Author Topic: Beet1e, whats your agenda?  (Read 558 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Beet1e, whats your agenda?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2002, 10:36:24 AM »
Horn - where can I find these maps?

Ripsnort - yes, WB was my first online sim. v2.01 was the first release that I flew from the beginning, though I joined a few weeks before it came out.  I still have my whines about it saved as .DOC files!  I was just as cantankerous then as now - LOL!  I've .ZIPped it up for you...

Offline maddog1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2002, 10:47:33 AM »
Hey... Welcome beet1e.....

What more can we do.... HT even put clouds and overcast in to make you UK people feel more at home...........:D

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2002, 10:47:53 AM »
Nice car Rip,  too bad its a "Bimmer"......;)

Monk out

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2002, 11:06:49 AM »
Originally posted by Monk
Nice car Rip,  too bad its a "Bimmer"......;)

Monk out

Poor mans Porsche. :D

So Scrambl, WB's is what your used to then in terms of an online WW2 flight sim, no?  Again, read my initial post about 'comfort zones'.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2002, 11:33:15 AM »
Ripsnort,

We’re rapidly reaching the point where we’re about to start defining/redefining meanings of words etc.  

Of course I was “used to” the WB community. But even before that, people online were helpful.  As I said in one of MY earlier posts, I’ve met hundreds – at four different Cons and in as many different countries. I’m starting to get to know a few people here now. But unfortunately the ones posting here I rarely see online. Am I "used to" the AH online community?
  • Getting no 6-call (and no help of any kind) when surrounded by about ten “friendlies” within icon range when there's a con hard on my heels? I’m certainly not used to that.
  • Being told that it doesn’t matter if I die because it’s just a game? Nope, not used to that either.
  • Saving a guy’s arse and then having him ignore me? Never knew that, so I'm not used to it.
  • Being chastised by a guy whose life I had just saved? That was a definite first right here in AH. I'm not used to it.
  • Being told to RTFM or Alt+F4 or simply to shove off when trying to get help? I am not used to that.
Ripsnort is right. I am not used to the AH online community at all.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2002, 11:40:12 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Ripsnort,

We’re rapidly reaching the point where we’re about to start defining/redefining meanings of words etc.  

Of course I was “used to” the WB community. But even before that, people online were helpful.  As I said in one of MY earlier posts, I’ve met hundreds – at four different Cons and in as many different countries. I’m starting to get to know a few people here now. But unfortunately the ones posting here I rarely see online. Am I "used to" the AH online community?
  • Getting no 6-call (and no help of any kind) when surrounded by about ten “friendlies” within icon range when there's a con hard on my heels? I’m certainly not used to that.
  • Being told that it doesn’t matter if I die because it’s just a game? Nope, not used to that either.
  • Saving a guy’s arse and then having him ignore me? Never knew that, so I'm not used to it.
  • Being chastised by a guy whose life I had just saved? That was a definite first right here in AH. I'm not used to it.
  • Being told to RTFM or Alt+F4 or simply to shove off when trying to get help? I am not used to that.
Ripsnort is right. I am not used to the AH online community at all. [/B]

Well, in all fairness, we've had AH guys go over to WB's and encounter the exact same thing there..Gman is a Canadian who posted exactly a report like yours in AGW and was flamed for it.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2002, 12:17:14 PM »
scrmbl the guys that offer help on the boards usually have been here awhile and aren't in game as much as the others.

We have had a rapid growth over the last few tours. All the manners of old seem to have gotten buried somewhere.

Clearing a guys six for 1 even if you had dissagreements with a guy he would clear your six.

6 calls I honestly think I got more of those when folks had to type check 6 in the buffer then now.

Rarely are there S! and every smart bellybutton likes to say hit "alt-f4" for every question ya have.

Shooting at nme already goinf down ib flames has reached new heights as well.

I logged off the main the other day and aint been bac. I was missing a wingtip and a spit was in on me. There was 4 friendlies from d1.5k to 4k. I got few check 6s by not even the slightest attempt to clear my 6. They just flew by. by luc I reached my ack somehow missing the guys spray and pray. Ack must of hit him cause he started smokin then 3 guys jumped all  over him.

Luckily when I fly I usually fly with my squadmates.

Only advice I can give ya is hook up with a few guys and help each other.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2002, 12:37:42 PM »
Some thoughts:

This thread is turning into a bottomless pit.

