Author Topic: Lets call it strange observation  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Lets call it strange observation
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2024, 11:49:10 AM »
Is it stated anywhere that higher ENY planes have an affect on score? I've never seen that anywhere.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2024, 11:50:27 AM »
Is it stated anywhere that higher ENY planes have an affect on score? I've never seen that anywhere.

The general rule is, the higher the ENY, the more points for kill you get. It's not stated, but it's known.

I've tested it and found some nuances of it. It's technically correlational from what I've seen (I could be wrong and there could be an underlying modifier as well), but the short rule is: the higher the ENY, the more points you get. Usually it's significantly more.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:11:38 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2024, 11:52:07 AM »

Should we consult the Oracle?

Lusche?

;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2024, 12:05:40 PM »
Score lol

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2024, 12:24:18 PM »

I always enjoy when you post, buddy.  :D :D :D :joystick:
Tours 86 - 296

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2024, 12:31:13 PM »

No. Your plane's ENY (or your countrys current ENY) has no impact on score whatsoever.
The Kill Points are essentially points for physical damage inflicted on the enemy plane, the actuall kill itself is just worth one single point. And you don't even need to kill to get them. Severely damaging a bomber often gets you much more kill points than shooting down a fighter.
Only death modifiers (= how you endd your sortie) apply.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/features/scoring
[/quote

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2024, 12:35:52 PM »

No. Your plane's ENY (or your countrys current ENY) has no impact on score whatsoever.
The Kill Points are essentially points for physical damage inflicted on the enemy plane, the actuall kill itself is just worth one single point. And you don't even need to kill to get them. Severely damaging a bomber often gets you much more kill points than shooting down a fighter.

While that may be the technical answer, there's some nuance to it that does result in higher scoring, according to tests we've done in-game. I'll record some in-game examples and post back here. I'm happy to be proven wrong, we'll see here in a bit.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2024, 12:36:09 PM »

Good to know.

I had always been under the impression you got more score points getting kills with a lesser capable plane based on what I heard in the community.

I never looks as my scores were always too bad to worry about.  :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: August 12, 2024, 12:41:33 PM »
Fly cannon birds and you will score better.

There is a reason the score potatos flew tons of tempests and 262s.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2024, 12:42:09 PM »
No, you claim Skyyr has no skill and can only defeat you with a better plane and alt advantage.

I said you are a good pilot, but the above is a lie.  It is obviously a lie to anyone who have watched the duel videos.  If you are going to stick to that ridiculous position, then it begs proving under controlled conditions in the DA.

If you want to amend your statement to admit he is a skilled and dangerous pilot, but he is abusing the multiple accounts to catch you in the MA at a disadvantage, I won't bother aruging that as it is unprovable.

But for you to claim he has no skill and can only beat you with a plane and alt advantage just makes you look ridiculous.

So beating him already in a 1v1 makes me a liar? Sound logic there... did you even watch that duel or no?

Nah, I'll come out and say what Violator's dodging on purpose, and I'll dig into the game mechanics:

Violator is trying to play a numbers game and players like me prevent that.

Violator has limited playtime, but he still wants to rank #1 (or high enough). So, he tries to maximize that by flying high ENY planes and getting kills as quickly as possible then landing. This creates a high score, high K/T, etc. However, it has one flaw: you can't actually compete in high ENY planes against pilots who know how to fight them _AND_ (key conjunction) still score well for yourself.

See, if you fly low ENY planes, you can perform well; but, your point scoring goes to hell. So you have to fly tens of sorties to achieve your desired rank. This does two things: this averages out your stats and it takes time. If you don't have time to play and you rely on < 20 sorties or so for scoring, then guess what? Low ENY planes don't really work. So you're not going to rank.

Enter high ENY planes.

If you can do the same things in high ENY planes (predominantly mid-war aircraft), you'll rank much more effectively for your time played. And guess what? You can do well in high ENY planes, sure. You can even kill quickly in them. You may even be able to be competitive 1v1 in them. You can also score well in high ENY planes. However, you can't do all of those when there's competition around. Queue the current dilemma that's being disguised as victimhood.

Before the majority of players quit, there were enough "top tier" sticks that you couldn't get away with using most high ENY planes to game the scoring system. The Spit 8/9 and the KI-84 were really the closest compromises. But now, no one's really around to hit the guy who's picking players in a Ki-84 or 109G6. So, many players have started using those for ranking purposes (or so it seems from looking at the stats of rankers with lower play times).

Violator is upset because if he's in a G6 and I'm in a Ta, I'm either winning or he's running to cover/help/etc. He's not mad because it's unfair, he's upset because it skews his attempt to score well. He could grab a K4 or some other late-war plane, sure; however, this interrupts his scoring methodology. And that's what all of this is about.

He's upset because he can't score well with players like myself, Judge, etc. around. That's why he's making such a big deal about switching fronts. He's not complaining because of unfair gameplay, he's complaining precisely because he can't get away with unfair gameplay. He can't fly a midwar plane and pick on noobs when there's players who understand what he's doing and counter it.

