Author Topic: View Adjust Stuck  (Read 73 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
View Adjust Stuck
« on: Yesterday at 01:28:05 PM »
Old player returning and running into a VIEWs setting quagmire.  Hoping someone here knows how to "unstick" some buttons.

When I get in to a plane, I hav to set up each plane's views. 

When I am in the cockpit and looking forward, I hit the HOME button and it puts my forward standard view in place.  I then push and hold the 8 button on the keypad for forward looking view.  While holding this button I SHOULD be able to use the direction arrows and the PgUp and PgDwn buttons to fine tune.  Then press F10 to save the view. 

For whatever reason, the arrow buttons and PgUp / PgDwn buttons do not work.  They're seemingly "locked".  What I mean by that is it appears like it wants to move then doesn't. 

Does anyone know how to unlock it so I can use my arrows and Pg Up/Dwn buttons?  I know it is simple.  I used to help everyone sort this and now I can't remember how. 

TIA
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: View Adjust Stuck
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:43:43 PM »
Do you have any views tied to an analog axis? You can only use one or the other, analog or key presses.

I once set a mini joystick to a "move left" and "move right" to adjust on the fly to see around posts and it turned off the arrows and such.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:52:07 PM »
Do you have any views tied to an analog axis? You can only use one or the other, analog or key presses.

I once set a mini joystick to a "move left" and "move right" to adjust on the fly to see around posts and it turned off the arrows and such.

I just picked up Virple and am mapping things now.  I'll see if anything is inadvertantly tied to it.  Thanks for the heads up. 

I am in an Oculus Rift S but feel confident everything VR is set correctly.  I'll report back if this was the issue.  Thanks again!
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:20:45 PM »
In VR just move your head to the view you want and save it with F10.