Author Topic: New film March 21  (Read 713 times)

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New film March 21
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2002, 01:25:40 AM »
Bunch of uncultured boors.

Put one of Brahms' Hungarian Dances or one of Dvorak's Slavonic Dances and MAYBE it would be good.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2002, 01:31:49 AM »
Originally posted by Nath[BDP]
Put one of Brahms' Hungarian Dances or one of Dvorak's Slavonic Dances and MAYBE it would be good.

Preferably Brahms' Hungarian Dances #3 or Dvorak's Slavonic Dances #1.  Though it would sound quite good set to Beethoven's 5th Symphony, 4th movement I think.

Or maybe we could go for a more somber effect with Palestrina?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New film March 21
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2002, 01:37:41 AM »
Very well said DMF. I agree unequivocally about #3.

HOWEVER, I must disquisition on the Palestrina suggestion. Since I assume that you are referring to one of his vocal madriagal/motet pieces, it would not fit this film here. Although it would make a film of B17s being shot down consummate; since the subdued effect of the piece would go along with the simulation of a B17 crew being shredded by 30mm cannons.

Cya at the pops!

Nath
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2002, 01:43:46 AM »
borrow one of your moms cds and make your own show us how its done........

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2002, 01:48:41 AM »
Very well said DMF. I agree unequivocally about #3.
[/B]

Indeed!  It'd be great if Wotan could cue up his vulching with the robust aspects of that piece, though that could be asking too much.  Still, it's worth trying.

HOWEVER, I must disquisition on the Palestrina suggestion. Since I assume that you are referring to one of his vocal madriagal/motet pieces, it would not fit this film here. Although it would make a film of B17s being shot down consummate; since the subdued effect of the piece would go along with the simulation of a B17 crew being shredded by 30mm cannons.
[/B]

Specifically I was thinking of Palestrina's Adoramus Te, though using that could well be too introspective and depressing.  A more upbeat piece might be Bach's 2nd Brandenburg Concerto, 3rd movement (Allegro Assai).  That would move Wotan's film away from the really heavy-handed religious element of Beethoven's 9th Symphony, 5th movement to a more upbeat sort of vulching experience.  What are your thoughts?

Cya at the pops!
[/B]

Seeya there!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
New film March 21
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2002, 01:51:22 AM »
I'll make one with Willbus flying a Spit.
Song "OOops!" by britney spears will be the background...

COMMING SOON!
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New film March 21
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2002, 02:18:18 AM »
After reviewing the film again, DMF, pervicaciously believe that one of Bach's counterpoint pieces would go along with Wotan's highly somber piece and flying. The counterpoint technique of the piece would fortify the sense of one-on-one air combat, as counterpoint (for the musically definition challenged) note-against-note. Polyphonic music would suit this piece like none other.

Thus my final recommendation is Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 1 in C Major, Forlane.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 02:50:34 AM by Nath[BDP] »
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
New film March 21
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2002, 02:36:34 AM »
I recommend you lose the thesaurus.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2002, 02:55:42 AM »
After reviewing the film again, DMF, pervicaciously believe that one of Bach's counterpoint pieces would go along with Wotan's highly somber piece and flying. The counterpoint technique of the piece would fortify the sense of one-on-one air combat, as counterpoint (for the musically defination challenged) note-against-note. Polyphonic music would suit this piece like none other.
[/B]

Hm.  Now that you mention it, Bach's use of counterpoint would indeed be an effective accent for Wotan's vulching... or for that matter, any sort of air combat.  In particular, a 1v1 might best be described by any of Bach's concertos or suites in this respect, though I feel that the Brandenburg Concerto #1, movement 1 lacks the sort of ending counterpoint necessary to accent a 1v1 encounter.  Still, it could work for a vulching mission, but beyond that I'd hesitate to consider it.

Thus my final recommendation is Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 1 in C Major, Forlane.

A fine choice, indeed.  Do you think that Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #5 might also be suitable?  It's a bit "light," so to speak, but it could work.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
New film March 21
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2002, 03:00:41 AM »
Playing around some more.

Bombing (3.8MB)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2002, 03:22:04 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Playing around some more.

Wagner?!?  Brahms would have a fit.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New film March 21
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2002, 03:27:54 AM »
Wagner!?!? Try 'Tonight' from West Side Story (Bernstein). It would fit the lameness of American planes! German Ubermenschen composers should NOT be associated with such unappealing aircraft.

Too, Wagner just doesn't blend with American planes. Plus, Wagner is a little to in-your-face for me; his stuff becomes boring quick. The thunder is there, so to speak, but it's lacking overall appeal. Probably because it was written for an opera.

Oh well, Wagner's Symphonies suck as well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 03:30:13 AM by Nath[BDP] »
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New film March 21
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2002, 04:01:02 AM »
What's with all the streaming meadia?

I can't rip your films off and build a library out of streaming media!

I have film of Todd and Nath flying if any one want's to put it to music  - "I'm a Barbie gurl" would seem to be strangely appropriate.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
New film March 21
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2002, 06:56:06 AM »
because of the size of the films seeker mave's is 31 mb. Most email accounts have a limit. the ack one I did is 9 mb the other is 11.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
New film March 21
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2002, 08:14:48 AM »
I can't get the films to stream worth a flock with my 50k connection. Somebody post a movie I can download please. BTW, how many minutes is the 31 meg film?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2002, 08:21:51 AM by hblair »