And ironically, that's what the scoring system and competition were supposed to be about: fighting. But now, it's turned into some sort of perverse "I'm going to go pick on noobs and then brag I'm #1 with 2 hours played."

That's why he's making such a big deal about spending 25 minutes fighting me out of 6 hours played. It's not because it's unfair, it's because it's preventing him from scoring using loopholes, of sorts.

There, I said the quiet part out loud.

Completely lies and dog$cit. Trying to hide from the garbage you know you are pulling.

I fly a 109G14, K4, G2, Ki84, K4, P47, F4U most of the time, and maybe a spit 8 here and there for fun.. the 76 in the P51 was because Vraciu said I couldn't get #1 in a P51, which I then proved him wrong with a 36 K/D (#1) and 3.32 K/S (#3). The G14 25 ENY plane, and generally doesn't give me a lot of points I need. The G2 is over 30 I think. If I'm attacking, I like to grab a P47, K4, or F4U. If I'm defending I like to grab a ki84, G2, generally. Those are not "high eny planes" I use specific planes for the current situation.  If I'm lucky, a few bombers will show up allowing me to get a high hit% and K/T and additional points. That's called strategy. Secondly, I don't fly to die. That's a waste of my short time. Generally I only die by being caught and ganged most of the time. Which is all your squad can do in your super BnZ mode planes like the Ta152 that use to be perked, and a La7 that should be perked. The La7 is one of the fastest planes in the game on the deck. The Ta152 is one of the fastest planes above 15k, with serious cannons that make for short easy kills when a bullet connects. And looking through your stats, you fly way more sorties in perked planes than I do.

Not once do I need to look at people's stats on the website to track them down. You are "trying to prevent that" by gaming me when I'm low defending fields. On multiple occasions switching to the hoarding team to gang me. So again, you see I'm flying a 109G14 by monitoring my stats, then switch, grab a 152, get to 14k and then come to my base to gang me. I have no way to change planes to counter. I now have to climb as high as I can, and even still you come in higher or at my alt every single time and B-line it right to me every single time right when you enter the fight.

To say I'm using "loopholes" is projection when infact you are the one using loopholes to game an advantage to "keep me from getting kills and defending a field so I don't score good".

Oh, and the way I play is far more riskier for score, since one death really hurts my Points, K/D, and K/S, where as you can fly 500 sorties and not worry about dying so much as your points offset your poor K/D and poor K/S.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:49:06 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #310 on: August 12, 2024, 12:48:10 PM »
Oh, and the way I play is far more riskier for score, since one death really hurts my Points, K/D, and K/S, where as you can fly 500 sorties and not worry about dying so much as your points offset your poor K/D and poor K/S.

You really don't understand statistics, do you? lol

So again, you see I'm flying a 109G14 by monitoring my stats, then switch, grab a 152, get to 14k and then come to my base to gang me.

I'm almost ALWAYS in a 152, regardless of what someone flies. The fact you typed this sentence alone shows your arguments are nothing more than emotion. lol

This is almost as bad as the time you accused me of colluding with TA57x to fly the same planes and hunt you down.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #311 on: August 12, 2024, 12:51:02 PM »
You really don't understand statistics, do you? lol

I'm almost ALWAYS in a 152, regardless of what someone flies. The fact you typed this sentence alone shows your arguments are nothing more than emotion. lol

This is almost as bad as the time you accused me of colluding with TA57x to fly the same planes and hunt you down.

Yeah well two 152 entered the fight and both jumped me, before i knew it was TA57. Looked like a set up to me in the moment.  TA, who ironically grabbed a 152 TO FIGHT YOU  :rofl as you were just fighting that side. 

Shoot, too bad I don't have all day to make a video of every example over the last 6 months. I probably have 8 -10 examples.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 12:52:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: August 12, 2024, 01:00:09 PM »
Maybe he will post the video from last night when I logged on as Knight and spawned right in front of his Knight sky login only to see him bail immediately and switch to bish sky login and proceed to hunt me down...

I think he likes my after shave or something...never had a pal like this in my 24 years here..strange dude for sure

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #313 on: August 12, 2024, 01:08:29 PM »
There are players I like killing because of interactions I've had with them before, and I know the response I'll get on 200 after they die.  Never had a need to hunt them down.  Every pilot has their own tendencies that are easy to pick up on, down to the skins they fly.   :banana:
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2024, 01:17:30 PM »
Maybe he will post the video from last night when I logged on as Knight and spawned right in front of his Knight sky login only to see him bail immediately and switch to bish sky login and proceed to hunt me down...

I think he likes my after shave or something...never had a pal like this in my 24 years here..strange dude for sure

Eagler

Our squad logged on and switched to Bish, so I switched. I knew you'd claim something ridiculous regarding this, so I took a screenshot preemptively as proof. Your silly paranoid chat is even in the buffer.

Please note the player roster.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=409241.0;attach=37640

« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 01:19:27 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

A few moments later...