Author Topic: Gangbanging Theater?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2002, 04:21:46 AM »
I dont want to do this shane :D but it has to be said. Im a FW flyer!!.

Originally posted by Shane
lol, no you fool, my "trash-talking" is 95% directed at gangers, the remaining 4% to lamer runners in (usually in FW's and la7's) and 1% at those who are simply too timid to even try in a game of aggression.  ;)

use the 1 remaining braincell you have to figure it out what i mean by hypocritical.

:p

as i said I canna' let this one go.I dont really get what youre on about but I cannot believe you have the cheek to say  Focke Wulf flyers are 'lamer runners' when your main ride is the RUNSTANG!!!!. you say he has to work out what you mean by hypocritical? I think we can all do that:

Tour 26 Shane:

Model type Kills In Kills Of
P-51D 163 21  
Model type Killed By Died In
P-51D 10 67

nothing against flying planes to their strengths but COME ON!! :D
are you serious????? lol
« Last Edit: March 28, 2002, 04:41:03 AM by hazed- »

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2002, 06:16:58 AM »
I'd agree there's MA-ish gangbang-ism in the CT if...

* the numbers are like 26 to 12
* CV parked in front of the coast, Hurricanes being 'resupplied' to the fight scene every second instantly
* Naturally at advantage at lower alts, E-4s rarely get to enter fights on their alt of choice(15-18k).

But even if this is the case, if people are really in want of good organization and retaliation, they can scramble from other bases and group up before jumping into the hoarde. It's not like there are super-planes here. Everybody admits 'planesets well matched'.

The term 'gangbang' in CT is legitimate only  with bad balance of numbers. Other than this, all those who get gangbanged most likely bring it upon themselves.

The case Raub complained about seems to be of the bad-balance in numbers, CV parked right in front of A21 and A20, massive number of Hurricanes low-alt capping the frontline bases near Callais-Dover.

Funny thing is, there are people who whine about 'gangbangs' even when this is not the case. How can one "NOT" mention poor SA?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2002, 08:14:46 AM »
Without resorting to cheap shots in the whole MA vs CT debate... one thing is clear for both arenas...

Regardless of numbers, if you are a pilot that likes to fly alone you are always going to feel as if you are being teamed up on.  This is because most others like to fly with wingmen.

There really isn't much point in complaining about it because its not the others that are flying a-historically.

As for the vulching... that's something to think about with every "you need to turn down the ack lethality" complaint.  I will forever roll my eyes at that one.  The only reason to turn down flak or ack is to allow people to be closer to enemy bases.... or to have easier access to them.  I still can't understand why that would be desireable in any way, shape or form.

AKDejaVu

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2002, 08:26:45 AM »
There's an old saying among flight sim enthusiasts .

Vulch me once, shame on you, vulch me twice, shame on me .

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 08:33:47 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
I dont want to do this shane :D but it has to be said. Im a FW flyer!!. nothing against flying planes to their strengths but COME ON!! :D are you serious????? lol

not *all* fweenies (or 51's or la7's for that  matter) are runners, nothing wrong with trying to taunt into reversing those that are, is there?  :)

even when i flew FW's in tour 25 (MA) and 2 (CT) i flew true to my sig.

my point about "hypocrisy" is Raub is doing, albeit on the bbs, not ch1, the very thing he wants the perma-squelch for.  :P  hey! there's an "ignore poster" feature on the bbs - coolio!!  :P

i've already posted my views on ganging before, but i'll say it again, it's lame, especially when you have a 3rd, 4th or 5th goober jumping in when a baddie is already engaged with 1 or 2, moreso when the baddy doesn't even have the advantage to begin with.

and kweassa, "poor SA" is just a line lamers throw out to defend their lameness - it's not like i *don't* see them lamely jumping in, just that there's not very much that can be done about it, especially when you're in a slow (turn)fight with the 1 or 2 you're already engaged with. if one flew "pure SA" and bugged every oppt'y when the merest hint of disadvantage reared its ugly head, why it'd be pretty boring (for me anyway) - and it's boring to try and fight against that type as well, although it can be fun to kill the help that comes to a runner's aid, while the runner fails to try and help the help that got themselves in trouble. :D

summed up - there are very few "sporting gentlemen" who play this game, and i don't claim to be one - and simply because someone tosses out a faux doesn't make them "classy" - there's more to it than that.

lamers are as lamers do. you know who you are.  ;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2002, 08:40:54 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Regardless of numbers, if you are a pilot that likes to fly alone you are always going to feel as if you are being teamed up on.  This is because most others like to fly with wingmen.
AKDejaVu

bzzzzzzttt ignorance rears its ugly head.  there's a biiiiiiiiiiggggg difference bewteen a "wingman" and an overwhelming mob of latecomers to an ongoing fight that has very little to do with, say, a base being taken *way over there.*
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2002, 08:59:03 AM »
Ironic shane.. because the only time I've seen you in the CT (in my brief visits there) have been when you and 2 others were loitering near an enemy field and I was the only axis pilot on line.

You argue symantics as far as the term "wingman" goes.  There is safety in numbers.  That is completely historical.  It always has been and always will be.

The whole 1:1 aspect of these games belongs in one arena... the dueling arena.  Any argument to the contrary is simply someone sitting back and pretending that a game defines one's masculinity or honor.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2002, 09:02:32 AM »
the turn down the flak was only for cvs.

the ack was exploding planes ar 22k with 4 hits.......

The only other time flak was brought up was when someone parked a cv off shore and our base was at 2k at 3 k 5inch would rip ya new one.

I dont know if your refering to that discussion for here in the ct or some other discussion about the main.

The current ct fields only have 4 ack at each. Not a real problem with ack.

Theres a difference in what is considered gang banging in the main and the ct.

When the numbers are 28 to 12 or 12 to 3 for 1 side in the ct is too much to ask that we balance up the numbers so we all can have fun?

What most people call gangbanging is a result of what they do.

They fly to an enemy base and expect to be given a 1 v 1. I dont mind being at a disadvantage in a fight but what I saw was 1 guy up and 6 guys beat him down. Or when numbers get to  2 to 1 or higher.

The planes in the ct are well matched and make for really fun intense fights. I had some realy long 1 v 1 s that were great fun. Win or lose.

I have engage 3 or 4 guys at once. Thats not gangbanging.

Gangbangin is 6 guys jumpin all over someone before his gear is up.

I dont mind using the cvs to get the fight closer. just dont make so I gotta up 2 sectors away to get some alt before I am tour up by ack.

I dont mind tbm and ju88s bombin and using evasives to stay alive. I just dont like some jumpin in an empty ju88 or tbm flying around through the fight ack starrin.

There should be no score in the ct no kill msgs nothing like that. lets up fight get shotdown and S! each other for the good fight.

No base capture no disabling strat (dar fuel etc). lets keep the combat part of the combat theater in the front.

Find setups that allow for parity and lets get to it.

But I am by far the minority.

At the very fediddlein least keepin the numbers within a reasonable spread.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2002, 09:05:48 AM »
Ironic shane.. because the only time I've seen you in the CT (in my brief visits there) have been when you and 2 others were loitering near an enemy field and I was the only axis pilot on line.

AKDejaVu

and i'll lay odds i went allied shortly after, as it's no fun having no one to fight, not to mention i don't recall this and if you had upped instead of obviously logging, i'd not have made it a 3 on 1, unless that was a setup with base capture and it was in process of being taken.

you really should fly more instead of posting so as to learn what's really going on befotre you hop on your high horse.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2002, 09:30:25 AM »

and i'll lay odds i went allied shortly after, as it's no fun having no one to fight, not to mention i don't recall this and if you had upped instead of obviously logging, i'd not have made it a 3 on 1, unless that was a setup with base capture and it was in process of being taken.

you really should fly more instead of posting so as to learn what's really going on befotre you hop on your high horse.
Yeah.. it truly amazes me to see what you post vs what you do in the CT shane.

It was you, a spitfire and a typhoon.  You were all flying at about 300 knots and keeping pretty low.  You were keeping excellent spacing so that if I engaged 1 of you, the other two could be in quickly... but stayed just out of icon range most of the time.  A 3: 1 like that for some time.  Then you taunted me for "hiding in the ack".

I'd fly in the CT more... but you are there so often that its not all that appealing.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2002, 09:33:22 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan
the turn down the flak was only for cvs.

the ack was exploding planes ar 22k with 4 hits.......

