Author Topic: Do you play for Score or for Fun  (Read 2138 times)

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Do you play for Score or for Fun
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
Yes, it was during the Golden Age and not a myth.  Unfortunately, the Golden Age died when that retard idea of the Aces High Championship Shootout contest was announced.  Since then fun took a back seat to timid flying and score potatos.  Too bad you weren't around back then, you may have a different outlook to the game.

ack-ack

*shrug* Okay. Human nature is what it is. I've heard stuff about Air Warrior that kind of belies the notion that the MA used to be a sort of DA, but I wasn't there back then.

I've never seen the time in AHII when trying to look for a fair duel in the MA wasn't a good way to pick up an interloper or three, so I fly accordingly.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2008, 10:49:24 PM »
you got it mixed up BnZ..

the DA used to be like the DA but now is like the MA and the MA used to be like the MA but now it is a mess of noobish hysteria
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
Whoa Score?  Been here  almost 9 years and we have score?  Wow!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »
I rather meant the DA outside of the "mini MA" over by the lake. The "rapiers at dawn" section.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2008, 11:23:52 PM »
*shrug* Okay. Human nature is what it is. I've heard stuff about Air Warrior that kind of belies the notion that the MA used to be a sort of DA, but I wasn't there back then.

I've never seen the time in AHII when trying to look for a fair duel in the MA wasn't a good way to pick up an interloper or three, so I fly accordingly.

The arenas in AW were just like the arenas in AH though you could at least find a decent fight more often than not, unlike AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2008, 12:16:32 AM »
The arenas in AW were just like the arenas in AH though you could at least find a decent fight more often than not, unlike AH.

ack-ack

Sir, if you haven't been able to find plenty of bandits willing to bounce your P-38, you have been flying in a different MA than me.  :D

Personally, I don't have trouble finding bandits, I have trouble finding ONE bandit, cutting him out of the herd, killing him in a timely manner, and simultaneosly keeping good SA and out of situations that will end with my aircraft becoming scrap metal.

<S>

BnZ
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:26:14 AM by BnZ »

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2008, 12:30:35 AM »
Whoa Score?  Been here  almost 9 years and we have score?  Wow!

Isnt that what we do with our Sheep ? 
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2008, 12:58:08 AM »
Let me ask this question; if it wasn't fun why play at all?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:43 PM »
Have to say fun. Don't have the patience or skill to worry that much about score. :lol
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-