Author Topic: CT staff? CM staff… what is the difference?  (Read 128 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
CT staff? CM staff… what is the difference?
« on: February 15, 2002, 02:01:17 PM »
CT staff runs and organizes the Combat Theatre. They work closely with pyro who from what I understand has to approve the setup’s.

CM staff or the Scenario Corps CM’s run and organize special events in the Special Events Arena. Large Scenario’s TOD’s, Snapshots, Wild Wednesday’s, Check 6, Loose Deuce Shootout for example. HTC has given us full reign to run these as we see fit.

CM’s don’t have any authority in the CT, but only in the SEA.  Some CT staff may now be or have been CM’s, but these organizations are separate.

CT staff has my full support and that of the Scenario Corps, yet only as a player base because we don’t manage the CT in anyway.

--------------------
Senior CM CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
TOD’s & Snapshots
Noses in the wind since 1997.

There are three signs of old age: Loss of memory… I forget the other two.
Red Skelton
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2002, 08:46:12 AM »
You forgot to mention, but the CT Team is better looking, too:D.  The CM Staff and the CT Team do coordinate to a degree, especially on production and testing of terrains (the terrain team is part of the CM Staff, not the CT Team, but have been great about allowing us to have input into the terrain production effort).

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2002, 09:04:28 PM »
If some CT staffers have been CMs, and all CMs have authority in the SEA, but no CMs have authority in the CT, can a CT staffer make a noise in the SEA if there's no one there to hear him?

eskimo

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2002, 11:55:49 PM »
Ok... now speak up... who's responsible fer the DA?

C'mon now.. fess up... who's Captain Midnight, Scurage of the Dark? You know.. the guy that wires up English cars and does the DA settings?

And not that moron Robert Lucas.. we tracked his butt to a Scottish loch and drowned his bellybutton with sunlight a few years back; where he promptly shrivled up and died... the local residents were highly distraught at the unscheduled sudden apperance of "The Orb.. aieeee... the Orb!!" When we explained it was merely the Sun producing sunlight they clambered back into their rock hovels under the toll bridges with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So.. who's Captain Midnight?

Deliver the scoudrel forthwith so we might pursue our Duels in the Light Of Day!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2002, 05:16:32 AM »
Joe Lucas - prince of Darkness!

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2002, 06:20:46 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Ok... now speak up... who's responsible fer the DA?
So.. who's Captain Midnight?

Deliver the scoudrel forthwith so we might pursue our Duels in the Light Of Day!
Hmm,  someone asked me if I could turn the lights on in the DA, but I only have powers in the SEA so was unable to help... :confused:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2002, 12:36:01 PM »
Actually Hangtime the DA settings are monitored by HTC and I believe they are the only ones with power to change settings in there.  I know there has been a bug lately that has been affecting the DA settings, but I dont know if they found it and fixed it yet.  I did change the SEA the other day to the Dueling terrain and tables when I saw your post about a place to duel.  I was hoping you would see it and use it, but I guess not.  I didnt see you online at the time to tell you about it.  

Look for me if you need me to set the SEA up for your duel again...or ask one of the other CMs if you can.  I am sure nobody would mind putting up the Dueling terrain and tables in the SEA for you real quick if the DA still isnt working correctly.