Author Topic: track ? doesn't have any objects HELP  (Read 300 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
track ? doesn't have any objects HELP
« on: January 27, 2002, 07:05:18 AM »
Sorry but more questions..............

My factories and station are properly designated

I have built a railroad from station to factories (1 each)

They start within the designated distance on the property window

They finish within the designated distance on the property window.

The actual factory is designated (fuel factory etc)

Its a rail road

I place a train (train1) on the track within the designated distance of the origin station and asign it to the proper country.

I build

I exit and save and return

I  run an object report on the tracks

It tells me the tracks have no object associated with them............

what am I missing or doing wrong???

Thx for any help.................

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
track ? doesn't have any objects HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 12:39:05 PM »
Heya Tilt

Trains are country owned. They just go around their little track. I add a station or two for each line. Name the line something... ie: "northeast train" Place your train. In the pulldown menu select which track the train is assigned.

Add a depot near the train track but a few miles from either a field, or strat group.

Add road from depot to strat/field. In the properties window, click "start from" put the depot number here "go's to" put the field number. In the case your road services a strat group, use the pull down menu and select which type strat.

Add convoy on road. Trucks are field owned. (usually the depot number, but it doesn't have to be) Now select "change all" On the top select "convoy" hit change.. bottom the track name. (double check all 8 trucks are on the correct track and listed as convoy)

Remember to make discriptive names for all tracks so you don't get confused. The end of the day you have 50 or 60 tracks.

Notes: For roads If you don't add points on track back to starting point, the truck when they reach the end of the line, will dissapear and start at the beginning.

Hope this helps