Author Topic: Memorial Flight for TC  (Read 1439 times)

Offline DaughterOfTC

• Zinc Member
Re: Memorial Flight for TC
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2024, 09:57:25 AM »
My sister and I plan to attend this, and it is very important for us. Thank you all.

We appreciate the outpouring of love, we know how much ya'll meant to him, and how much he meant to ya'll.
We appreciate so much this memorial flight that is being planned.

My sister and I grew up hearing about several of you here. We grew up watching him play every so often.
I mentioned in the other post about his passing, how I always was a bit interested in wanting to play.

If at all possible if it is okay, I have Discord and would like to be invited to the server.
I completely understand if that can't happen. I will have no ill feelings if that is the case. <3

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2024, 12:10:28 PM »
I Just posted this to our Boards/Discord and sent it out to our mailing list.

Quote from: Mayhem
Heads up guys a bunch of Johnny "Tequila Chaser" (TC) Spencer's AH buddies would like to have a memorial flight (probably Sunday Sept 8th 4pmish?) in one of the Aces High III Free Arena's. You will have to sign up for an account but you do not have to buy a subscription to the best of my knowledge.

Aces High has been not only a large part of TC's Life but the Damned have been active in Aces high longer than any other game to date (25 years since beta).

Currently I do believe TC has been the longest running CO of the Damned in any game ever to date (14 years to the best of my knowledge).

I plan on attending. I also plan one flying the F4U-1 birdcage as that was TC's Favorite ride.

We can discus it tonight at your regular squad night/meeting 7pm ET.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 12:22:52 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2024, 12:33:08 PM »
I Just posted this to our Boards/Discord and sent it out to our mailing list.
<3 +1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2024, 05:15:03 PM »
 :saluteTC
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2024, 07:13:35 PM »
Please pass it along that one of the SEAs can be made available if you would like.  :salute

I would offer to host it in a SEA on the KOTH terrain but with it not being a free arena that excludes many people who want to attend. I’ve explained to Lindsay and Mayhem a bit more why I couldn't host it and hope they understand.

That would be a perfect last event to have on that terrain and then retire it!  Have a one round event in that birdcage Corsair.  I’d recon it would be the most people ever at one time on that terrain!  My mind has drifted, apologies. No time for something like that in the near future.
I’ll do my best to attend the Memorial Flight and honor him and his legacy.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2024, 07:30:02 AM »
To download the game there should be a link on the homepage.

Do we have a Trainer that’s willing to set up the TA and run this?  From my Trainer experience we never adjusted arena setting much if at all so that could be an issue. 
Custom arenas are out due to limited arena population, correct?  I assume this will be well intended.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 07:35:28 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2024, 08:29:47 AM »
If you want to run it in the TA I would be glad to act as bouncer. We've held memorial flights in there in the past. I don't think there are any arena settings that would need to be changed for a memorial flight.

Tomorrow, Sunday September 8 at 1600 edt, as was previously suggested works for me.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2024, 08:38:15 AM »
If you want to run it in the TA I would be glad to act as bouncer. We've held memorial flights in there in the past. I don't think there are any arena settings that would need to be changed for a memorial flight.

Tomorrow, Sunday September 8 at 1600 edt, as was previously suggested works for me.

Sik

A good first step. <S> Sik

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2024, 10:15:21 AM »
Where we at on this? We still on for tomorrow at 4pm? Just wondering if thats too soon for everyone. Also, has the squad taken the lead on the memorial ceremony?
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2024, 11:13:17 AM »
Where we at on this? We still on for tomorrow at 4pm? Just wondering if thats too soon for everyone. Also, has the squad taken the lead on the memorial ceremony?

Well Sik has offered to host and that time fits his schedule.  Lindsay downloaded the game and is working that aspect.  Not many original, authentic Damned in AH so they can only do stuff where they have a presence.
They have to let us know if they were able to sign up and get into the Training arena.  Lindsay was wondering if it would be streamed or recorded and presented to the public later.  I know a few of you, Luft and yourself have said they might record it, if I’m not mistaken.  By no means am I recruiting you two to do anything, its just my recollections.
Communication is another thing. Discord, AH vox, etc.  Which to use or a combination….

