Author Topic: Reverse Racism  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2002, 01:49:21 PM »
Is that what you think BHM is about? A way for white people to apologize for the something the dead did?

Maniac I have nothing to apologize for Nor do I think blacks deserve an apology.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2002, 01:52:10 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
I like the history part better, who is more guilty in history for racism? blacks or whites?

Blacks, cuz they hate black people too........ ( Chris Rock ) :)

but seriously.... when I was in high school, every year in Black History month, we would flip BACK thru our history books, and learn the SAME stuff we had ALREADY learned earlier in the year about blacks in history. Our history books are full of black history, we don't need another month to learn it again.......... or to remind everyone there is a difference between black and white. how can we be equal when everything is separate.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2002, 01:55:17 PM »
Its always fun to have a bunch of white people arguing about this subject, on an online bbs with no african americans (that i know of?)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Reverse Racism
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2002, 02:04:41 PM »
Whatchoo talkin' bout, white boy? :p
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2002, 02:08:29 PM »
you're black Gunthr?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2002, 02:22:00 PM »
Midnite Tahgut posted "There is a Black History Month because for generations that part of our historical background had been ignored. But don't you worry, you still get 11 months of European History."

I assume he's black.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2002, 02:25:53 PM »
Enlightened people of all races know that "Black History Month" should be quietly removed from all pre-collage curriculums. Black history belongs with the history of all peoples.

Why?

1. There is only one history...

2. The history of all peoples are intertwined, and the history of one people should not be ripped out of that context because it then becomes distorted.

3. Most importantly, in my view, Black History Month as presented in schools actually serves to separate peoples. It is a missed opportunity. It takes blacks out of the "family of man" context and seperates them off by themselves.

Does anyone think that there is a conspiricy to hide black history, or to diminish black people in history necessitating a separate month set aside to study "black" history? That is preposterous in this day and age.

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2002, 02:30:09 PM »
No Animal, I'm not a person of color. :)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2002, 02:32:52 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Midnite Tahgut posted "There is a Black History Month because for generations that part of our historical background had been ignored. But don't you worry, you still get 11 months of European History."

I assume he's black.

Its part of your history too.
Maybe it aint so bad. Ive been watching the History Channel, and learned a few things I didnt know, that I should have.
Maybe if it wasnt "Black History Month" they wouldnt have showed that programing.

Doesnt harm anybody thats for sure.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2002, 02:35:59 PM »
Originally posted by Animal

Its part of your history too.
Maybe it aint so bad. Ive been watching the History Channel, and learned a few things I didnt know, that I should have.
Maybe if it wasnt "Black History Month" they wouldnt have showed that programing.

Doesnt harm anybody thats for sure.

Ahh, I see your point of his post.  Well, it doesn't bother me, as long as they don't try to re-write history, or force me, a tax payer, to pay for some idiotic thing our forefathers did 150 years ago.(Reparations)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2002, 02:42:09 PM »
(by Might1) Maniac I have nothing to apologize for Nor do I think blacks deserve an apology.

sigh

Did you know that the entire State of Indiana was once run by the KKK?

true

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2002, 02:43:17 PM »
Reparations?
AFAIK, its a month to remember and get to know black history, to those who dont know much about it.
At least thats how I see it.

Not some hidden agenda or some way of venting hate.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2002, 02:46:38 PM »
Sorry Rip, but you assumed wrong. When I said "OUR" I meant all Americans.

However, I have posted here before that 2 of my children are black. So I do have a little more insite than the average cracker. :D

(That was a joke.....even liberals have a sense of humor)
:cool:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reverse Racism
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2002, 02:50:25 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
Reparations?
AFAIK, its a month to remember and get to know black history, to those who dont know much about it.
At least thats how I see it.

Not some hidden agenda or some way of venting hate.

But during this month, the local talk shows are all over this reparations thing again...:rolleyes:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Reverse Racism
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2002, 02:55:19 PM »
OK what would have been the PC way of saying it?

I don't care what the "PC" term is.  I'm not remotely PC about it.

It seems to me this whole thread is about keeping score.  In order to do that... some kind of "team" needs to be established and labeled apropriately.

Its quite tiresome actually... yet here we go again.

AKDejaVu