Author Topic: Give Bombers More Incentive  (Read 1030 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Give Bombers More Incentive
« on: February 08, 2002, 11:11:02 PM »
I flew around for about 30 minutes yesterday, In a Lancaster, bombed a few hangars, blew away a Niki (for this alone, there should be 1000 points;)  Landed, and got 1.75 points. Really think it should be more rewarding.

:D
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2002, 02:15:26 AM »
Killin a nik is its own reward:p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2002, 10:23:09 AM »
I don't really think that a fluff milkrunning a few hangers in order to spoil the fight for the real players should be rewarded.
lazs

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2002, 10:40:10 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't really think that a fluff milkrunning a few hangers in order to spoil the fight for the real players should be rewarded.
lazs

And its this kind of shallow thinking and obnoxious rhetoric that we get to endure.  If you do not play Lazs way, then you are a fluff in his book.

Go read the Help Screens, this is a STRAT GAME.  Bombers blow stuff up, Fighters try to stop them from doing so, etc etc

You'd probably get a nose bleed trying to intercept my bombers since we all know the concept of climbing over 5,000 feet is foreign to you  :)

Some day, some year, you can give us all a break from your Anti-Buff blabber.  

Didn't they create a Dueling Arena per your demands?  Gee, isn't it empty? :rolleyes:

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2002, 11:03:27 AM »
Lazs gets his historical reference from a comic book what do you expect?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2002, 11:05:21 AM »
"And its this kind of shallow thinking and obnoxious rhetoric that we get to endure. If you do not play Lazs way, then you are a fluff in his book. "

yes...  The image of lecar heroicaly dragging a huge cross up the hill... crown of thorns biting into his head...   "We"   who is we?

"Go read the Help Screens, this is a STRAT GAME. Bombers blow stuff up, Fighters try to stop them from doing so, etc etc "

The "help screens" say that the fighters are there to stop the fluffs??  Twenty guys fighting should be stopped by one mouse weilding buss driver dropping lazer guided bombs onto a couple of leantoo's?    Gee.... if it was so fun then I suppose that fighters would be up there waiting to shoot down a gamey unfun mostly AI  aircraft instead of fighting with each other.

"You'd probably get a nose bleed trying to intercept my bombers since we all know the concept of climbing over 5,000 feet is foreign to you"  

"We"?   again with the we.   While I will grant that the statement is about 70% accurate... for you to presume so is pompous and dishonest.   You have never even seen me online.  

"Some day, some year, you can give us all a break from your Anti-Buff blabber. "

Sure, no problem.  Soon as they are fixed.

"Didn't they create a Dueling Arena per your demands? Gee, isn't it empty "

"they"??   "your demands"??  Who are "they" and when did I ever demand anything much less a "dueling arena"?   Worse... why would "they" listen to me any more than you (besides the fact that you are never right)?   I suppose that I could say that they created a CT for you to milkrun in but... I'm a little more honest than you I guess.  Not that dishonesty is that big a deal... I just don't want to look as foolish as you.
lazs

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2002, 11:14:31 AM »
I think it would be better if the buffs got a HUGE bonus if they land it.

Give them a 8X perk bonus.

Think about it, any moron can up a suicide lanc, fly it 4k above a field, drop all his bombs before he gets blown by acks. You want to reward that?

(just the same, I think fighters should get perks ONLY if they land or bail in friendly territory).

1.09 will give us bomber formations to fly in, so buffing will be more survivable... and the laser guidance will be gone, since we'll have like 3 or 4 buffs per person, dispersion will be set in. So a buff group would barely be able to nock out 1 or 2 hangars per pass.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2002, 11:15:30 AM »
Nice hedges, Laz.  Fine, replace the WE with I as much as you want.  But from past attempts to converse freely with you have resulted in the same from you, whereas you insist everyone is a furballer and feels the bombers do not belong in the game.

So there, we've removed the WE to I.  Get on with the topic.

And I HAVE seen you online numerous times.  But since I'm at 14k or so, you never come up to greet me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2002, 11:46:16 AM »
FTJR if you check your bomber score before and after a mission you'll see that you get thousands of points.  The bomber perk points are in addition to the bomber score points.

I don't know how lazs2 knows where you hit hangers or if there was a fight there but it seems reasonable to ignore him in either case.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2002, 11:52:43 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
1.09 will give us bomber formations to fly in, so buffing will be more survivable... and the laser guidance will be gone, since we'll have like 3 or 4 buffs per person, dispersion will be set in. So a buff group would barely be able to nock out 1 or 2 hangars per pass.

But imagine what 4 Lancs with 14 1k eggs each can do to a base when they carpet bomb it and you know that more guys are going to squeak and whine and cry like little lost sheep when they try to shoot down a flight of buffs in a box formation.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2002, 12:06:11 PM »
Wow, Lazsie musta had a hard on(e) when he saw this title ;)

I like that idea of increasing the incentive on landings... maybe we'd get a bit less suicide-HO-wheenies. good point.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2002, 12:12:32 PM »
I agree with more incentive on landings.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2002, 12:46:14 PM »
True akak, but that formation will have half or more of its bombs miss target.  If you aim for the hangars.. in, say, a medium field, you would drop the eggs on where you THINK your bombs and the other buffs bombs will have the highest chance of hitting. Its in that moment that the human bombardier can either put them on target or completely mess up the bomb run by bombing the sheep grazing just outside the field.

It would be logical to assume that with buff formations, the damage each structure takes will be increased dramatically. maybe 2 or 3k to kill a hangar? If 1 pilot with 1 buff formation can have that much lead, think what 6 pilots with buff formations can do.. too unbalancing.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2002, 01:49:49 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
(just the same, I think fighters should get perks ONLY if they land or bail in friendly territory).

On the contrary, you should get all of your perk points taken away the moment you pop open the canopy to bail out like a sissy.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2002, 06:48:52 PM »
When I read Lazs posts they seems very unreal for me. It is like Lazs does not exists as a person, it's just ideas generator script installed at this forum, which randomly posts some ideas under a Lazs nick, but scrip is someway broken, or has only 1 idea loaded into it :)

NOM, really. :)

Fariz