Author Topic: The Great Insulter Goofs.  (Read 1813 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
The Great Insulter Goofs.
« on: February 21, 2002, 02:20:42 PM »
We all know how Lazshole has bashed the CT and us...
Well actually he's been contradicting himself all along...

Lazshole gave the following response to another thread: Problems and Solutions for the Main Arena: (G.D.)

quote:
Originally posted by lazs2
"Oh... and in this huge arena we may be getting.... is there any chance that one small "area" could be used as an early war plane only area?
lazs"

My response to Lazshole:

"I wouldn't mind seeing this either.
But isn't this really a form of limiting the plane set?
Wouldn't it take less SA and skill to fight in such an environment?
There would be less variety of planes to oppose... Yes?
Sounds like a little CT in the middle of the MA...?
Again, your idea is fine, but it sounds like you are contradicting what you have said in the past about the CT.

eskimo"

I just had to share that with you guys.

eskimo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 02:35:46 PM »
Geeze you're an idiot..  I have stated my ideas many times.  you may read my reply to your obvious goof of a post.   Even hblair is aware of my "area arena" idea.   Again... I believe we are hitting on your little "reading comprehension" problem once more.

My reply is in that thread.   basically the limitations of the CT or any "historical" axis vs allied arena with short icons and radar are far greater than an early war "area" with even 6 or so planes.
lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 02:44:49 PM »
LOL
Say whatever you want Lazshole,
LOL
But you want a limited plane set.  
Hehe, LOL
One of the very things you have bashed about the CT.
ROTFLMAO

eskimo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 02:48:07 PM »
For those who might suffer simular reading comprehensions problems..   Parity and choice....

6 early war planes in an early war area is 6 different planes against any of a possible 6 other planes.   All.... with parity.   Quite a few combinations yet with parity.   Choice of 6 planes no mater what "icon" you fly under...   Parity and choice..In the CT or "historical arena's"  you have very few time periods where there is any parity and even then.... very little choice.    Mostly you have very limited planesets with absolutely no parity.... Fantasy history with "perks" used to limit the better planes... not at all parity when you come right down to it and certainly not choice if you don't have perks to spend or find flying superior ac against inferior one distasteful.   No chance for PaC planes to fly against the ETO ones..   No place to go if you don't like the setup except out of the arena..
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 02:52:45 PM »
Suppossedly... the man was a teacher... scares the crap outta ya huh?
lazs

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 02:56:40 PM »
Looks like you struck a nerve Eskimo.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 02:57:58 PM »
These posts just aren't the same with all these replies: This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]  ;)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2002, 02:59:31 PM »
From: Why are guys like Lazs spending so much time reading and posting here?

Originally posted by lazs2 [

Like I said... you can't find me contradicting myself ...

And,

vortex... i believe you have pegged the problem with "historical" arenas where people become easily familiar with the few FM's and even less combinmations. Every fight becomes the same old "moves" with the newer guys simply dying due to lack of experiance. short icons being more realistic as far as "real" SA is concerned is debatable but certainly we can see much better in real life than on a monitor. ...

And,

nuttz.. I agree. with the MA so full you should have(some) numbers. With all the new guys, an arena like the CT with it's simplified SA and easily learned planeset should be a good place for the new guys to break in for the more challenging MA. With the small numbers and infrequent engage3ments and slower pace of the CT, the newbie will be able to ask questions and get help easier. Smaller crowds are more polite crowds as a rule.,

[/B]

LOL
eskimo
« Last Edit: February 21, 2002, 06:35:25 PM by eskimo2 »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2002, 04:30:46 PM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
These posts just aren't the same with all these replies: This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]  ;)

Heheh, i was just thinking the same thing.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2002, 05:24:42 PM »
Eskimo, and Lazs. The debate continues.:D

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2002, 06:12:40 PM »
weird, I have utterly no interest in the seeming main topic of this discussion, but I would like to post my thoughts on something eskimo said:

"With all the new guys, an arena like the CT with it's simplified SA and easily learned planeset should be a good place for the new guys to break in for the more challenging MA. With the small numbers and infrequent engage3ments and slower pace of the CT, the newbie will be able to ask questions and get help easier. Smaller crowds are more polite crowds as a rule.,
"

It did not occur to me before that part of the reason that I enjoy CT more tham MA is that I do use it somewhat as a learning tool, kinda a TA, with no holds barred. I have not only enjoyed the fights (though losing most) many of the nme's I've fought have actually offered advice afterwards. SirLoin & Spec3 in particular.

& I'll go a bit further, CT forces me, rather often, to try to learn A/C that I most probably wouldn't bother trying in MA.

Well, just thought I'd say what I had to say :)

kidcol

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2002, 06:32:09 PM »
Originally posted by kidcol
weird, I have utterly no interest in the seeming main topic of this discussion, but I would like to post my thoughts on something eskimo said:

"With all the new guys, an arena like the CT with it's simplified SA and easily learned planeset should be a good place for the new guys to break in for the more challenging MA. With the small numbers and infrequent engage3ments and slower pace of the CT, the newbie will be able to ask questions and get help easier. Smaller crowds are more polite crowds as a rule.,
"

It did not occur to me before that part of the reason that I enjoy CT more tham MA is that I do use it somewhat as a learning tool, kinda a TA, with no holds barred. I have not only enjoyed the fights (though losing most) many of the nme's I've fought have actually offered advice afterwards. SirLoin & Spec3 in particular.

& I'll go a bit further, CT forces me, rather often, to try to learn A/C that I most probably wouldn't bother trying in MA.

Well, just thought I'd say what I had to say :)

kidcol

kidcol
I gotta give credit to Lazshole on the quote.
I was laughing so hard I flubbed up, the quote Lazs is missing.
Going back to put it in.

LOL

eskimo

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2002, 08:15:57 PM »
LOL Lowe, that was SSSOOO right on! :D :D

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2002, 07:17:35 AM »
Good grief eskimo2, what did ya teach, underwater basket weaving?

Let me make this simple for you.

Historical CT matchup example:

Axis: 109G2, 109G6, 109G10, 190A5, 190A8.
Allied: SpitV, SpitIX, P38, P51B, P51D.
Regardless of your chosen side, your opponents will always be in the same 5 aircraft. 25 matchup possibilities.

Area arena matchup example:

Axis: 109E, A6M2, C202.
Allied: SpitV, P40, F4U-1a.

Since you can fly any aircraft in the set, you may be fighting against any aircraft in said set. Even with just 3 per side, there are 36 possible matchups.

Note: Not responsible for mathematical errors. Mathman wouldn't help me.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2002, 08:22:15 AM »
LOL,
I see Apache,
So 2% of the possible fighter combinations of the MA is limited, but 3% is not?
ROTFLMAO,
You guys are so funny!
LOL

eskimo