Author Topic: AH Trainers....do what ur supposed to do...  (Read 2112 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
AH Trainers....do what ur supposed to do...
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2002, 03:19:00 PM »
I ended up taking about 6 weeks off, but then dropped off again for other reasons....came back as snaphook and have been flying for most of the year. I guess in some ways we had it a bit easier in the beginning but it was better organized (at least it seems that way). I think the explosive growth is an issue and the undefined expectations regarding training might be.

When I 1st applied it was an unknown area for us all. I know I recieved 3-4 casual requests in the MA to rumble from cobra and others. I don't know if they were checking out various appliants or it was random luck (I was always looking for a good 1 on 1).

Anyway, we had a great group that had various strengths. I always felt we got the newbies to the point they could have fun and be at least a little competative in the MA. I didn't feel then (or now) that I was a "hot stick" just a reasonably skilled guy trying to help em along.

Truthfully the game is much harder now, the overall quality of pilots is way up and so are the numbers. I think it's an even tougher road for a newbie to travel. I have'nt set foot in the TA in months...guess I'll drop in a bit just to see what it's like now.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2002, 04:40:08 PM »
Well guys, I've clearly missed a bunch of discussion here.  I'm not ignoring the BBS, I've just been in Cancun for 10 days on vacation.

Anyway, doing things like posting a list of trainers on the web site is something that isn't within my control.  Even if it was, it's not something I would do without Pyro's approval.

I agree, things need to change in the training system.  I really don't think it's right for me to go into that right now in detail, as it's something that Pyro needs to be deciding about and anouncing, not me.  I'll be talking with Pyro as soon as I can is about all I'll say here.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2002, 02:24:55 PM »
Leph,

you've done more than all of us combined to help the newer players (as well as a lot of vets) along. I think pimpjoes original post hits a very valid point...I just dont think most of the members of the community realize just how much of a sacrifice is involved in being a trainer. I do know we had the benifit of a "start-up" way back when, I think it's tougher as it evolves a life of it's own. I for one have greatly appreciated your efforts on everyone's behalf and will happily contribute again in anyway you think might help.

I think it's important that every one realizes that a trainer is "on duty" when he's in the TA and is not "on call"....less of course you think AH is gonna issue pagers to the trainers:rolleyes:

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson