Author Topic: Give Bombers More Incentive  (Read 1032 times)

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Give Bombers More Incentive
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2002, 11:16:28 PM »
Originally posted by Tac
.... or completely mess up the bomb run by bombing the sheep grazing just outside the field.

i kept doing that on b17 2 when i first started it, but now i'm doing pression bombing:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2002, 08:55:43 AM »
wow...my little blubber eating buddie... i thought you were just being obtuse but... you really aren't very bright are you?   fighter hangers being down means that the field is uless to fighters for sometimes a very long time.   It means that flight times are doubled.   Most do not like to spend online time doing nothing (note the lack od dedicated fluffers .   The fact that gameplay can be affected so eaisly is the problem.

Oh, on parent teacher day does your disgust with the "tards" show through?   Probly if I had a retarded kid and you were his teacher I would have to kick your ass.   I am sure that would be the best thing for everyone.
lazs

Offline VWE001

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2002, 10:41:57 AM »
"fighter hangers being down means that the field is uless to fighters for sometimes a very long time. It means that flight times are doubled. Most do not like to spend online time doing nothing"

So your saying that  HT should remove every type of plane other than true fighters? No matter how realistic you want to make it for bombers you will still have your beloved FH's taken out. Trying to even comprehend your whine is a waste of time. It really makes me wonder how people like you have made it this far through life. You should move to France where omnipotent arrogance is a way of life.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2002, 12:30:09 PM »
Hmm a coupla thoughts re all the fluffing accusations -

1.) if all this buff running is so laughably easy that any halfwit in a single buff can stop all fighter ops at any field, why don't the superior-skilled fluffwhiners simply stop wasting their time whining and clamber into a fluff to kill all the enemy's Bomber Hangars first? - it's so easy blah blah blah use mouse blah blah blah get dinner blah blah blah take shower blah blah. - Hey presto! No irritating buffs knocking out your nice fighter hangars. :eek:

2.) Awwww the fighter hangars are down! :(  D'oh! Resupply them?!? Hey-presto NEW Hangars! :eek: (don't forget - this counts as a fluff mission and therefore you can do it with a mouse - no need to strain your stick or your brain, and you can take a shower & read the newspaper, get coffee at the same time).

The game has fighters & bombers, CVs & GVs. You'll have to live with it because, guess what? Some people like them. And IMO it'd a much poorer game without them all. We'd only have one map per TOD for starters...

Yes buffs are way too accurate thus hopelessly unrealistic - but that's so that they can be of some use in the MA - where all the targets they attempt to bomb are hopelessly unrealistic too: - I mean Ack that gets repaired in 15 mins? Airfields full of unlimited aircraft and vehicles? Carpet bombing the runway does nothing? Come come some mishtake shurely? No aircraft factories? No merchant shipping? No bridges... no real cities, no ground troops etc etc etc...).

Besides you always have to consider that should 100% realism be imposed on this game, none of us could play it anymore - because we have all been killed.

As the current strat set up stands, take away precision bombing then buffs are of no use other than providing fluffwhiners a free meal, the maps are static and there's not much point in furballs either: be honest - when was the last time you saw a gaggle of fighter pukes capture a field by straffing alone (in between furballs) in under 3 hours - besides, isn't the c47 counted as a fluff? - ewww.  Actually - when was the last time you saw a gaggle of fighter pukes capture a field, period?

Anyone who wants the game with no strat, no buffs, no real point other than air combat is in the wrong arena - you should be in the H-2-H arenas: I think wb may still cater for this in it's free air combat arena, too.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2002, 01:22:49 PM »
Some of you obviously don't think some things thru before you start spouting off. "Furballers" don't want to be rid of bombers.

When you bombers are on an offensive run, what are your targets? Do you drop on fuel? Do you drop on ammo? No. Why do you need to? You don't! You can disable your greatest threat by dropping 1 target type, the fh's. Boom! Defense over. What does that take, 9k for 3 fh's? 1 bomber doesn't do that? Better look again.

The point is this. Why not make it so that all targets relative to fighter ops must be disabled before disabling fighter operations? The laser guided sighting device wouldn't be much of an issue if bombers were required to make more than 1, 2 at the most, passes. Thats why we don't go after them much any longer. By the time we realize there is a buff at 25k, there's no point in climbing after him because its a 1 pass and run. A little too late for that.

