Author Topic: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Gauging Interest in a 1v1 Tournament with Prizes
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2024, 06:44:13 PM »
Someone who's trolling.

Can we let this thread get back on track though. If you have interest in competing in a bracket/tournament show your interest. If you aren't interested you probably don't even have to waste your time posting.

+1

Also, to all those sending PM's - please post here as well. I appreciate PMs, but it's easier to keep track if everyone posts in the same thread.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:47:01 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2024, 01:45:45 AM »

Vraciu vs JunkyII 1v1 Duels - Aces High II
Skyyr
212 subscribers

259 views  Dec 31, 2017
Vraciu, a good friend of mine, asked me to publish this video of him fighting JunkyII from some time ago.

Backstory to the duel: Vraciu trained under me for several months and managed to master, among many things, the merge. Junky and Vraciu got into a trash-talking spat, where Junky claimed that he could beat Vraciu, even if Vraciu started on his six with alt. Vraciu agreed and the fight here transpired.

After some goofing around, the actual co-alt duels start at 16:00 time in the video. Vraciu wins 3-0 vs Junky.

Seriously, I couldn't be prouder of Vraciu's skills and improvement during the time I flew with him.

=S=

Ooooooooh, seriously, literally, literally, literally, I'm not even joking it's in the past! Needn't worry then. We'll all just forget about it. Time heals everything and I'm sure you would be willing to write an apology to JunkyII, since you mentioned balls and intestinal fortitude.

Let’s not get bogged down with irrelevant minutiae of method which produce exactly the same result. Maybe I am an idiot, but at least I understand the distiction between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Besides it doesn't really matter what I think, nor does it matter what you think despite your implied control and ownership. This is HiTech's sandpit, not yours. It's for him to decide if it is acceptable for one player to systematically drive other players away by whatever sly method their diseased imagination can come up with. Also there were sufficient other evidenced allegations to make this look like Ted Bundy going postal over an incorrect parking ticket while on trial for mass-murder.

Anyway let's keep this on topic: the matter is easily resolved by a simple clarification of this bracket’s proposed rules:-

• Will competitors be allowed to change their in-game IDs to those of other active entrants, without announcing it publicly and then uploading YouTube videos further gas lighting other entrants in order to falsely represent their results or their squad's results or is this privilege only extended to the organiser and his squamates as he claims himself in this very thread to have done already? Obviously this needs to be clarified as it would cast doubt over future, present and past results in both the MA, the MPA and also in KotH. In the eventuality of discovering such a violation, would both the owner of the now fake ID and the one flying under the fake ID be banned from Aces High forever, or just the latter? - How could this be monitored?
  • Will non Fake Damned entrants who are allowed to win a prize by the organiser (since prizes was mentioned, not a prize - pretty sure that's already been decided) be required to supply their postal addresses to the organiser under the pretention of sending Logitech joysticks to the peasants. I mean winners. I think this needs clarification since we know the orgniser has a pistol and has clearly lost all sense of proportion over what he sometimes describes as: just a game. - How could this be monitred?
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2024, 01:53:26 AM »

This is HiTech's sandpit, not yours. It's for him to decide if it is acceptable for one player to systematically drive other players away by whatever sly method their diseased imagination can come up with.

• Will competitors be allowed to change their in-game IDs to those of other active entrants, without announcing it publicly and then uploading YouTube videos further gas lighting other entrants in order to falsely represent their results or their squad's results or is this privilege only extended to the organiser and his squamates as he claims himself in this very thread to have done already? Obviously this needs to be clarified as it would cast doubt over future, present and past results in both the MA, the MPA and also in KotH. In the eventuality of discovering such a violation, would both the owner of the now fake ID and the one flying under the fake ID be banned from Aces High forever, or just the latter? - How could this be monitored?
  • Will non Fake Damned entrants who are allowed to win a prize by the organiser (since prizes was mentioned, not a prize - pretty sure that's already been decided) be required to supply their postal addresses to the organiser under the pretention of sending Logitech joysticks to the peasants. I mean winners. I think this needs clarification since we know the orgniser has a pistol and has clearly lost all sense of proportion over what he sometimes describes as: just a game. - How could this be monitred?
haha that was rich! well stated
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2024, 04:41:28 AM »
He said he wouldn’t be organizing.

What risk would there really be to participate? If the match play arena was used you wouldn’t even need a subscription.

