Author Topic: Stupid Rook Tricks  (Read 682 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« on: April 07, 2002, 01:27:11 PM »
Just logged off after repeated becoming aggrevated with lack of Rook organization at A10 and at A9. What do we have here? Have all the Sunday drivers decided to fly AH today? Three times I flew towards the fight at 10 with several Rooks. Each time my teammates ran away at the first sight of the enemy.:rolleyes:  Wussies!!! It seemed like it was every man for themselves.

It would have been easier to organize close-order drill with a pack of Baboons.

I watched seven Rooks (I counted them) chase a single A6M out to sea. Meanwhile, 5 Bish upped at the field that they should have been vulching. Once those 5 were up, it was not possible to cap the field with two or three planes.

While this is going on, our cruiser gunners ignore the Bish fleet just 15k to the east, and continue killing grass and weeds at 10. :rolleyes:

There was almost zero voice communication... That speaks volumes. I will not fly during the day any longer. Too many thumbsucking schoolgirls who have no concept of team work. I saw one knucklehead with two Bish closing on his 6. I gave him a verbal warning and two "check 6" warnings. He barely changed course and was whacked in short order. Twice I dive into crowds of Bish to clear a Rook's tail. Both times, the guy I saved ran away, not answering my calls to return the favor. Wussie schoolgirls. If not for killshooter, I would have raced the Bish to shoot them down myself.:mad: Geez, I got offers of help from a guy up at A9 who was racing down to help (thanks Zulu), but none from those right there....

Another thing: If you want to take command of a CV, don't run off and go flying without giving up control. It's not possible to do both at the same time worth a damn.

Don't get me wrong, there were some people who knew what to do, but got no help from the school girls. I saw Cuckoo get gangbanged twice when nearby Rooks just ran way. Our LVTs were left without cover, as the fighters were either chasing lone cons or running away from even odds fights. Why is it so many up PTs? They are essentially defenseless against a swarm of aircraft. Grab a fighter or Jabo. Kill something for Crissake! You can't win a fight with PTs, period.

Well, I guess I've vented enough for now. Do I feel better? Hell no! I'm still disgusted. But, now everyone responsible for that debacle knows why.  

Before someone says it: Yeah, I know it's just a game. I just hate failure at any endeavor.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 02:04:08 PM »
Rude, seems he is quite close this week? Or it will go to "kill stealers" thread? :)

How about making bets guys? :)

Fariz

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 02:06:34 PM »
Come to Bishops WW!

Rooks are like Nixon. All smile and no good ;) ;) ;)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 02:57:50 PM »
Did those 7 get the A6M ? ;)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 04:23:52 PM »
Perhaps you need to change your handle to something more fitting:

"GeNeRuL WiDewInG"  

I wish you flew Knights.   I'd love to see your reaction when you gave me a 6 call and I told you to stuff it  :)

J_A_B

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2002, 04:26:31 PM »
WW I saw today 6 rooks following 2 crap spits V, while a c47 passed exactly to the side  very close of  our town(down). None attacks the  goon...well me :)  shotdown the c47.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2002, 04:49:23 PM »
Originally posted by Hristo
Did those 7 get the A6M ? ;)

I was to busy to note the outcome. However, I hope the Zeke embarassed them. ;)

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 05:00:04 PM »
well widewing, next time you see me on, ask me to wing up, i'll not let you down (too often) and give you a lot of set ups.

i usually fly a pony (like a spit, sorta) so i can chase down runners; i also fly spits fairly well, and can fly just about anything decently.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2002, 05:22:15 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
well widewing, next time you see me on, ask me to wing up, i'll not let you down (too often) and give you a lot of set ups.

i usually fly a pony (like a spit, sorta) so i can chase down runners; i also fly spits fairly well, and can fly just about anything decently.

I'd be happy to fly with you Shane. I admire the Leviathn and Nath team. Each can utterly depend upon the other.

Last night I tried the La-7. It certainly fits the description of "dweeb machine". I went 13/0 with ease. Tonight, I'll see how far I can extend that streak. I fly just about everything. However, since the Rooks are often on the defensive, I gravitate towards flying the Spits on the defensive or from a CV. I do most of my "mud moving" with the Typhoon.

