Author Topic: Eat yer heart out Rip.. (OT)  (Read 403 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Eat yer heart out Rip.. (OT)
« on: April 12, 2001, 08:28:00 PM »

More warbird shots from the Toledo R/C expo here... http://www.srbatteries.com/hangtime.htm

Enjoy!  

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2001, 11:00:00 PM »
Damno mano!  Im building the Monogram P61 in 1/48th scale and have only just completed detailing the interior and joining the fuselage.  I still havent decided whether to go with OD P61-A or the gloss black -B

That shot looks fine!  

I only hope to have this bird in AH eventually.

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

hogfarmr

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 11:03:00 PM »
go to the above link, 6th picture down, the one with the p38. Right around the left corner of that bald guy was the booth that a friend and myself ran. Its a small world  .
Was anyone else there?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Yup. Me. In the SR Batteries booth.  
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
(Drooling....)  

hogfarmr

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
cool hangtime, i bet we saw eachother. just dont know what we look like so it'b be kinda hard to pick out of different people.
-AKHog

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
What kind of plane is that second one from the top?  Those are some nice models!

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
 HANGTIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DON'T TEASE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!"
  ok a little   is ok that 1 s on my wish list  

------------------
DRILL
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »

Originally posted by SUPERFLY:
What kind of plane is that second one from the top?  Those are some nice models!

What does it matter? You obviously don't have the talent level to model the P61B for Aces High....so why even look at the 'easier' ones...

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Jealous BIG TIME Hangtime! Looks like fun there  . I just got back from flying my trainer after work and come check out the board and see those beauuuutiful pics, especially the one of the P38! Is that a Wing Manufacturing kit or was it a scratch built (or did you even notice  ). I'm looking for plans or possibly the WM kit, sure wish Royal was still around, I wanted their P38 kit but never purchased it  .

Hehe, just bought some new batt's for my radio gear the other day from Tower, have been out of RC for 8 years until last month. So Hang, what kinda deals can ya give us fellow AH pilots   I need some more/new servo's for my TwinStar that's 'bout ready to go save for the final engine decision and another radio flight pack (it's gonna be on floats too!).  I'll fly straight for ya and pad your score Hang.......hehehe.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »

What does it matter? You obviously don't have the talent level to model the P61B for Aces High....so why even look at the 'easier' ones...

NATEDOG, I will call you a little girl until the day I die if you pander to this blatant intimidation tactic.  And since I know that you live day to day concerned about my oppinion of you, I'm sure I'll get my way

Rip.. shame on you!  

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Hehehe, hey, I speak from experience, I modeled the P61B on the Cadd system we have at work years ago (while attending classes  )and it was tough...the draft angles on that A/C are a nightmare...of course, I used all solids rather than skins or surfaces, so it challenged me.  

hogfarmr

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
tshred, no need to put the tstar on floats. just notch the fues about 6 inches behind the wing to kill the laminer flow over the bottem of the fues in water. then cover the fues in clear ultracoat or some clear packing tape. now if your good just set her in water and thrtl up. once you get moving you'll be able to pull the wings level with the ailerons and about another 50 feet of full power she'll start getting light enough to get up. Get it out of the water asap but then cruise in ground effect for a while to get up to a safe climb out speed. Landing is another trick. i've goten wet many a times getting my tstarr out of the water after a h2o landing attempt. the key is to keep some power on and keep it moving, dont flar till it stalls and dont ever let it get heavy. Also using a 6 cell pack helps but if you do you wont have enough power to take off out of the water, you'll have to throw it.

Btw i'm on my 5th tstar    .

-AKHog

Edits: spelling

[This message has been edited by hogfarmr (edited 04-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by hogfarmr (edited 04-13-2001).]

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
<Superfly sniffs Ripsnort's bait, farts on it and moves on.>

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
<Rip feels jiggle on line, pulls up lure, .."smells kinda funny, them thar fishies need to change their diets!">