Author Topic: Where are the new bigger maps?  (Read 179 times)

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
Where are the new bigger maps?
« on: March 31, 2002, 08:52:31 PM »
Same old overcrowded MA is getting to be a real drag.  Too many rats in too small a box.  Where are the new maps we were supposed to be getting?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 02:19:13 AM »
The box ain't too small, the fighting just isn't being spread out enough  :)

Seriously though, at any given time 75% or more of the map will be devoid of activity.  

J_A_B

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 04:03:42 AM »
More people taking off from the closest base to the action is all I see.  Is the furball getting too big?  I see front line bases untouched everytime I'm online.  

These larger maps will be more of the same I bet.  I can see the flames coming.

Number of planes launched for each type of base would be interesting and spread the fight out.
JG11

Vater

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 10:18:45 AM »
It all depends on how many bases there are.  If the maps are a larger size with the same number of bases, yeah, it will be everyone taking off from the same location.  If the base count goes up with the map size, I think it will spread the fighting out.  It will have to when the land grabbers start going for those front line undefended bases.

Zippatuh

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 10:36:50 AM »
I think there is still room in the current map cycle for everyone but things can get a little hectic with maps being cycled very quickly. Perhaps the requirement for field capture could be changed so that it requires a little more co-ordination to capture a field. Maybe require the field to be closed as well as the town before capture is possible? might even give bombers a worthwhile job instead of swarms of heavy fighters doing the job all the time.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2002, 11:15:03 AM »
Agreed

Same 4 maps, gets very very old

Here's to hoping new maps make it out soon.

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2002, 11:23:00 AM »
I'm just trying to think ahead.  Sunday night the numbers in MA were very close to the 550 player cap.  That's too crowded (for me) with the current maps.  With the new AH advertising campaign running we will soon be seeing still higher numbers.  Raising the player cap once again with the current maps would drive me out.

We will either need those new maps or a second MA very soon.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2002, 12:00:47 PM »
I think regardless of how big the maps are, the same type of hordes will still be common place.

Maybe not right after a reset, but once the tide of war starts going into a particular country, the boarders get smaller and the hordes go to the boarders.

Yes, there will be a few people who strike into the undefended areas to try and sneek a few quick captures, but all in all, it will be a big gangbanging.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2002, 01:37:28 PM »
Listen up you turds...

Think back to the days of one map rotation each TOUR or even further back to NO rotation!  How did we get by then?  How is it now that we cannot survive one tour without becoming bored? :D  You ungratefull pieces of fecal matter :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2002, 01:40:18 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
The box ain't too small, the fighting just isn't being spread out enough  :)

Seriously though, at any given time 75% or more of the map will be devoid of activity.  

J_A_B

Add "no dar bar under 500 feet" would cure that cold!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2002, 01:41:13 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
Listen up you turds...

Think back to the days of one map rotation each TOUR or even further back to NO rotation!  How did we get by then?  How is it now that we cannot survive one tour without becoming bored? :D  You ungratefull pieces of fecal matter :D

Pretty tough talk coming from an Alter boy! :eek:
Hehe, j/k Oct ;)