Author Topic: TOD in the Main Arena  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2002, 02:52:35 PM »
Ghstdancer, VMF-323 follows the same guidelines, but think of it as "mis-directed for 12 hours due to TOD Bonding". :D

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2002, 02:59:17 PM »
Lol, Ripsnort I like the way you put it:

"mis-directed for 12 hours due to TOD Bonding".

I am willing to turn a blind eye to it but I can't order the squad to do this against our tradition. Each person has to decide on their own. Right now I have gotten back 7 responses already out of 35 Nightmares and 3 Horse Soldiers.

So far the response has been that everyone is fine with anyone wanting to switch and fly for the Knights friday night for TOD. But although all the responders are fine with people switching for the night .. all seven said they will -not- fly for another country or shoot at Rooks in the MA.

So as I said expect a few will participate in this TOD assault but I don't expect there will 15-18 like we usually get for TOD.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2002, 02:59:35 PM »
Sounds fine to me Rip. I think we should do some stuff that you don't see everyday in the MA...like a swarm of 60 C202s attacking a base :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2002, 03:01:03 PM »
I LIKE THAT RAUB, we think alike!  How about (50) .202's and (50) goons taking a few fields? :D:D

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2002, 03:06:12 PM »
:D Night of the Living 202s

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2002, 03:11:15 PM »
Hehehe!  Well, whatever we do, they'll be spies watching our every move, so no Waypoints will be in the mission, and targets should probably be spoken over the mission channel text only (Ch. 5 for those that don't know that its a dedicated mission  channel in AH)

Come to think of it, maybe we should ANNOUNCE our intentions :D:D

Off to the gym, talk to ya all later.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2002, 04:05:55 PM »
I suggest we pick a text channel for MA TOD general comms (say 175) before we even start any missions running so we are all listening in for commands.

Oh and the idea of a massed C202 and C47 raid sounds like a blast.  Maybe follow it up with a massed Hurricane IIC and C47 raid?

Offline JaCkNiFe

• Zinc Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2002, 05:48:39 PM »
So what yall are saying is all the TOD squads(not MA squads) will be attacking all NonTOD squads and loners? hmmm sounds cool... but we will own...(tod squads) all the good good guys play TOD and we will be playing against n00bs....? o well.. would be cool to see the numbers that each side will have. and what about those that will not change sides and stay on knights?

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2002, 05:55:11 PM »
Alright guys,

I have recieve responses from half of the Nightmares VMF-101 and VMF-124 Horse Soldiers (19 responses) and the answer is the same in each one of them.

Nobody has a problem with anyone wanting to fly Knights for friday night to be apart of the TOD Assault on the MA. But every single person says that while they have no problem with it they will not fly Knights (or Bishops) and they will not purposely fire on other Rooks in the MA.

--

So count the Nightmares VMF-101 and our allied and sister squads as part of the OpFor in Rook Land come this friday.
CM Terrain Team

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2002, 07:33:02 AM »
ghosth dancer. I understand.

Raub, blue, rip. Tell you what I will divide up the squads we have. I will give each of you 1/3. The three of you take it from there. Use the canned missions, write up new one's does not matter. Just be ready to give orders to about 30 pilots each on Friday night. I suggest the three of you get together and make some kind of "general" plan.

Ok here is the layout.

Raub will have under his leadership:
Mongrels
56th FG
Blue Messiahs
412th
Luftjager orps
13th TAS

Blue will have:
FBD's
Arabian Knights
Jv44
Blue Thunder

Rip will have:
MAG 33
Rogue Squadron
457th

These squads should look to their leader for orders. Questions?

That help jump star this? :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2002, 07:48:18 AM »
I say we make it as simple as possible.  If we put up one BIG mission (256 planes allowed in a mission!) then we'll all be on the same comms (Ch.5) and there won't be any confusion on who hits what...thats my 2 cents worth.

Also, there's no garantee that anything will be very coordinated with a squad OUTSIDE the country we're hosting, (VMF-101's) so I don't think its going to work with 101...after all, what if we hit the rooks?  Is 101 going to shoot themselves down? :)

Anyway, I'll be on 1/2 in advance, and I'll have a mission in the planner that can accomodate everyone is you wish, the launch field will be just a place holder until we decide what we want to hit 5 min before launch.  No target will be called out in the mission  either. We'll just up and go somewhere we all decide.

Lets keep in mind that we want to PROMOTE the TOD, so when folks whine about the masses, tell them on open channel about the TOD, and if they become part of it we'll stop picking on them! :) (Love with a big belt! hehehe!)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2002, 08:12:01 AM »

Also, there's no garantee that anything will be very coordinated with a squad OUTSIDE the country we're hosting, (VMF-101's) so I don't think its going to work with 101...after all, what if we hit the rooks? Is 101 going to shoot themselves down?

Nope we are not going to shoot ourselves down. ;) We will be defending Rook Land to the best of our abilities. Although I have had the guys paint a new symbol on our planes .. big red dot with two red cirles around it.

Don't worry about coordinating with us .. consider us your Opposition Force if you hit the Rooks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2002, 08:17:38 AM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2002, 08:17:19 AM »
With all due respect, if we can't 100% participation for same country, then why bother doing it?

Why don't the other 13 squads change to rooks to satisfy VMF-101's requirements?  My squad is dedicated to Knightland, but we certainly won't have a problem changing to Rooks if that's what it takes to get 100% participation....

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2002, 08:42:56 AM »
I agree with Rip
This is all for fun, no country should take offense to being picked on.
We just post on Gen Disc forum our intentions and let the MA
decide if they think it is allright.

Sax

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
TOD in the Main Arena
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2002, 08:50:14 AM »
Couple more options:
Not do any landing grabbing, just fighter sweeps...

Flying for underdog country when we log in, and helping them out...

Just thinking out loud.