I can see where some folks would like to see the La-7 perked. Properly flown, its a match for anything and overmatches the vast majority of aircraft. Like the Pony, if you keep fast and arrive at a fight with some altitude, it's nearly untouchable. I took on 4 Jugs last night, killed 3 of them. Someone else beat me to number 4.

Yeah, I'd perk it at 20.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2002, 08:55:20 PM »
Widewing;

This is a military combat game which 99.99% of people play with absolutely no military discipline whatsofigginever.  

The only solution I've come up with is to find a sponsor, become a pro and actually hire wingmen to follow my orders 100% or I would can them.  My squaddies are each paid $80,000 per year to follow my orders 100% except Bader who gets $100,000 because he can yodel and lives in Texas.  We also offer full medical and dental benefits, a 401K with matched contributions and all federal holidays plus Hitech's and Pyro's birthday off.

My observation is that everybody else are volunteers who have absolutely no fear of a courts martial, firing squad, the enemy, death or loosing an excellent job.  Probably the only fear these guys have is their wives.  What's the use of pissing ourselves off?  Your disappointmens are proportional to your expectatations!

Rgds
Beeg
CO Rampaging Rooks of Retribution

P.S. Just had a brain storm.  Get to their wives and have them withold sex from anyone who doesn't fly in an acceptable fashion.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2002, 09:07:15 PM »
"and all federal holidays plus Hitech's and Pyro's birthday off"

LOL.

What about Superfly? And Yankee? Ronni? Damn man, what!!!!??? Do we make their B-days be local holidays ? ;) :D :D

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2002, 09:52:42 PM »
Widewing,
I feel your pain....trust me.....

I fly in the day when I am waiting to go into work for a night flight.  If ya see me up ask and ill wing with you.  I have been winging with TRIED lately and been having a blast.  Alot of guys want to do team operations just looking for some guidance.  N8 is also fun to fly with....sorry about dropping names guys.  

Just ask...if guys are interested they will be more than happy to fly together.  Also, propose a vox channel to work on.  I do everytime I get on but alot of those times guys just dont care...oh well.....Im always up for winging and joint ops.

My 2cents.....:)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2002, 10:25:26 PM »
...but WideWing  I don't WANNA HELP  I just wanna KILL sumfing  I pay MY money to do what I WANT  You generals are just a bunch of LOOOSERs  Team's are for SISSY's...

:D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2002, 12:10:49 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing

I'd be happy to fly with you Shane. I admire the Leviathn and Nath team. Each can utterly depend upon the other.

Last night I tried the La-7. It certainly fits the description of "dweeb machine". I went 13/0 with ease. Tonight, I'll see how far I can extend that streak. I fly just about everything. However, since the Rooks are often on the defensive, I gravitate towards flying the Spits on the defensive or from a CV. I do most of my "mud moving" with the Typhoon.

I can see where some folks would like to see the La-7 perked. Properly flown, its a match for anything and overmatches the vast majority of aircraft. Like the Pony, if you keep fast and arrive at a fight with some altitude, it's nearly untouchable. I took on 4 Jugs last night, killed 3 of them. Someone else beat me to number 4.

Yeah, I'd perk it at 20.

My regards,

Widewing

Extended La-7 streak to 18/0. Added 2 Mustangs, 2 Ki-67s and a Lanc during two sorties at A24 and A25. This thing is a monster. Now I think that I'd perk it at 30. Funny thing about the La-7; I've killed 8 without loss as well as gotten 18 kills in the La-7 without loss. Guess I figured it out.....

Managed to get 8 or 9 in SpitV (one sortie, rearming twice) before running out of ammo and getting gangbanged over A25 by a huge horde of Knits. Great teamwork tonight at 24 and 25. Lots of voice com and everyone worked together like they had been doing so for a long time. I don't know why the "night crew" demonstrates so much more discipline, but it is clearly the case. A salute to everyone who flew at 24 and 25 tonight, both Rooks and Knights. Great brawl.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Stupid Rook Tricks
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2002, 12:13:59 AM »
Originally posted by Tumor
...but WideWing  I don't WANNA HELP  I just wanna KILL sumfing  I pay MY money to do what I WANT  You generals are just a bunch of LOOOSERs  Team's are for SISSY's...

:D

lol, Tumor. Right on the mark.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing