Author Topic: It ain't the settings  (Read 595 times)

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
It ain't the settings
« on: April 09, 2002, 10:11:04 AM »
So I poke my head into the CT to check out the pac setup.  I pick an F6f which I'm not real familiar with, but seems appropriate.  I mix it up with a zero until his buddy shows up.  I know I can't beat 2 zeros so I leave.  Some derisive comment are made, no problem you want the easy kill and think you can taunt me back, you can't.  They break.

I see one of the zeros again so I engage and we go around a couple time until his buddy shows up again so I dive out again and head for home.  I spiral climb down to land but notice a carrier offshore so I head over to practice landing on the boat.  I land no problem but see tracers comin up from the boat so I'm sitting there on the deck to see what's going on and this zeke dives in and shoots me.  I'm not real upset by that, in fact I give an LOL on channel 1.  This guy pops in with "scratch one loser" or some other nonsense.

Ok, toejam happens, but then this guy references this engagement (my behavior) as an example of what's wrong with the CT (In his opinion) in another thread (though his recollection borders on delusional).  I don't understand why someone who claims to want to make the CT work would act in this manner.

If you genuinly want to make this arena work, then you need to make room for everybody, and not be a dick when somebody isn't playing the way you think they should play.  You're keeping people out.

It seems to me that the success or failure of the CT is dependant upon the people who play in it, not on the settings.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2002, 10:34:07 AM by ZOSO »

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
It ain't the settings
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 10:30:37 AM »
Run when you have to, attack with advantage, disengage when they are 2 vs 1 (specially zeke vs f6f in low speed fight). This only shows you have good judgement and are willing to make the CT more realistic and less furrballish, don't mind what they say.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
It ain't the settings
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 10:44:15 AM »
Ask yourself this.

Did I fly Historicly? Would a real pilot flying in WWII have done it this way?

If the answer is yes then ignore them.

Would a real zeke pilot in WWII have dove in for a kill on a carrier deck? Hmmm somehow I don't think so.

I've been on both sides of such verbal engagements. Smack talk is smack talk and doesn't prove or gain anything.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
It ain't the settings
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 10:58:13 AM »
Hey zoso, what a pile.  Rarely do I run into that kind of crap in the CT.  Just curious if you could name some names (since I am in there all the time, I like to know if the other guy is going to be honorable or not).  

I was doing the same thing yesterday, ie running from zeros when I lost the advantage, and the bastards sent in the ki 61s to chase me down!

Anybody that thinks the axis plane set in CT is weak, need to try it sometime.  

That ki handles like a dream at 500 tas.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
It ain't the settings
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 11:26:05 AM »
That ki handles like a dream at 500 tas.

Huh?

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
It ain't the settings
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 11:34:13 AM »
Try it.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
It ain't the settings
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2002, 11:43:15 AM »
Yep, just went to make sure I wasnt crazy.  Ki rolls, climbs, does whatever you want it to do at 500 tas at 2k.  Anything over 500 and you start to hear the stress on the plane.