Author Topic: Memorial Flight for TC  (Read 1436 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Memorial Flight for TC
« on: September 05, 2024, 12:10:50 PM »
I spoke to TC's daughter yesterday about if she would like to attend the memorial flight. I do not know what the damned intentions are if any for a memorial in-game. TC touched many of us over the years imparting his ACM expertise as well as his wisdom and love for the game.

I started this thread to find out if something is going to be planned. If the squad isnt doing one, we as a community should come together and put on a wonderful final send off.  :salute
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
Re: Memorial Flight for TC
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 12:54:17 PM »
I'm in for a memorial fligth for TC   :salute

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 12:56:17 PM »
I'm in for a memorial fligth for TC   :salute
Awesome

His daughter mentioned weekends would work best for attendance. I dont see why a late afternoon/early evening start time on a Sunday wouldnt work? That time period generally has the most players online for the week.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 03:34:09 PM »
mErv we really appreciate this buddy.

Most of the Damned is currently in shock and still reeling from the news. This is just barely a day old and some of us just talked to TC less than a week ago.

Xanax is currently in charge of and the CO of the Damned in Aces High, I would shoot him a PM as well to let him know what you want to do.

You also have some inactive Damned in Aces High like Drano and Max, but I think these guys are on the Damned mailing list, the Damned FB group, and/or the Damned Discord.

There have been over 150 Damned Members over the last 36 years so news is getting around but slowly. We have our squad night on discord Friday at 7pm ET/4PM PT. Your welcome to join us to talk about it - I will send you an invite on PM if your interested.

The rest of the active Damned are no longer AH subscribers, So not sure how we would work around this.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2024, 05:24:17 PM »
mErv we really appreciate this buddy.

Most of the Damned is currently in shock and still reeling from the news. This is just barely a day old and some of us just talked to TC less than a week ago.

Xanax is currently in charge of and the CO of the Damned in Aces High, I would shoot him a PM as well to let him know what you want to do.

You also have some inactive Damned in Aces High like Drano and Max, but I think these guys are on the Damned mailing list, the Damned FB group, and/or the Damned Discord.

There have been over 150 Damned Members over the last 36 years so news is getting around but slowly. We have our squad night on discord Friday at 7pm ET/4PM PT. Your welcome to join us to talk about it - I will send you an invite on PM if your interested.

The rest of the active Damned are no longer AH subscribers, So not sure how we would work around this.

Please pass it along that one of the SEAs can be made available if you would like.  :salute
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Luft

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fw190.org (soon to be resurrected w/ new domain)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2024, 06:33:52 PM »

"The rest of the active Damned are no longer AH subscribers, So not sure how we would work around this."

Since this will likely be held in the training arena, as was the case when DR7 passed, anyone can create a free account and get into the training arena.
By using the training arena it also allows for the smoke to be turned on during the flyby. The best part is all the Damned can get a free account and use any arena that does not have a $ sign in front of the name (Like $Melee).

Luft
Luft

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2024, 06:42:35 PM »

"The rest of the active Damned are no longer AH subscribers, So not sure how we would work around this."

Since this will likely be held in the training arena, as was the case when DR7 passed, anyone can create a free account and get into the training arena.
By using the training arena it also allows for the smoke to be turned on during the flyby. The best part is all the Damned can get a free account and use any arena that does not have a $ sign in front of the name (Like $Melee).

Luft

Thanks you very much Luft I appreciate the response and I'll pass this on to the guys when I get home from work tonight. I'll also bring up for discussion at our squad meeting tomorrow night.

For the record I haven't played AH as a free player since Beta so I wasn't aware of that some of the other Arena's went Free 2 play, so I'm very happy we can pull this off.

Also Thank You to Spikes (please never ever change your avatar)

:salute
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2024, 09:12:55 PM »
this would be one hell of a hard plane to pick for TC's Memorial because he was Great at all of them and Taught all of us how to become better or learn that plane Better. I forget what his Favorite was but then Again that is Up for the Damned to Pick and Sorry for your Loss guys , I am still letting it try and sink in because I just spoke to TC maybe 3 weeks tops ago letting him know I was coming back and he was happy plus I think he was sanding another guitar while we talked on the Phone. Dam 3 Weeks almost 4 back and I am already planning to attend another memorial flight way to soon.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 09:19:50 PM by Molsman »
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2024, 09:21:29 PM »
this would be one hell of a hard plane to pick for TC's Memorial because he was Great at all of them and Taught all of us how to become better or learn that plane Better. I forget what his Favorite was but then Again that is Up for the Damned to Pick and Sorry for your Loss guys , I am still letting it try and sink in because I just spoke to TC maybe 3 weeks tops ago letting him know I was coming back and he was happy plus I think he was sanding another guitar while we talked on the Phone. Dam 3 Weeks almost 4 back and I am already planning to attend another memorial flight way to soon.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I think it's obvious. Birdcage Corsair

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2024, 10:09:37 PM »

I agree dam plane he used all the time in Koth when he had the chance Plus he was a Navy Man
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline Luft

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fw190.org (soon to be resurrected w/ new domain)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2024, 11:20:39 PM »
Thanks you very much Luft I appreciate the response and I'll pass this on to the guys when I get home from work tonight. I'll also bring up for discussion at our squad meeting tomorrow night.

For the record I haven't played AH as a free player since Beta so I wasn't aware of that some of the other Arena's went Free 2 play, so I'm very happy we can pull this off.

Thank you!
If we do use the training arena I hope to be able to make another film. YouTube made me remove the music that was embedded in the DR7 vid I made but I still have the non-music version up. The DR7 Memorial Flyby was setup beautifully, whoever arranged it. Just lining up the tanks on the runway must have taken 20 minutes. Making a TC on the runway with tanks and having a similar ceremony might be a good idea. Link is below.
Luft
https://youtu.be/B-S4SbL2Qis?feature=shared
Luft

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2024, 07:45:34 AM »
My intentions are to simply get this ball rolling at the appropriate time. I am willing to help wherever i can.

There is no rush. I jumped on it coming right off the passing of Jim0045 and his memorial. The loss of TC shocked me too and i just reacted. My way of offering condolences when TC's daughter reached out on the AH FB page.

Historically, the squad of the deceased runs the memorial. My participation on this depends whether you guys get something planned or we as a community do something. Personally, my hope is the squad will do something for TC. Just feels right that way. Either way, a memorial/flight for TC will happen regardles.  :salute
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 07:58:31 AM by mERv »
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2024, 07:49:47 AM »
Weiser held one this week..it was a spectacular event

All for another if one gets organized

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2024, 07:59:26 AM »
Thank you!
If we do use the training arena I hope to be able to make another film. YouTube made me remove the music that was embedded in the DR7 vid I made but I still have the non-music version up. The DR7 Memorial Flyby was setup beautifully, whoever arranged it. Just lining up the tanks on the runway must have taken 20 minutes. Making a TC on the runway with tanks and having a similar ceremony might be a good idea. Link is below.
Luft
https://youtu.be/B-S4SbL2Qis?feature=shared

You can do a search for royalty free music on google, many won’t have vocals. Also, not all bands have restrictions on YT. A good way to test to see if a song does is to DL the song video and try posting it to your YT page. If you don’t get notifications you’re good to use it in a vid.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2024, 08:22:16 AM »

Yep, that’s the ride I assumed he’d choose when he won a round.
I have to post again in here related to the flight itself.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54