Author Topic: Absurd features  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2002, 01:27:43 PM »
I think it's funny how this keeps evolving. Human nature I guess. Anyhow, getting back to what Runny was talking about: If you think there's a problem and you want it fixed you have to consider what the best way to go about that is. If you think that taking a harsh stand is the best way, I can't say as I agree. If you want something "fixed" bring facts, bring a smile, and show how this will make for a better game. Not everyone is going to agree with you. If there was a single "best game ever possible" we'd allready have it.  But for god's sake try to let the facts and ideas prove your case, and not ad hominim attacks.

If you just want to blow off steam, then fine, knock yourself out. But if you actually want to accomplish something, you might want to rethink your process.

If these posts aren't geared at actually making any improvements, you have to wonder why their here at all. :confused:

but putting together an argument is hard work. We can't be having that.  I mean, I would LIKE there to be changes, and I FEEL in my heart of hearts that they are good ideas, but I shouldn't have to actually do any research, or build a case to support my ideas. That would be asking too much of me. I'm the consumer after all. :rolleyes:

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Absurd features
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2002, 01:34:19 PM »
Think what HT was referring to was the BBS.

People posting that "this is &^%$# broke!!!!!" and yet not being able to back up the statement with any proof.

People posting that "this is &^%$# broke!!!!!" and yet not being able to back up the statement with any proof.

6 months later

SKurj +)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Absurd features
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2002, 01:45:28 PM »
Mandoble recently started a thread titled "flying manners". After reading his rant I actually checked to be sure irony was a word in Spanish. Turns out it is. Now he claims that "absurd features" and "100% nonsense" are not whines or negative criticisms. His funniest point is that compliments would inhibit the further development of AH. I suppose his logic, if I may use that term, is that HiTech would declare his work finished without the helpful input of Mandoble and his ilk.

It reminds me of my first week in AH when I heard "Why aren't you stupid morons listening to me?" I won't say who said it, there was more than one 'leader' who found it baffling.

I'm sure many of us realize that AH is not a flawless completely accurate recreation of WW2 air to air and air to ground combat. I'm willing to bet HiTech knows this better than any of his critics. That doesn't change the fact that it's a great sim.

If Mandoble can't understand why posting "Changes I'd like to see in future versions" is more constructive than his current rhetoric then his absurd posts will continue to be 100% nonsense.

--)-FLS----
Musketeers
« Last Edit: February 28, 2002, 02:18:43 PM by FLS »

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Absurd features
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2002, 01:53:00 PM »
Actually I like this game a lot and I hope nothing changes about it

The rooks actually awoke last night and rallied against the knits.

We still lost the war to them by 1 field but it was the most exciting 2 hours I spent flying in a while.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2002, 01:58:02 PM »
You're right, how dare we expect a readable channel one. It is our fault for not squelching it or having our 64name macro ready.

read this thread........

whine on whine how is this making channel 1 more readable?

the beetch counter beetch stuff doesn't shut anyone up .....

if it does tell me who?

Absurd features
present in AH. Not lacks in modeling nor bugs, just 100% nonsenses:

1 - Panzers crashing with trees and exploding ...
2 - GVs and PTs spawning in the same exact point over'n over.
3 - Runaway spawn points leading to unclimbable hills.
4 - Enemy CV groups in front of your fields and no sign at all in the clipboard map.
5 - Add yours.

How would 50 threads with 1 post like this effect your ah game?

What we get now is 50 threads with 100 replies........

I havent seen mandoble on channel 1 but I dont pay much attention. But I have seen gunman26's socrates and this type run there mouths over and over day in day out.....

How have you shut them up..........?

Not only do these anti-whiners whiners do what they accuse but 1 of umm made it a point to start a whole new thread to whine about what he percieved as the worst.

It also funny that the ones who are the most rabid anti-whiners belong to 1 or 2 squads.........kinda makes ya think they just stir the pot..........

oh well your deal play how ya want.......

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Absurd features
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2002, 02:18:18 PM »
Well, let me see.  As extreme cases, Gunman was actually removed if I remember correctly.  I haven't seen Socrates lately, but he usually shut up as soon as someone pointed out he was on the wrong page of his thesaurus.

In normal cases such as headon whines, thisplaneisporked/HTC conspiracy rants, vultch whines, gangbang whines, chuteshooter whines, ack whines, planetheotherguyflies whines, TnB whines, BnZ whines, warp whines and cheater whines, pointing out an individual is acting like an bellybutton is usually sufficient.

To the relevence of the post, ignoring my statement for a moment that the boards were not as bad, much of the attitude carries over into the main arena.  A post stating that aces high is 100% nonsense would in my humble opinion fall into that category.  Though I do agree that Mandoble at least keeps it to the boards as far as I have seen.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Absurd features
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2002, 02:59:03 PM »
It's obvious to me that HT reads the UBB topics and threads.

It's obvious to me that HT has personal feelings like everyone else.