Last night there were 30+ new players online.  With new advertising coming this way you can plan on seeing servers holding alot more than 400 peeps at once.   You had better find a tight group of buds and stick with em cause AH is getting ready to burst wide open.  

scrmble err...beet1e must be flying rook.  rooks suck as far as people are concerned.  Nits arent a whole lot better but the bish I fly with are straight up.  Always helping out.  Lots of s and 6calls when Im on.  WTfG BiSh!!

Also, I sensed some disrespect towards we players in AH coming from beet1e err....scrmble in the offending AGW thread.  I know Im not the only one that picked up on it.  Perhaps there is a underlying reason that no one seems to want to be nice and lovey dovey with the guy online.  Not a slam.  Im just participating in the discussion, honestly :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2002, 12:42:03 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2002, 01:41:35 PM »
I don't get what you guys are talkin about....I get loved on all the time in Bishland...six calls, folks savin my butt and just general good info.....................oh wait........................I only fly with my squadmates.:)

Seriously, I can only speak of what its like in Bishland....folks really are helpful here...lotsa 6 calls, good tactical info and just a general effort to help out.

Whoever is whinin, beetle of scrmbl or whoever, perhaps reapin what ya sow could change things for ya....of course, it's always easier to poop on the other person rather than look to yourself eh?

I flew in WB's since the CK days....when you first began in WB's, you were less cynical...now that you are used to being known in WB's and come here where you are a dweeb again, I'm not suprised you're unhappy. Think about it...from what pool of personal experience can you draw from where there are 4-500 folks online(a large percentage are new), and you attempt to compare it to WB's....not a valid or fair comparison.

I'm so busy tryin to stay alive and get my kills, I don't even know who you are other than what I've seen on this board. Why not say hi every once and awhile while online...betcha if I'm not engaged, you'll get a Heyas from me and my squad along with the majority of other Bishops as well.:)

It's a new gig for ya....why not give out what ya want back?

As for Rip, he can't help himself...he drives the little BMW:)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2002, 01:53:14 PM »
Originally posted by Rude

As for Rip, he can't help himself...he drives the little BMW:)

But its so fun! :) (and beats virtual racing everyday!)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2002, 02:26:56 PM »
hehe - all this, out of a silly joke on the WB-AGW board :D

Yeager is right - it's going on and on.  And I read crtch='s thread about WB disunity in WB3. I think it's all down to the payment policy. In the days when we paid $2 to play WB, no-one wasted their time with stupid stuff. With large monthly bills, people were dedicated enthusiasts. Of course, people experimented as a means of gaining experience, but you tended not to see what I saw earlier in the MA - an F4U that brought two bombs to the enemy field, and dived in despite four hostile planes around him. Sure enough, he was dead soon after. Now that we're paying only $14.95/mo to play AH or $25/mo to play WB3, the charges are not sufficient to keep the riffraff at bay! But that's OK. The CT is growing on me. The quakers soon get bored in there.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2002, 02:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
- an F4U that brought two bombs to the enemy field, and dived in despite four hostile planes around him.  

HAY!

That's *my* strategy! Quit tellin people! ;)

dh

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2002, 03:08:16 PM »
...the charges are not sufficient to keep the riffraff at bay!

Interesting comment coming from someone decrying the "unfriendly community.";)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2002, 03:16:52 PM »
Ripsnort I thought I told you guys to stay off my driveway.

Mebbe I should charge you guys for the privy...

hrrmph....

Beet1e,

AH is turning out to be uniquely unique amongst the MMOGs.  It has the largest cross section of styles and players in the genre.  It has its bad moments of course but the future should be interesting.  Over time you will recognize who to hang with and who to let hang (no hangtime pun intended).

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2002, 03:43:55 PM »
my guess is that beetle (and others) started WB with a different attitude than when starting AH.

that may have something to do with the response from the (perceived) community.  Also, with the influx of so many people (when have you seen numbers like this in WB???) there are bound to be more of the 'less-friendly' types.

just a mirror or society.  When you have more apples to choose from, you'll find more rotten apples.
Conversely, you'll find more good people too.  Just take a little time, look a little deeper.

IMO in the MA there is just less time to converse, help out, etc.

reason???              so many cons, so little time !!!

Welcome to AH