Author Topic: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: I called someone an idiot and was told by a mod to "calm down."
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2024, 10:57:18 PM »
I agree. So what does one do? I’ve been back in the game several months now and rarely get a clean merge. The times I try to avoid the HO I get shot in the face. Good fights are rare (just like I remember). It seems to me HOing and picking is still the name of the game.

Once upon a time it was usually used by point mongers and people as bad as me.
Today, even those who claim to be the best will resort to cheap tactics of the unskilled, many times as first resort,.....the point monger.
Problem is, since I've been back it's become an epidemic. A few started HOing everyone so everyone else started using it in retaliation.

Now its to the point that if you don't nose in and fire, they will. Many are avoidable, to a degree. Today the first merge is always HO

One would think a good pilot with a lot of kills wouldn't need or use it, yet they capitalize on HO, bouncing and picking. That is NOT a great pilot, it's a dweeb.

Those skilled pilots who fight with honor and respect are diminishing.

When one pilot who plays with such disregard for anything but himself becomes the face of AH,... it's time to gut down vomit.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2024, 11:02:09 PM »
If a no Head On and/or no Front quarter shot fight is something one seeks it seems silly to me to expect it in a WW2 Air-combat sandbox.The DA would be a perfect place to find a like minded opponent and agree on a predetermined set of rules in which to compete within.

If I signed up for a Mixed Martial Arts fight I wouldn’t cry fowl because my opponent kicked me in the head, where as I only wanted to box. I would certainly be silly to claim it makes them less capable of a fighter.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2024, 11:14:03 PM »
If a no Head On and/or no Front quarter shot fight is something one seeks it seems silly to me to expect it in a WW2 Air-combat sandbox.The DA would be a perfect place to find a like minded opponent and agree on a predetermined set of rules in which to compete within.

If I signed up for a Mixed Martial Arts fight I wouldn’t cry fowl because my opponent kicked me in the head, where as I only wanted to box. I would certainly be silly to claim it makes them less capable of a fighter.

I understand where you’re coming from, you’re not wrong

However, some of us were conditioned long ago that its a cheap way out. Superior lameness. Baby seals.

The diffetence in what you say and what we believe… we fly 10-20 min to find a fight, just for that time to be wasted with a face shot and zero acm fight.

Some of us don’t have a lot of time to fly. Several times the only 3 sorties I could fit in were HOed with zero fight. Its understandable why some pull the plug.

We’re better off without the HO epidemic than with it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 11:16:43 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2024, 12:09:32 AM »
That is NOT a great pilot, it's a dweeb.

Dick Bong was a dweeb.   :eek:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2024, 02:48:58 AM »
Summary;

"I can't avoid the easiest shot in the game to avoid and I can't avoid the absolute hardest shot for my opponent to make. So, naturally, I'm going to blame my opponent for sucking when they shoot me.

My opponent also generally flies the worst-turning aircraft in the game while I generally fly ones that turn better than him, so of course I'm going to blame him for not out-turning me, even though they routinely outturn me using one-circle fights that I initiate. You know, because I suck at one-circle fights (that's why I use them hahaha).

My opponent's K/D is > 8.0 with almost 500 kills, but that's only because they HO. That 50/50 chance of success works out for them > 89% of the time (as I assume they must be HOing 100% of the time), because they suck and that's how statistics work. Also I'm too dumb to realize the chance of someone winning a 50/50 gamble 89% of the time is < 0.4%.

Also, my K/D is less than 0.18, because my opponent sucks and is a noob."

That's the gist of it amirite?!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 03:19:32 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2024, 03:34:12 AM »
I’m not even going to read that backwards BS from an idiot. Why dweebs are on ignore
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 03:36:27 AM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2024, 03:41:20 AM »
Dick Bong was a dweeb.   :eek:

Matches the personality prerfectly

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2024, 04:50:01 AM »
hard to take a drunk tard seriously.

Exactly, now crawl back into your vodka bottle.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2024, 04:52:21 AM »
Matches the personality prerfectly
You’d have to literate first.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2024, 05:16:25 AM »
No, right!

- oldman

Wrong.

Unless both have a gun solution, it isnt a head on.  I return you now to your dweebery.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2024, 05:25:19 AM »
I still don’t understand how adding the arbitrary rule of “No HO” makes someone more inclined to enjoy/appreciate a fight.

MNM shows what no ho looks like...

If one is outnumbered in ma anything goes imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2024, 06:20:43 AM »
Even if the subject was how to make noodle soup, there will be someone posting a video or two, how he was better than someone else.    :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2024, 07:33:26 AM »

If your looking for Mixed Martial Arts fighting then you have to be prepared as a kick to the head is a valid tactic.

Playing a video game, anything goes, but as a player who looks for fights I fly a bit more on the "realistic" side. Sure they HOed in real life, but Im sure it was far fewer times than you see in the game. Why would a person gamble his life on a position where the enemy could kill him in anything other than desperation? In the old days thats the way we played it, we were all pretending to be WWII fighter pilots. Score and racking up kills wasn't important. Winning the fight was.

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2024, 07:37:19 AM »
If your looking for Mixed Martial Arts fighting then you have to be prepared as a kick to the head is a valid tactic.

Playing a video game, anything goes, but as a player who looks for fights I fly a bit more on the "realistic" side. Sure they HOed in real life, but Im sure it was far fewer times than you see in the game. Why would a person gamble his life on a position where the enemy could kill him in anything other than desperation? In the old days thats the way we played it, we were all pretending to be WWII fighter pilots. Score and racking up kills wasn't important. Winning the fight was.

If you make the other guy go boom... you've won the fight.  If you want marquis of queensberry rules, the DA is second door on the left.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2024, 07:53:05 AM »
Mi think some were comparing him to this because he goes iff on similar rants. I think it chilled right before you came online.

In normal agreeing with Fugi,…I try to shy away on these issues without witnessing it myself or looking at logs, which I can’t do. There is almost always more to a story.

A lot of flaming goin around house due to our buddy, might have been collateral damge to get things chilled out.
I get your point. It seemed odd, that Skkyr was even brought up in this thread.   Yes Sir...."A lot of flaming goin on around house"!   Why though? That is what I don't understand :bhead    This is a game!  I get it, this "game" seems to form Family type bonds. Heck, I spend more time with you fellers, than I do with actual Blood relatives.  :old:  I mean, how can you and I swap paint...we have collided, HO'd each other, ran(extended lol)from each other, even dove to ack because of each other...yet never a cross word nor accusation between us? Same for all guys I mentioned.   Maybe it is because I am newer to game? Maybe because I don't talk on 200?  I honestly dont understand.   I have asked Skyyr on many occasions, "how did you do, what you did."?   Without fail...he informed me.  Yes...guy has an ego. We all do! Animal, I even film our run ins....and learn from them.   You dont even claim to be 1/2 decent player  :aok   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain