Author Topic: Beet1e, whats your agenda?  (Read 555 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Beet1e, whats your agenda?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2002, 03:59:36 PM »
Originally posted by maddog1
Hey... Welcome beet1e.....

What more can we do.... HT even put clouds and overcast in to make you UK people feel more at home...........:D  

LOL...good humour here at least, no?

Welcome beet1e...lemme know if I can help you in any way...then I'll forward your question to Ripsnort for the answer!

;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Hamish

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2002, 04:43:23 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
hehe - all this, out of a silly joke on the WB-AGW board :D
--Snip--
Now that we're paying only $14.95/mo to play AH or $25/mo to play WB3, the charges are not sufficient to keep the riffraff at bay! But that's OK. The CT is growing on me. The quakers soon get bored in there.

Well, no flame or anything here, but in defense of the F4U, he might have been on a mission, and his objective might have been to drop that ord on a target, so he sacrificed himself for the mission, who knows? but, he also might have just said heck with it, i'm droppin my  bombs on that target, and will sort out the cons after. The beauty of AH, WB etc is that it's your plane, your entertainment, to do what you please. I disagree with lumping people that do this into a "Riffraff" stereotype. I flew Wb before i came to AH, enjoyed Wb while i was there, but found AH to my liking back in 1.03. I'm certainly not a great pilot, prolly not even "Mediocre" , but i fly to have fun, and enjoy the game. I'm sorry your start in Ah wasn't the most friendly, I was blessed with having a great guy introduce me to some really good people, and i've been with that squad since i started. There's always going to be a percentage of the "community" that are not the most hospitable, that's a part of the game. That's part of life :) My only advice would be to find a group of people that you get along with, and don't worry about the rest. Welcome to AH tho, and i hope you find people to fly with that suit your playing style.

enjoy,

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2002, 05:28:23 PM »
Hammy's just hoping you'll buy him a beer...
jk

oh.. wait..

buy me one instead :)

Offline Mino

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2002, 02:42:08 AM »
This game would suck with no possibility of HO attacks.  

AW was that way.  Every time a C47 would turn into a fighter, use its fake frontal armor for an impenatrable defense, my belief was absolutely stunned.

The HO adds such a vast amount of tactics, strategy and options.  Truly makes the game more fun.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Waaa Apache why'd you post AWG addr?
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2002, 04:29:14 AM »
So I went over there.. Got all wispy eyed when I saw posts by my old CO No6.

On his sig he's got the url for the 4th Fighter Group... Haven't checked his page in years. No6 and Snake-eyes are the only names I  remember.  

They're still flying.

He's got graphics of all the old scenearos Kiel, Fortress Germany, Solomans Solomans 2...

(sob)

He's even got old AARs from 1995 my name is still on the list.

Heh.. I noticed on one of his posts he wishes IEN would build a W.Germany map that includes Berlin.

(waaaaaa shhhh cowboys don't cry)

Oh I'm gonna have to send Micheal a note.. Beetle can you do me a favor an say hello to No6 from =Bear=?