Author Topic: You gotta be freakin kidding me....  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
You gotta be freakin kidding me....
« on: March 20, 2002, 11:25:52 AM »
http://www.washtimes.com/world/20020320-167972.htm

World tax my ass!:mad:

We already have to worry about a couple hundred crooks in our congress, why would we want to worry about a whole worlds worth of American haters having the power to tax anything in our country?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 11:30:44 AM »
We are already being taxed for foreign aid.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 11:57:48 AM »
We should tax the world for giving them "Iron Fist" support.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 12:03:26 PM »
When did the US ever particpate in a war that wasn't in there own best interest?  Iraq should pay for your military to kick it's ass??  Go IRON FIST!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 12:07:14 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
When did the US ever particpate in a war that wasn't in there own best interest?  Iraq should pay for your military to kick it's ass??  Go IRON FIST!!

negative, Canada should pay us for them not being invaded yet in the last 50 years., Mexico for that matter too.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 12:12:34 PM »
Hey Rip, are you familiar with Canada's Nato obligations over the past 50 years?  Or that of western Europes...hell even the US's?

On top of that, do you think that the US military was always as good as it is now for the whole last 50 years.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 12:14:32 PM »
When did the US ever particpate in a war that wasn't in there own best interest?

Normally Thrawn I admire your passion and your politics, however this statement is just plain silly. When has anyone gone to war when it wasn't in their own best interests?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 12:20:18 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Normally Thrawn I admire your passion and your politics, however this statement is just plain silly. When has anyone gone to war when it wasn't in their own best interests?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Probably never.  But an American suggested that the rest of world should pay a tax to the US, for Operation: IRON FIST SUPPORT.

Not slammin' American's here, I just think that rip went a bit far.  The US supports other nations for their own self interest, the rest of the world shouldn't have to pay for this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2002, 12:22:50 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 12:33:22 PM »
Thrawn, I went too far in asking the opposite of the ridiculous 'world tax'...in other words, if they're going to ask for a world tax, we should ask for back payment for military build up that kept the Communists out of most of Western Europe, one ridiculous request deserves another in reply (as speaking to them, not you)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2002, 12:38:07 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort

negative, Canada should pay us for them not being invaded yet in the last 50 years., Mexico for that matter too.

:D

I seem to remember that the US DID try to invade Canada once....during the War of 1812 - but it was more than 50 years ago.  

I think Rip is just bitter that Canada didn't pay to have the White House rebuilt after they followed the retreating US army and burned it down!

;)

:p
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2002, 12:52:57 PM »
World Tax?  pffffft

I would like to see Mexico try and collect....

- GW- "Let's see Mr. Vincente...you owe us like billions of dollars and you want us to pay what????"
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2002, 12:53:55 PM »
Don't get me started! Who supplied Britain in her darkest hour with her unlimited resources?  Who rebuilt Germany and Japan after helping to win the war?  Want more?  Who has given out more money to just about every country in the world in terms of loans, or charity?  and THEY have the nerve to say the rich countries like the US should be taxed...:eek:

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2002, 01:03:30 PM »
Thrawn, I went too far in asking the opposite of the ridiculous 'world tax'...in other words, if they're going to ask for a world tax, we should ask for back payment for military build up that kept the Communists out of most of Western Europe, one ridiculous request deserves another in reply (as speaking to them, not you)

Gotcha rip, me stoopid, my apologies.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2002, 01:07:08 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Gotcha rip, me stoopid, my apologies.

On the contrary, my friend, you are smart in forcing me to be more clear on my opinionated opinion! :)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2002, 01:08:13 PM »
Don't get me started! Who supplied Britain in her darkest hour with her unlimited resources?  Who rebuilt Germany and Japan after helping to win the war?  Want more?  Who has given out more money to just about every country in the world in terms of loans, or charity?  and THEY have the nerve to say the rich countries like the US should be taxed...:eek:

Ugh, now I'm going to be a jerk again.:(

It could be argued that Britain's darkest hour was during the BoB.  And Britain paid for every bit of materiel it recieved from the US.  Please, I don't mean any disrespect to you.  I'm trying to deminish the US's contribution to the Allies during WW2 nor could I if I wanted to.