ for me 2 minutes and I still almost killed you but bullets didn't do enough, but you got picked. Mr. SA spectacular here. This was your first month back and that's when I realized you were still the same ole dick.

(Image removed from quote.)

Wasn't talking about you, lol. Your K/D was like 72:1 or whatever before I got you killed. And you ran to help, as usual.

Trust me when I say it wasn't a lack of SA; it's that I didn't care if I died as long as you did. And that's exactly what happened. Sure I could have lived... and watched you run away safely. Or, I could have committed and killed you. Even though I didn't get the kill on you (I got killed right as my 30mm splash damage hit you), I still achieved my kill. I'll take a death, or even 10 deaths, if it means killing someone who's been artificially inflating their stats by avoiding any real fights.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 08:27:08 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2024, 08:48:05 PM »
Of course! Right back into the 💩!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #267 on: August 11, 2024, 08:54:21 PM »

Any doubts could be resolved in the DA, right?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2024, 10:22:51 PM »
Sounds like you are calling "Player A" a cheater/hacker Animl. There is a process for reporting that. Posting here isn't it. Allow me to refer you to rule #7. And #8.

If rules were being enforced... this thread wouldn't exist.  And not because of the OPs post.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 10:28:03 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2024, 10:23:07 PM »
I’m using a custom Aces High profile for TrackIr.  I just use the F9 key to lock my view. I center my view and lock it with the F9 key. Works great for manned guns and vehicles too. This is my work around, I don’t know what I don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.

I just wanted to add that Pops (I think that’s his game name) is the guy that told me about the F9 key.

Here are the more important axes and the curves I use. Allows me to get a more 1 to 1 in hte center and progressively greater response as I look off center. I can look straight back with by turning my head maybe 50-60 degrees off center. Clikc the + by the profile to create a new one as my arrow points to. You can set it to always be active on startup. The second arrow shows the name of the axis for the curve.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 10:27:37 PM by AKIron »