Author Topic: Very disturbing premonition by community comes true!  (Read 1292 times)

lazs

Very disturbing premonition by community comes true!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
well westy... I never threatened to cancel my account but i find the perk system to be as bad as i thought it would be.   I, and many others are flying less tho.. As you said earlier there are only a few perk rides and they are rare.  the non perk new rides are changing the whole arena.   I had said that perks wouldn't work because either they would be so rare as to be pointless or, common enough to spoil every sortie.   I see nothing that has changed my mind only a shift toward a more timid and arena with less action.  I would still prefer that there be no perk rides and that those planes be available on an unlimited basis for a day or two at the end of the tour.  
lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Yep, certainly don't see hordes of perk planes terrorizing the skies, just admit it Laz, you were wrong, you can do it, c'mon...its easy, just admit it.   (J/K btw)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
 I actually can't remember who said they'd cancel but I remember several saying they would.

I punted this because in the last two weeks I had not noticed anything different and I remembered how bad AH was predicted to be when this was finally implemented. Sure some AR234's coming in fast and waste a base. But they might as well have been in Lancasters for the safety of the alt they had over me or the other defenders.
 I've tangled with a few Tempests and only seen a couple of TA-152's as they raced by.  I think the D9 and LA7 have far more powerful presences in the MA.
 I could se how things could be as skewed for the Tempest as they are (or were) for the C-hog if the Tempest was a freel y available aircraft.

I just recall alot of  doom and gloom in that some said there would be a new perk point driven behavior and that these few uber aircraft would ruin things in the MA.  I personally haven't heard or seen anyone milking points with a squaddie on the other side for perks points. And anyone I've run across in a perk ride, who has shot me down, could have done the same in a 109F.

I'm not singling anyone out as it was a whole group of people who swore that AH would be just plain fediddleed up from perk planes.  IMO, that has not happened and even with more in the future I don't believe it will even eventually happen.

-Westy

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Perk, schmerk!

I didn't care before and I don't care now. Fly what you like, like what you fly, don't worry about the other guy!  

I do wonder about the "Early Planeset" stuff.

Eventually, those earlybirds will arrive en masse. Will they be like the C202? Or will those sneaky bastiges in Grapevine find a way to make them useful?

Stay tuned. The ride has just begun!

Life is good!  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
Couldn't agree more 'Toed'.  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2001, 03:17:00 AM »
The G2 is my ride of the moment  

Nothing like killing a 190D9, then an LA-7 and finish off with a chog.

12-15 perkies. yum.

Of course, yesterday with the Bishrook masses outnumbering me 1.7, I find it hard to survive in it, but in almost equal number fights, I ain't afraid of 'um.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2001, 04:05:00 AM »
Aw well, Perkies is good for Capturing field... needs 2 of you: 1 in a Tempest & 1 in an M3.

Once cons show up, show yer shiny ar*e (Tempest) and just run & scream like a little girl amongst them... they usualy won't catch you & while they're busy chasing their perkies... get the M3 to drop troops.

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

lazs

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
hope ur right about the early war stuff toad but.... I did "stick around" in WB for quite some time waiting for better six views, gunnery and flight models.   Heck... if I had stayed I would still be waiting...Not to say a useful early war planeset won't happen in some kind of timely manner but... I don't think it's out of line to point out that we are going in the oppossite direction.
lazs

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
 I see a lot of perk planes in H2H. You can fly them whenever you want. I dont see whats so perky about them.  The Temp would be but the R O F Emptys the guns fast. Yet, there is no payoff with the 20MM. No better than a snap shot in any cannon armed plane.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
I find the impact on the MA due to the perkies to be zilch nada zip NOTHING.  I see a few Tempests, an occaisional 234, and the ta152 is just rare.

Still lots of planes with nice and lo ENY scores flying, earning their pilots very few perks.  I had hoped to see more early war iron up, but hey I don't mind, I'm flying mostly 47d25, and a6m  

SKurj

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2001, 11:50:00 PM »
I think there needs to be a mid-ground for perk points. Right now it's either 50-70 or nothing. Even paying 10 pts per ride for the D9, La-7, F4U1C, and maybe even 109G10 and P51 makes sense. Chog's might HO less if it might cost 'em 10 perks.

The trick here is to have some cost for semmi-uber rides, but not so much that people start playing defensive more often than not.

-DoK

Offline Skysix1

• Zinc Member
      • http://sky610.tripod.com/skyssite/
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »

Originally posted by Westy:
I actually can't remember who said they'd cancel but I remember several saying they would.

-Westy

I said I would drop it if it appeared I wouldnt get to fly planes I joined AH to fly.  

I am going to give AH another month. Mainly though because I found alot of my WB friends have switched to AH.  I am just gone alot and After 1 month in AH I have a whole whopping 50 perk points!  Several 1 hour + flights hitting the targets and only 1-3 points? Sometimes 1+ hour missions where I get blasted, once on final approach at about 150 feet off the ground      that was actually kind of funny.  I didnt see that guy at all till way too late.

---I offered to pay for 3 months in advance so I could fly the Ar234 online in the main arena.

---I offered someone $50 for there perk points hoping they would sell to me before putting them on eBay.  More than once I did this I believe.

---I wrote the company (twice) and just asked if there were going to be any changes to the perk system and what was going to be considered... no response. To be fair to AH  I have not seen a response at all from them corcering the perk system other than it is a work in progress.

I had other ideas in here over the last few weeks, some turned out to be bad,  some seemed to get good responses.

It just seems to me that unless I can spend 50+ hours a month on AH it will take me 3+ months to gain enough points to fly.  Then what if I screw up.  I gotta wait another 3 months to fly it again?

This game really dosent seem to be set up for the guy who can only fly a little bit each month by using the perk system.  

Bottom line for me.  I see no reason to pay if I dont get to fly what I want to fly.  
I am not "trying" to hold my account hostage. I just dont see paying to fly the other planes that dont usually feel like flying.  If they set up the bombers to drop more realistically (I almost always fly bombers) and added the stuff like in Microproses B-17II for drift and all I would stay for sure even if I were upset with the perk system.

Other things like lots more citys, factorys, ports, AAA sites, Radar Sites, etc. then it would start to get more worth it to me.  

I will see how it turns out.  I it looks like things will pan out then I will stay but If appears that I wont get to fly what I want to then how could I be blamed for not wanting to stay?  If I just left and didnt comment on why I was wanting to leave then no one would know why I left and no one would know that maybe there was something that would keep me here.

Sorry for the long letter      Lazy sunday mornings are really the only free time I get.

Thanks,

------------------
Chuck Perry   
"Sky61"

[This message has been edited by Skysix1 (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
There was a thread once proposing perking the 109G10, P-51D, and another plane I can't recall. I stated at the time that, at the rate I was accruing points, it would not be possible to fly these planes. This would not be an acceptable solution to me. It hasn't turned out that way.

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2001, 03:57:00 PM »
bump!

just because I'm feeling evil at the moment...

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2001, 03:56:00 AM »
Agreed Rip, the perk system is very cool indeed.

Only flown the tempest so far and only lost one to a disco (that kinda sux). The Temp is a *beast*!!!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group