Say out of good fortune I do luck my way to win a prize, it would not be safe in any way what so ever to supply my postal address to Skyyr, the supplier of said prizes.
Only somebody very naive would be willing to hand over such sensitive information, because not even a picture of myself from my Facebook or Instagram was safe in his hands.
It's wonderful that HiTech has made that arena Free of cost/subscription, however you couldn't pay me to walk into this dumpster fire suggested by Stalkyyr.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2024, 05:04:21 AM »

Vraciu vs JunkyII 1v1 Duels - Aces High II
Skyyr
212 subscribers

259 views  Dec 31, 2017
Vraciu, a good friend of mine, asked me to publish this video of him fighting JunkyII from some time ago.

Backstory to the duel: Vraciu trained under me for several months and managed to master, among many things, the merge. Junky and Vraciu got into a trash-talking spat, where Junky claimed that he could beat Vraciu, even if Vraciu started on his six with alt. Vraciu agreed and the fight here transpired.

After some goofing around, the actual co-alt duels start at 16:00 time in the video. Vraciu wins 3-0 vs Junky.

Seriously, I couldn't be prouder of Vraciu's skills and improvement during the time I flew with him.

=S=

Ooooooooh, seriously, literally, literally, literally, I'm not even joking it's in the past! Needn't worry then. We'll all just forget about it. Time heals everything and I'm sure you would be willing to write an apology to JunkyII, since you mentioned balls and intestinal fortitude.

I think at the time that even raised my eyebrow, because Vraciu sucks balls flying, he was an utter garbage BnZrunner in a P51, easily reversible, and even worse co-E.
Junky was so much more of a TnB pilot than that of Vraciu that the result I considered guilty of or involving deceit by use of a program supplied by xPoisonx, or Skyyr flying for him.
I'm sure I stated in the recent past I wouldn't duel Vraciu because "it would be like dueling Skyyr", how apt..

This raises the question of so much more involving Vraciu, especially what of his post-Junky accomplishments were gained legitimately/in person.
Able to pull the wool over the eyes once, there is always going to be a second and a third or more until busted or admittance... Only now is it brought into the light and it's 2024.

.. Wait I think this is also yet another time Vraciu has ended up under the proverbial bus at the hands of Skyyr... That must be getting tiring..

Everything they touch turns to toejam. They cannot do a single thing fairly, legitimately, honorably, impartial or honest.

I feel utter pity for their squad members, forever tainted.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2024, 07:04:39 AM »
Becoming a fan, i am.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2024, 07:09:37 AM »
Insert digging hole animated gif here

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Trav02

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2024, 07:14:24 AM »
I won't survive too long, but I'm game...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2024, 06:59:06 PM »
There is not enough credibility, integrity or good-will in the event organizer for me to risk partaking in such misadventure.

I agree. It would be a safer bet to let Bernie Madoff handle my investment portfolio.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2024, 07:01:39 PM »
I'll only play if skyrr can use my callsign
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2024, 09:15:27 PM »
Let’s not get bogged down with irrelevant minutiae of method which produce exactly the same result. Maybe I am an idiot

Aaaaand there's the attempt to deflect from the fact you did, in fact, lie in your assertions. lol

Say out of good fortune I do luck my way to win a prize, it would not be safe in any way what so ever to supply my postal address to Skyyr, the supplier of said prizes.
Only somebody very naive would be willing to hand over such sensitive information, because not even a picture of myself from my Facebook or Instagram was safe in his hands.
It's wonderful that HiTech has made that arena Free of cost/subscription, however you couldn't pay me to walk into this dumpster fire suggested by Stalkyyr.

Trust me, we don't want any of you crazies having our personal info either. That's why we would be using digital gift cards and vouchers.

I'll only play if skyrr can use my callsign

Hmmm... maybe.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2024, 02:17:12 AM »
tl:dnr

Voldermort admitted to cheating, to avoid being caught cheating and to be seen to be clever. What a spineless spin doctor. It's priceless to watch him wriggling.

"The tables have turned, HiTech is on Slyyr's six, with no squadmates to run to, out of energy and with yellow fluid leaking from his cockpit, Slyyr knows it's about it end..." - New Dogfights episode at 10.00pm
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2024, 08:39:18 AM »

Trust me, we don't want any of you crazies having our personal info either.

I only think it fair to give your personal information to your nearest psychiatric hospital, to give the voices a break from you.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2024, 02:25:43 PM »
So no Skyyr Tournament?  :rofl :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2024, 02:32:01 PM »
Decent amount of people seem interested, perhaps enough for a small bracket.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!