Author Topic: Which Sound Pack  (Read 177 times)

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
Which Sound Pack
« on: Today at 01:03:00 PM »
I can't remember which soundpack to  get.

Which one sounds the most  fun?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Which Sound Pack
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:20:40 PM »
think only one available is challengers

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:16:47 PM »
None of the old sound pack work. HTC switched to s different sound system and made them all useless. The only sound packs are the default one that comes with the game, and Challenge's pack is available here. There are a couple bugs in the pack and it only covers a portion of the planes .... mostly US aircraft, but it is pretty good. Challenge has since passed away but last we heard his son was working on clearing the bugs.

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:22:23 PM »
So the default sounds have become what the good custom sounds used to be?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:37:08 PM »
They are better, but to some of those "high brow sound connoisseur's" they still need work   :devil

Give them a try in game, its easy to use them as they come installed. If they arent up to your standards, click the link and maybe one of those "connoisseur's" will help you out setting it up!  :devil  (its not all that hard to do).

Welcome back!

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:45:56 PM »
The FMOD sound system was well worth the change, it added quite a bit of depth in 3D sound.
Problem is it has a bit of a learning curve.

Like any old sound pack, getting flawless loops in engine sounds can be challenging.

Anyone can use it and create new sound packs.

Chalenger's approach was using many actual live recordings of the AC he recorded himself. He was on the verge of polishing them up when he passed. Some of the actual AC either just don't run or exist anymore. So getting those recordings is fubar.

Frankly, I find very little problems with the defaults.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:51:28 PM »
They are better, but to some of those "high brow sound connoisseur's" they still need work   :devil

Give them a try in game, its easy to use them as they come installed. If they arent up to your standards, click the link and maybe one of those "connoisseur's" will help you out setting it up!  :devil  (its not all that hard to do).

Welcome back!
I use my tube VTL system into the Joseph Audio Pulsars for game sound cause I'm awesome.   :rofl
But yah I miss having the option of other sound packs.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart