Author Topic: Get rid of auto 6-call  (Read 799 times)

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2002, 04:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
The auto 6 call is just way too gamey.  No one squeaked about not having it.  

If I'm not mistaken (and I rarely am), this feature was implemented at the request of a number of players.

For example:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9263
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2002, 04:18:31 PM »
I like the auto 6 call feature.

I see no need to disable it.

Many have asked to be able to squelch the range section of voice, and if this comes to pass, we will need the auto 6 call feature.

The only one I would suspect to be wanting it disabled is someone (a B&Z'er) who has seen his ability to bounce others reduced.  Sure, lets put a damper on teamwork so a few can get a couple more kills. (yeah, right)

Keep the 6 calls, let the B&Z guys learned to turnfight.  :)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2002, 06:47:09 PM »
SHIVER ME TIMBERS   ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Myelo...

all them guys are dweebs.

Dago,

I can phurr ball popsicle dance in spits with the best of them.  However, I find it terribly boring.  Id much rather sneak up on you and give you my regards that-a-way.  Much more interesting and fulfilling........

Face it, the auto 6call is for "lazy" phatt dumb basturdz!  You have the voice man, USE IT.

Another thing, I aint gonna call yer 6 AND give you a auto 6.  You had better be on comms or be sh*t outta luck :)  As for me, I keep my 6 cleared without the charity of others (oooh)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2002, 07:14:16 PM »
The language barrier is an issue with AHVoice.  I gave a verbal warning to a Japanese player and he didn't react at all.  20 seconds later, I gave the "Check 6" and he reacted, just not quick enough to live.  Now if I'd given the "Check 6" first, maybe he would have been able to do something.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2002, 08:08:26 PM »
You have the voice man, USE IT.

Oh sure, and have even more players than just my squadmates making fun of my voice.  :)

The language barrier is an issue with AHVoice. I gave a verbal warning to a Japanese player and he didn't

Another good point.

However, I find it terribly boring. Id much rather sneak up on you and give you my regards that-a-way. Much more interesting and fulfilling........

Proves the point then doesnt it Yeager?  You only want the auto 6 call disabled to help you sneak up on others.  Your message has nothing to do with anything other than your blood lust and desire for points!  Sheesh!  You would call for a handy feature to be disabled for your own benefit.  How about we just add a new feature, maybe say, all other planes guns jam when you near them?   :)

Really Yeager, I never knew you were such a greedy weenier!   hahhahhahahahhahahaha

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2002, 09:07:30 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
The auto 6 call is just way too gamey.  

Yeah, and auto-tuning radio recievers based on range for vox is so much less gamey........

Atleast I can understand the wav file, I have a helluva time understanding things coming over vox.

Plus, with a 56K modem vox is one thing I don't need hogging my bandwidth.

Besides, the fact that you fly an opportunistic Pee51 negates any argument you could ever possibly come up with.
-SW

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2002, 09:09:50 PM »
Karnak.

Damn fine point!  I is pursauded!

Perhaps we should lobby for language correct 6 calls ;)

Dago

Im not greedy.  Truth  is I have been lazsified.  I am finding my own things to squeak about but I doubt I could squeak about "everything" as pursuasively as lazs.  Still...Im gonna try it for a few days and see if I can dig it "groovular like"....

Truth is there is an  overlap between using range voice comms
for calling 6 and just using the auto feature.  Ive already found
my preference for simply calling them and hoping the fella at least has his speakers turned on ;)

Ive actually found that Im enjoying listening to whats going on around me with other peeps.  Folks are fine and no smak talk (so far).  Definately gives a good sense comradship and shared plight but I do feel for folks that game with such piss poor groups of people that they dont want to be plugged in to the comms going on around them.  Tis S A D
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2002, 10:09:28 PM »
Nice Troll Yeager!  :)

Anyway, the "recorded" 6 call is essential for gameplay that is fair and just for all.  Not everyone has a mic, or a perfect soundcard, or knows 30 international languages.  Ever consider someone who might be disabled - no voice or speech?  Didn't think so.
Now that I have AHvoice configured, had RW Wilco before, I use voice more often than not.  BUT, I still use the key, every once in a while-if I am busy.  

Can I suggest a "Sharp Cheddar or Roquerford" with that...whine?

K-KEN

http://www.cutthroats.com/

« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 10:12:29 PM by K-KEN »

Offline Vruth

• Copper Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2002, 10:44:31 PM »
I think Yeager has a very strong point...

What would you rather hear....

"Check Six"

OR....

"K-Ken, this is V, you've got a low 109 4 oclock low, he's gaining out you quick. "

Hmm, the check6 tells me JACK. In a busy arena, I ALWAYS get bogus 6 calls from guys accidentally sending one to me intended for someone else.   And I ALWAYS yell out to guys in range "Hammy, 205 lo your 3 ohh. I'll swing around and try to rope him."

I'll take 'Voice Comms' for 1000 Alex.

V.

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2002, 10:45:26 PM »
OK Yeag... howzabout this...
If I don't want to piss off the wifey when I fly late nights while she sleeps, I need to keep the auto 6 call for that, and the voice comm for realism when I CAN use it. (I'm not moving my machine out to the kitchen.. I don't care what you say!)    Seems like a simple equation.  

The auto 6call killed honest hard working SA and no one can argue against this.  
 Uh, well, maybe you're right.. 6 calls had to be sent in morse code in RL.  Oops... that's not right.... hmmmm... let's see.... look, click, call.  Seems simple enough, and not THAT far off RL.  And in RL they didn't have to click through several names to get the right one.  Seems like no real point here.  :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2002, 10:53:41 PM by Skorpyon »

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2002, 12:25:53 AM »
OK, lets get our plan straight guys....

So...we're all going to flood Yeager with check-6 calls every second of every minute we see him online, until he closes his account or goes on a killin spree at a McDonalds, right?

:eek:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2002, 01:58:44 AM »
I gather Sandman is FRENCH & he doesn't want us to hear his awfull accent on AHV :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2002, 02:42:24 AM »
check6 call is historically accurate

i dont think that someone would have gotten bounced in the type of furballl the MA has without being told there was someone on his 6
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2002, 10:27:29 AM »
Hey Bike Killa..."repeat please"

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline AKEagle+

• Copper Member
Get rid of auto 6-call
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2002, 11:16:35 AM »
Does Yeager get the "Whine of the Week" for this post or the "Troll of the Month"?????

I nearly laughed til I passed out over Yeager calling using the 6 Call "Cheating".  :D

Freakin too funny Yeager! You crack me up! :)

AKEagle+