Author Topic: Down time adjustment question...  (Read 472 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Down time adjustment question...
« on: March 22, 2002, 11:22:55 AM »
Apparently, the only way to adjust downtime of objects in the 1.09 era is through the TE.  Anyone know how to do this?  More importantly, can anyone tell me what it is for the Europe terrain that's on the download page at hitechcreations.com?  Need an answer ASAP for this weekend's CT set up, Battle of Britain.  Thanks in advance.

Sabre
CT Team
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2002, 11:54:52 AM »
Sabre , you sure you can't adjust it? I know you can if you open up a H2h map. Surely you should be able to do it on your end.

IF you can't only the person who has ALL the files ( made the map) can.

NUTTZ

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 01:52:32 PM »
HiTech was quite explicit about this point, Nuttz.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that arena setting isn't even in the set up menu anymore.  The saving grace may in fact be that the Europe terrain predates 1.09.  Since the base downtime is set in the terrain, it may just be that it is already at the 20 or thirty minutes it was before 1.09 came out.  Brady is testing it off line as I type this, so we'll know shortly.

Sabre
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 05:44:17 PM »
Problem for me is most of my posting is from work, as i'm always at the computer. No AH or i'll NEVER get any work done, so i try to answer questions from memory which is already saturated.

I haven't played with down times yet, I know you could change them before, I'll have to recheck the new TE and see. If Hitech himself said it can't be changed, then I would bet the house you can't. It just seams strange HTC would take this option away, unless he has something else up his sleeve.

NUTTZ

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: Down time adjustment question...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2002, 10:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by Sabre
Apparently, the only way to adjust downtime of objects in the 1.09 era is through the TE.  Anyone know how to do this?  More importantly, can anyone tell me what it is for the Europe terrain that's on the download page at hitechcreations.com?  Need an answer ASAP for this weekend's CT set up, Battle of Britain.  Thanks in advance.

Sabre
CT Team

1) Did you get the info you needed about this Europe terrain Sabre.  
It wouldn't take that long to figure out.  I'll look at it.

2) DownTime adjustment is still available in H2H but maybe the Host for the online CT can't make adjustments so that people who join that arena will know nothing underhanded is going on like can be done in the H2H.

3) DownTime in the TE can be adjust but like Nuttz said "only the person who has ALL the files ( made the map) can. "

If you have the files then just change the DownTime number.
-1 in the downtime I guess is the default setting, change this to any number you want.  Number enter will be in seconds.  ( 10minutes = 600 seconds )

Note: this would have to be done for everthing and will seem like a life time to do because 1 field could have about 50 or more items.  Unless you do the changes in the group first then place these groups.

Pokie

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 10:11:07 AM »
There is still the global down time adjustment. Adjustment in the terrain editor is still posible, but with the new system I would sugest you do not adjust individual hardness except in very special cases, because this over rides any object type adjustments.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2002, 10:49:21 AM »
Sabre.... and HiTech

There is a major problem with the AHEUROPE terrain.

If all the information about whats required for the terrains is true then this terrain has problems.

1) has no headquarters at all
2) has no knight fields
3) has no knight (country 2) country fields ( I guess country stuff wouldn't be required as long as you have the headquarters )

Pokie
« Last Edit: March 23, 2002, 10:59:03 AM by pokie »

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2002, 11:41:08 AM »
Pokie In the CT they are using only 2 sides, From the information i gathered , You need to have a HQ for all 3 teams and at least 1 field, or the map resets.  I could be wrong but this is the guidelines I have been using.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by pokie
Sabre.... and HiTech

There is a major problem with the AHEUROPE terrain.

If all the information about whats required for the terrains is true then this terrain has problems.

1) has no headquarters at all
2) has no knight fields
3) has no knight (country 2) country fields ( I guess country stuff wouldn't be required as long as you have the headquarters )

Pokie

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2002, 12:16:38 PM »
from my expirence (KOTH), you just need 2 fields per country, a HQ is not needed if your wanting to cap bases

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2002, 12:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover
from my expirence (KOTH), you just need 2 fields per country, a HQ is not needed if your wanting to cap bases

I would agree with you BenDover but this is ok for H2H but not for online.

The Wild2k2B required 3 Headquarters, 1 for each Country and you needed at least 1 Field for each Country.

Pokie

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2002, 12:33:17 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
Pokie In the CT they are using only 2 sides, From the information i gathered , You need to have a HQ for all 3 teams and at least 1 field, or the map resets.  I could be wrong but this is the guidelines I have been using.
NUTTZ

That's right Nuttz that's why Sabre better check this out
 Need an answer ASAP for this weekend's CT set up, Battle of Britain. Thanks in advance.
Sabre
CT Team
if they plan to use this online.

P.S   Sabre the DownTimes are all default settings as listed in the http://www.hitechcreations.com/map.html#targets

Pokie