Author Topic: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Not a wishlist request, this is a plea
« on: October 18, 2024, 03:49:42 PM »
For the sake of low numbers, at all times of the day now except for a 1-3 hr window during primetime, can we please just stick to action promoting maps?

Maps such as Pizza, the ocean map with islands with only 2 bases on each, the uterus map pertaining to the southern countries position starting out, and any other unnecessary map just so we can have diversity in maps.

Quality of creating action over quantity of playable maps is the right mindset to have. The game must be allowed to breath and this current rotation is a killer when maps like today show up.

:salute
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Not a wishlist request, this is a plea
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 03:52:16 PM »
Pizza is a great strategic map dont get more wrong but our player base can not support the numbers it takes to make this map work anymore. for 22 hours of the day when a map like pizza is up, one literally must fly for 10 minutes for potentially just a few moments of action????

This is not working. Really would like to see some attempts at improving the quality of this communities experience moving forward.
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations."Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s? It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns"Diaster
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 04:03:23 PM »
2nd this ^^^

Heard it was as easy as editing a list

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2024, 04:05:17 PM »
Pizza is a great strategic map dont get more wrong but our player base can not support the numbers it takes to make this map work anymore. for 22 hours of the day when a map like pizza is up, one literally must fly for 10 minutes for potentially just a few moments of action????

This is not working. Really would like to see some attempts at improving the quality of this communities experience moving forward.

I want all the round maps gone, just because.
I also want a Rolls Royce, just because chicks will dig me, and my wallet.

<looks both ways> <runs>

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2024, 05:15:43 PM »
Bowlma, craterMA, Buzzsaw, Oceana, and one more definitely need to go. Just not enough action and it has players logging off before they even take off because there is no path to action or battle. I can cleary see the lack of #s during the day when these maps are on.

Atleast do a randomizer on the maps. This rotation has gotten pretty old.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2024, 05:23:10 PM »
I loved trinity.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2024, 06:10:15 PM »
I don't know the map names off hand... but there are a few that need to go on the shelf.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2024, 06:30:10 PM »
Seriously, the round maps have a gamey effect in clipboard. When I login and see them its like Meh!

Not sure why it seems so hard to shelve what is now unpopular maps. <shrug>

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2024, 06:38:25 PM »
I loved trinity.

Trinity was dog crap. Good riddance.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2024, 06:52:46 PM »
I'd love to see another in-game vote. Last time that happened, BowlMa had just came out so every one voted it to the top  :furious We had a bit more players then. It's not a bad map, it's just not suitable for most of the day. It's about building #s through the day with battles, and it's also what's keeps players logged in longer after prime time hours. Such large maps aren't designed to incorporate team play during off hours.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2024, 06:55:03 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2024, 07:37:09 PM »
I'd love to see another in-game vote. Last time that happened, BowlMa had just came out so every one voted it to the top  :furious We had a bit more players then. It's not a bad map, it's just not suitable for most of the day. It's about building #s through the day with battles, and it's also what's keeps players logged in longer after prime time hours. Such large maps aren't designed to incorporate team play during off hours.

This vote would result in which strats are easiest to resupply, and how many GV spawns go into bases, based on the current population.

What would make this game thrive again would be the maps voted against.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2024, 09:43:53 PM »
This vote would result in which strats are easiest to resupply, and how many GV spawns go into bases, based on the current population.

I think there are very few who understand the workings of the maps left.

Some players are happy with the maps in which strats are easiest to resupply, and how many GV spawns go into base. If that isnt available, they log. The same goes for ones were strats are easy to hit, or GV spans are numerous. Small base distance to an enemy base might be important to some where other couldnt care less.

The whole idea of the maps is to create/channel battles opportunities. They are suppose to generate fights, be it GV, air, or sea, the whole idea is for fights. A majority of players today go out of there ways to avoid a fight and some of these maps aid in this, especially with these numbers.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2024, 08:32:12 AM »

+1 from me

A vote against the maps
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2024, 08:36:31 AM »
I think there are very few who understand the workings of the maps left.

Some players are happy with the maps in which strats are easiest to resupply, and how many GV spawns go into base. If that isnt available, they log. The same goes for ones were strats are easy to hit, or GV spans are numerous. Small base distance to an enemy base might be important to some where other couldnt care less.

The whole idea of the maps is to create/channel battles opportunities. They are suppose to generate fights, be it GV, air, or sea, the whole idea is for fights. A majority of players today go out of there ways to avoid a fight and some of these maps aid in this, especially with these numbers.
+1

Like with a child, sometimes its important for an adult to do whats best for them despite what the child wants.

This thread is about maps that are killing action creating opportunities. If it takes me 7-10 minutes in a fighter to get to a fight, only to last a few minutes if that, then man we got problems with these low numbers.

Some of these maps are killing action. It is my opinion for the sake of the community these maps need to go. I have zero expectations on this but it is my plea on behlaf of the community.

:salute
"Take your meds" ShadowX

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2024, 09:07:02 AM »
The only map that needs to go is Buzzsaw.

The only people that complain about maps are the A2A crowd.

Just let it go.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!