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2024, 12:18:03 PM »
Well Sik has offered to host and that time fits his schedule.  Lindsay downloaded the game and is working that aspect.  Not many original, authentic Damned in AH so they can only do stuff where they have a presence.
They have to let us know if they were able to sign up and get into the Training arena.  Lindsay was wondering if it would be streamed or recorded and presented to the public later.  I know a few of you, Luft and yourself have said they might record it, if I’m not mistaken.  By no means am I recruiting you two to do anything, its just my recollections.
Communication is another thing. Discord, AH vox, etc.  Which to use or a combination….

As far as I know, it's a go for tomorrow at 16:00 Eastern in the free arena Sik can provide. Folks who no longer have accounts can then gain access to the arena. Unfortunately, I'm on a fishing trip in Montana and trying to keep tabs on all of this via phone and iPad.....sketchy at best. I'm hoping Mayhem can chime in here to fill in the details. I'll leave here super early in the AM in order to try to make it home to SW Washington in time for the flight.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2024, 01:51:04 PM »
As far as I know, it's a go for tomorrow at 16:00 Eastern in the free arena Sik can provide. Folks who no longer have accounts can then gain access to the arena. Unfortunately, I'm on a fishing trip in Montana and trying to keep tabs on all of this via phone and iPad.....sketchy at best. I'm hoping Mayhem can chime in here to fill in the details. I'll leave here super early in the AM in order to try to make it home to SW Washington in time for the flight.
Hi xanax, I just got done speaking to TCs daughter on FB. If the squad has something planned for tomorrow get r done.

If yall are still trying to figure things out, might I suggest planning this for next Sunday around the same time. That will give plenty of time to plan and promote the event on social media. Lindsey said she would be able to attend if it is next weekend.

Ultimately its not my show im just offering to help where i can.

If i dont hear anything this afternoon ill start pming a few of you and see what we can come up with.
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2024, 02:06:15 PM »
Right now we are looking at Sunday 9/8 16:00(4p) PDT 19:00(7p) EDT or Sunday 9/15 16:00(4p) PDT 19:00(7p) EDT In an Aces High Training Arena.

It would have to be in the training or other free Arena.

I would suggest everyone meet in the Training arena about 15-20 minutes early especially Damned members So every one knows where to go. Hopefully we can it added to a few of the Arena's "Message of the Day"

The plane of choice should be F4U-1 Birdcage corsair as the F4U Corsair is TC's Favorite, and he spent the most time in the F4u-1 Birdcage Corsair.

I'm sending this out to all our social media mail list and boards.

I'm sending/reposing this now to give everyone a heads up.

I will send another notice out as soon as we nail down the specifics.

Xanax is the current AH Damned CO all decisions concerning the Damned in Aces High Should go through him. (Sorry Buddy)

A few CMs have expressed interest in taking the lead and other have showed interest in helping like mErv.

For the record I have never had to help organized a memorial flight and I have not attended one in over a decade so I have no experience with this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 04:49:10 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2024, 02:13:22 PM »
I’ve been trying to chime in when I get a break here and help pre-event as much as possible but ‘taking the lead’ I don't feel I could as privately explained.
I should be , will be, taking a break from my crap to fly and honor this legend in his memorial.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2024, 02:32:46 PM »
If next Sunday, September 15, works better for people I can do that as well. Just let me know.

I think the only members from TC's squad still actually flying AH is xanax, and he just recently returned iirc. I know Mayhem has been around, but I don't think he currently has an account.
TC was also a trainer which is also a squad within AH, although not a lot of us trainers around either. I don't mind helping out with what ever I can.

I would suggest Birdcage Corsairs (F4U-1 for those that don't know). Meet at A1, launch, form up over the pond, fly a left hand pattern around the field a couple of times, go back out over the pond, have a giant furball (it's the TA so you can't get shot down), land back at A1 and line up for the pictures. Just so everyone is aware you can see damage on the planes in the TA so if you don't want your picture taken with a bloody nose and a black eye you might want to grab a fresh bird after the furball. That's my suggestion. I think TC would have enjoyed it.

If any of The Damned want to take the lead on this I have no problem with it.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17