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2002, 05:01:07 PM »
I dont think we're having a go at furballers. I furball 50% of the time anyway. Its the trolling of one person that has people stirred up.

I like a lot of the ideas here and Apaches are no exception. There should be more to it when making a bombing run. The fuel and ammo supplies are there to be bombed. While I dont agree that everything should be taken out in some order, I do think that more targets should be hit before FTR's are stopped. Maybe the destruction of the hangar should restrict the types or numbers that can up. Then as fuel and ammo go down they are restricted to lower and lower amounts(as already happens). Only once ammo and fuel is down are fighters stopped from upping.

I havent thought this through for long, just expanding on what Apache was saying. Didn't seem like a bad idea.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2002, 06:04:48 PM »
Maybe the destruction of the hangar should restrict the types or numbers that can up.

Now there is a good idea as well, especially the types of a/c. Not sure about restricting numbers but like gavor said, I need a little more time for thought.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2002, 02:15:09 AM »
Hehe - sorry Apache - I don't mean to imply all furballers want to lose buffs, and really the post was meant to be taken with a :) - but it was late & I was tired.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2002, 02:37:10 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
[fighter hangers being down means that the field is uless to fighters for sometimes a very long time.   [/B]

Duh...
That's like saying
"Wings being shot off makes fighters useless for the pilot."

That's why FHs are there, and that's why they can be destroyed.

It creates a optional method of capture;
Kill the hangers,
kill the defenders,
kill the town,
capture the field.

You have also said,
"Allow fighters to launch till the field is completely closed."

You must have some personal tard definition of what either "till" or "closed" means, because the above sentence is in contrast to your whining about fields being closed for fighters.

Lazshole,
Just because folks don't understand what you are trying to say doesn't make them stupid, it just means that they don't speak, or understand "tard talk".

My advice to you,
Slow the heck down when you write.
Try thinking, then writing.
Proofread and fix whatever doesn't make sense.
Proofread again and again.

Now you won't be able to write as much as you do now because it will take longer.
But maybe, you'll be able to express even one idea that makes sense.
Which is more than you do now.

eskimo

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2002, 05:13:14 AM »
Flying for Rookland, sending buffs to close enemy bases few times means a real capture attempt, most of the time this is the only way to stop massive gangbang and vulchfests by the other two countries.

Sorry lasz if our bombers are ruinning your fun this way.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2002, 08:55:12 AM »
well my little blubber eating friend... has it occured to you that you are the only one who didn't understand what I said?

My advise to you.. slow down... read what people write before responding in a knee jerk manner.   Try to not get so angry and write through a red haze.  Have someone with reading comprehension skills read the posts you respond to and explain to you why your response is silly.   You will still not be too bright and won't have a point but ... you won't look quite so bad and your posts will be less repetitive and.... I'm sure all will agree.... shorter.

mandoble... close and capture.   Great!  I got no problem with that... Close, capture and occupy..  That is optimum.   Close to fighters only and let sit.... that I have a problem with.   The original poster hit only FH's.
lazs

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2002, 09:18:49 AM »
NOW I see the point.  The hangars get dropped and just sit there, so it's not a failed attempt to take the field. It's just to screw with Lazs's enjoyment of the game. Mus' be some fighter types in on the game, since they killing goons left and right. ALL to keep Lazs from having fun. Lazs, just 'cause yer paranoid don't mean they ain't all out ta get ya!

GronK

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2002, 09:33:08 AM »
Anyhow... eskimo writes well.
lazs

eskimo

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2002, 09:47:21 AM »
lazs, it seems you are the one having comprehension problems.
A lot of times, close to fighters only and let sit is the only way to stop being outnumbered, ganbanged and vulched.

the typical situation is as follows:
bish and kniths outnumber rooks by a large 20% players each. Both of them keep gambanging the poor rooks, trying to take bases quickly while not disturbing the other "superpower". Once the rooks have 4 or 5 fields left, they start to worry about whitch of them has more fields to win the reset and they start to attack each other. But at the same time, they keep sending hordes of vulchers to us, not attepting to take our bases, just trying to have us under control all the time. Do u find this funny for the rooks? But when the rooks send some buffs just to close the vulchers bases, then it is a evil movement to stop the vulcher/gangbanger's fun.

Offline ICKID

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2002, 11:17:53 AM »
Lazs2

Stateing an opinion is one thing, but you seem to turn everything into a personal attack.,  That's not my opinion, that's an observation. lighten up.

IcKid