It's obvious to me that to get a feature I want added or changed from HT, I need to have my feature facts straight, fully consider the impact of the feature on the entire community, and then request the feature in such a way that HT will include it into his game development schedule.

How many think HT should drop further coding on v1.09, fix every little bug/glitch/gripe, then never write another line of code so as to avoid anymore bugs?

Lastly how many have read the main HTC webpage?

I distinctly remember sumthin' like; "it's a constantly developing game, that will never be finished."

Sounds like a pretty good "product disclosure statement" to me.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2002, 03:10:41 PM »
gunman26 wasnt removed because you whined back at him.......

when someone ingame calls you an xxxhole xxxx dweeb do then return the favor? and this shuts umm up?

So what someone posted a whiney bbs thread.........:rolleyes:

how often do the socrates gunman26 types post on the board and "then carry it to channel 1" hardly ever.

my only point so what heres a whiney post?

is it better just to ignore him or fill everyone with numerous replies that are mostly name calling?

thats good fer channel 1?

that shuts umm up?

ya ever think they make they post expecting an arguement?

anyway now I am sucked into the hypocracy........

Some things are better left unsaid .................

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Absurd features
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2002, 03:48:46 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Basicly it comes down to when some one is constantly pushing the limit/line of exceptible social behavior over an extended period of time what should be done?

Force them to join the FDB's:)

NUTTZ

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Absurd features
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2002, 03:56:33 PM »
Look, I never said anyone couldn't whine, just that if they do they don't do so in a vaccuum (though they should, it would be appreciated if they did).  If someone makes an absurd claim (like you spitdweebs should fly a hard plane, like the dora), then do not be suprised of someone points out the idiocy of the comment.  If someone screams about being HO'd, do not be suprised if they're mocked for thinking they get a free merge pass.

If inane claims are made, on the boards or in the game, expect them to be refuted.  And yes when they are completely baseless it will be pointed out that it is nothing more than a hollow whine.

Gunman26 was booted because people as a whole did not like his outbursts, so yes, it was as a result of whine-whining as its been called.  I actually never had a real problem with gunman's outbursts though.  I don't remember ever calling him out on channel 1, so I can hardly claim resposibility for his removal.  I certainly understand why HTC would do it though.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Absurd features
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2002, 03:56:58 PM »
nah.. force Fatty's mom on 'em.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2002, 04:26:03 PM »
There is a big difference between offering constructive criticism and being on some kind of sick mission to highlight every little burp in gameplay with the delivery of a spoiled grade school student.

Read the above carefully.........now read it again.

I have never stated that we as a community should hold our tongues and goose step behind HTC's every move. What I have said, is that to post complaint after complaint using adjectives like absurd, nonsense or capping off your post with add yours[b/] like your trying to solicit more of the same, reminds me of the old addage...Misery Loves Company.

In addition, there are specific forums for the very purpose of reporting bugs and/or problems to the developer. Post there? Absolutely not!!! I think I'll just crawl over to the General Forum and force feed my stink to anyone who will listen!

After 11 years, I have grown tired of negative crap offered by ungrateful, holier than tho critics, who have nothing better to do than spout crap out of their mouths.

I used to enjoy reading the forums and never even posted anything until the whining got so bad that I thought if I put the spotlight on whining, someone might see just how unproductive it really is....that little adventure became depressing.

And the worst part is this.....sadly, it will never change.

That is why this player is of the opinion, that if he owned the boat, I'de feed some of you to the sharks and never even look back. But, I don't own the boat, so I will just add those people to the ignore list and squelch channel 1.

Hey HT...push the button!

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2002, 04:30:34 PM »
this is typical thread that brings out the anti-whine gestapo

mandoble dislikes the fact pnzrs explode when they bump a tree.....and a list of others

I really could careless about his points.

Gunman26 I assume was reported to htc and if he was booted it happened in that fashion not as a result of folks telling him he is stupid or should shut up.

I dunno why hes gone but I would bet it aint because folks told him they didn't like him or called him many names or folks told him to quit.

But even so look at this thread and the others like it. Your telling me its a "civic duty" to reply to to it........

bs................

Hes been branded whinoble (or whatever) told he should quit ah and other things and you believe this is a perfect way to deal with problems on channel 1? or to move ah community to level of greater civility?

And ignoring him is the wrong thing?..............ok :rolleyes:

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2002, 04:35:50 PM »
so "whine of the week" was also a civil responsibility..........

lol bs

no one forces you to click on to a topic posted by someone you already know has issues with aspects ah.

It wasn't like you were walking through a field of daisies and accidentally stepped in horseshite.........

Theres an ignore feature but it easier to whine back..........

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Absurd features
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2002, 04:48:52 PM »
Wotan.....

You're close.....it really wasn't like walking thru a field of daisies and stepping in a pile of horseshite. It was more like having the same horseshite talk to you, all the while, knowing that horseshite is not supposed to be able to talk, but yet everytime I walk thru this field of daisies, theres the same old horseshite trying to make a point.

Weird isn't it?