The only other time flak was brought up was when someone parked a cv off shore and our base was at 2k at 3 k 5inch would rip ya new one.
It may have been for that... but from a different thread:
Daddog, it was originally set to 1.0. I set it to 0.06 per banana's suggestions (the setting used in Big Week), then finally settled at 0.1, as I realized this setting also affects the small AAA, not just the puffy ack. At 0.06, field and ship light ack was having almost no affect (took 20 or 30 hits while in a PT boat, with no damage). The main complaint was the puffy flak. Unfortunately, the same setting affects all AAA.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2002, 09:52:14 AM »
Yeah.. it truly amazes me to see what you post vs what you do in the CT shane.

It was you, a spitfire and a typhoon.  You were all flying at about 300 knots and keeping pretty low.  You were keeping excellent spacing so that if I engaged 1 of you, the other two could be in quickly... but stayed just out of icon range most of the time.  A 3: 1 like that for some time.  Then you taunted me for "hiding in the ack".

I'd fly in the CT more... but you are there so often that its not all that appealing.

AKDejaVu

don't recall that, but i'm not known for ganging, or much for winging actually, i'm one of those "loners" you alluded to. and as i've stated, i'll switch to the outnumbered side when the balance is off-kilter.  you ignorance is showing (again).  be sure to stay safely within the horde of your squad, it's dangerous out there.

check out my new sig.  :)

yanno, you come across as a very sanctimonius salamander as often as not.

faux

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2002, 09:58:17 AM »

don't recall that, but i'm not known for ganging, or much for winging actually, i'm one of those "loners" you alluded to.
I know what you say and I know what I've seen.  Still waiting for the day the two meet.  Your oppinion of yourself vs your actions... hmm.
and as i've stated, i'll switch to the outnumbered side when the balance is off-kilter.  you ignorance is showing (again).  be sure to stay safely within the horde of your squad, it's dangerous out there.
Once again... its what you "state" vs what you "do".  Just going on personal experience here shane.  No need to talk about how you didn't really do it... cause that is what is called a "lie".
yanno, you come across as a very sanctimonius salamander as often as not.
coming from you.. I don't know whether its an insult or you are jealous.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2002, 10:00:23 AM »
that relates to the 5 inch guns only.

theres 1 setting for all aa including the 88 and 5 inch guns.

Theres only 4 ack at each field in the euro map. Not much to complain about there.

The axis kept their cv in the channel because without it they had no dar. Theres no planes available from that cv just lvts (invasion force)

In the interest of gameplay folks arent to upset that the allies would bring there cv closer to france to shorten flight times. This also had the effect of making the hurri the mainstay allied fighter in the setup. There had been concerns that folks would gravitate to the spitfire. Both are good matched for the 4e.

By keeping the cv close 5 inch was devastating to planes just upping so it did the opposite it pushed bac the 109s so they could get alt before getting ripped by 5 inch.

I lost 3 planes to cv ack 1 when i was d150 off someones six at 22k. 5 inch killed me and the guy asked over channel 1 how he got a kill..........

So the ack discussion (never an arguement) was specific to cv ack (5 inch in particular).

I think everyone enjoys quick intense fights but the instance of gangbanging I saw involved 1 guy uppin the gettin stomped he avoid the first three but after that sa dont matter.

He could went to a different field and came in higher but he still would have been gangbanged.

I just logged

Just because you end up outnumbered in a fight doesnt equate to gangbanging. Its when the last 2 or 3 jump in to get the easy kill when ya dont have a chance. It is funny sometimes to watch um fight over a kill but i can imagine it getting old fast.

Especially in the "Combat" theater. in the main theres always another fight at another field.......ct is what the guys in there make it.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Gangbanging Theater?
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2002, 10:08:17 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan
Just because you end up outnumbered in a fight doesnt equate to gangbanging. Its when the last 2 or 3 jump in to get the easy kill when ya dont have a chance. It is funny sometimes to watch um fight over a kill but i can imagine it getting old fast.

Especially in the "Combat" theater. in the main theres always another fight at another field.......ct is what the guys in there make it.

this sums up my whole point of contention, whether it's CT or MA.

and deja you don't fly enough or encounter me enough to form a valid opinion, moreso when you base it on 1 or 2 isolated alledged incidents.

thanks for playing.