Author Topic: bring on the NIGHT!!!  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2000, 08:03:00 PM »
Me-410? For daytime, sure. I'd rather have an He-219 for the night though!  

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2000, 09:01:00 PM »
All; Anyplane HTC will make is cool by me,
Mx; Some of us don't like having our fun spoiled by F4U-1C's but the things here and we can live with it, why can't y'all deal with night?
Given the current barren nature of terrain,ground units are still terribly vunerable, night gives them equal status.
'course there aren't too many folks here interested in equality now are there?  
Everybody got something they dig, and that's cool, but when ya down on someone else for what they dig, that's major uncool baby, Ya dig?

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2000, 12:49:00 PM »
Tried the Jug last night offline. Suddenly remembered those .time commands I learned about here on this BB. Gave it a shot.
WOW!!!
I got some awesome screenshots. Just drop dead beautiful. Sunrise is fantastic, the misty landscape below looks sooo real I about cried.
  On another note, night time was very very very black. If mayhaps HTC guys don't code moon, they could possibly just shorten night a bit. Anything (even pitch black night) would be well worth seeing that sunrise in an online sim! I'll try sunset tonight.
Liz out

Ziegller

bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2000, 03:35:00 AM »
Sounds great to me!  

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2000, 01:24:00 AM »
<PUNT>

if anything the night needs to be about 20-30min longer.  With the dynamic lighting effects we're seeing I'm sure a moon would make shooting a little easier.
I dropped in on a hawg during night last night and at 500yds I couldna hit him (couldna see a good outline of the bird   )

eagerly awaiting me P-61B

------------------
CavemanJ
CO, The Wrecking Crew

"Airpower is a thunderbolt launched from an egg shell invisibly tethered to a base."
               --Hoffman Nickerson

To close with and destroy the enemy by use of fire, manuever, and shock effect

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Night, well a Big efort to get all the stuff inside

but HTC start with litle thing like a fiew minut longer night, position light on aircrafts
landing light, Field light they be activated
for 30 sec //.light 24 //and u must be around of  4 K from tower , to donot light up the AREANA , somepeople will be abuse to much :-))
the thing who bring the sim more close to reality and less hard to program
for now HOw about half Range icons  for the night time ? , ack already shot in half range  !

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2000, 01:01:00 PM »
I participated in a weekend warrior over in WB's in which we did at night--it was incredila--very intense!  We flew just mossies and 110's, and the allies had B'24's and B'17's too. I had a couple of really intense showdowns in a 110 against mossies.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Renfield

bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
I like the night! (All bats do  )

I think make night longer and get us a schedule where we could plan for it - a little like jet day in WB.

But... I want blue and yellow exhaust flame. That's part of how planes were located in WWII and it would make night more realistic here. At a distance the dots disappear but before icon range, there is a tinge on bluish light to pull them out of the ink.

Turboed planes would have a bit of an advantage over straight stacks and superchargers due to the cooling and routing of the exhaust, but I'd bet there is some flame out of them too. Just harder to see.

I watched a Connie take off at night from right beside the runway not too long ago. Big 'ole exhaust flames. Really impressive.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2000, 09:16:00 PM »
Night..... is a playing field for Buffs Vs Night fighters, thats it..  Fighter v Fighter if it ever happened at all was rare.  Those who wish to dogfight will be SOL til daylight again.  Due to this restriction, night would have to be so short (in MA) that the night fighters would have to get up well before sun down and hope they weren't caught by a day fighter while they grabbed..  I think it would be an exercise in futility...

Of course whenever i get some $$ to get back in the MA, night won't ground me...

SKurj

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
I'm surprised Ripsnort dinnae do this with the NIGHTFIGHERS in 1.04!!! thread  

<MASSIVE PUNT>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2000, 09:00:00 AM »
After 6 years of asking for it, I figured maybe shutting up about it would help promote it!   But alas, I cannot keep my mouth closed about this beautifully ugly A/C that had the artistic moves of a P38 but the punch of a A26.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2000, 09:49:00 PM »
with the new resurgence in night threads...

<PUNT>

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2000, 10:46:00 PM »
Hey Rip,
Are we getting the early production `B' model without the turret, or we going for a full blown 'C' model to really Pi$$ em off with?   . Of course, with all the low production planes in here, maybe HTC will give us a P-61E as a perk plane!   (If I recall, there were two P-61E's built (Not including F-15 Reporters))
SD

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 09-28-2000).]

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
I'd be perfectly happy with a 2nd half production run -B model with the turret added back after a redesign  

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
bring on the NIGHT!!!
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2000, 08:22:00 PM »
<--- but i'm scared of the DARK....Hold me Cavey.